• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
letter-a-dancing.gif

XXL

It was great.

There are a bunch of games I'm interested in.

I want to know if Perfect Dark is an immersive sim or not.

On the flipside, I'm not sure about Indy and Fable.

Roufianos

S. Hard to see how it could have been better.

Not every game appealed to me, especially the first person ones, but can't deny it all looked very high quality.

Last edited:
They did a stellar job. Yes, Xbox is still mid-shift and clearly struggling, but they really brought goods today. SoP was a bomb and SGF was lame. It was nice to see a proper summer showing.

We know that a lot of what was shown will come to PS5, but their first party offerings were nice.

Fable doesn't interest me if it's a set protagonist. Avowed looked nice, so did Indiana but rumors say Indiana will eventually come over so I'll wait.

Doom looks great and Perfect Dark seems very cool. I'm not a Gears person, but it looks good.

Last edited:

Shrap

wtRCa09.gif

Still the best showcase in years, but it shows how terrible the industry is now as opposed to this being good. Sony needs to at least step up to mediocrity from the crap they've been showcasing for years.

Doom and Stalker 2 were the only games that look genuinely good.

VAVA Mk2

This has been the best show they have had in YEARS. So many games coming out within the next year and half I actually am excited to play and feel my GPU sub will justify. Maybe we finally see the fruits of acquisitions come to bear?

leo-j

First time we get an actual real show case in years so an A. These Nintendo directs with 4-5 games, and state of plays with indie games and 1-3 big games ain’t it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
first post triggered. Fuck off with this shit guys, it’s getting old.
The silver lining is that these whiny pussies keep outing themselves, so now I know who the sensitive GAFers are, so I can avoid offending them in the future. Who cries about video game protagonists of all things lol.

bender

What time is it?
Solid B. I'm not really a fan of Doom 2016 or Eternal but Dark Ages has me thinking about giving this iteration of Doom another go. I'm not sure I'll purchase another Flight Sim after the previous iteration as I didn't play it as much as I thought I would but FS2024 seeming adding more structured activities has my really interested. I've got some quibbles about the Perfect Dark showing but it looks way better than I'd expected. Of the things I was interested in, Indy was really the only disappointment. There were a bunch of other titles that look solid that just aren't my cup of tea.

edit: STALKER looks nice too.

Last edited:

lucbr

Great show! A+, games for all tastes!

When is the new Nintendo Direct? Already announced?

Last edited:

Zathalus

I thought it was great, tons of great looking games coming up. By far the best showcase of the year (so far).

Hugare

A

It was really, really good. Many games that I'm interested in, and great variety.

Best showcase in quite a while. Hopefuly Sony will feel some pressure (I doubt it)

sendit

A. Great show case in comparison to what we got from Sony, regardless if they should mostly multi platform games.

March Climber

Gold Member
Easiest A rating I can give. For context, I didn't look at any leaks/spoilers when going into this show like a lot of people here did.

• CoD Black Ops 6
  • Doom Dark Ages
  • Starfield new content and shadow drop
  • Clair Obscur Expedition 33 (Turn based RPG looked almost like FF 13)
  • South of Midnight gameplay reveal (looks kind of like Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden with a flight power)
  • MGS Snake Eater Delta gameplay reveal
  • Perfect Dark with added gameplay reveal
  • Fable gameplay
  • FragPunk (game/level changing skills 5v5 TDM)
  • Mixtape
  • Flight Simulator new content
  • Life is Strange Double Exposure
  • Indiana Jones new environment gameplay/cutscenes
  • Wuchang Fallen Feathers
  • Avowed new environments and gameplay snippets
  • Atomfall
  • Assassin's Creed Shadows gameplay reveal
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 gameplay showcase
  • Gears of War E-day

So far...

State of Play: B-
OTK Games Expo: A-
Guerilla Collective: A
SGF: C
Devolver: C+
Xbox Showcase: A

All I need from Ubisoft are gameplay showcases and a few reveals.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Was actually pretty good.

It made you appreciate how many studios they have under their belt.

It’s very simple. As and when they start pumping out good games, I’ll get an Xbox.

mortal

That was a very solid showcase. Their best in quite some time. B+

My highlights for me were in no order:
Doom The Dark Ages
South of Midnight
Expedition 33
Perfect Dark
Stalker 2
Fable

Top Bottom