• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

Nydius

Gold Member
B-

Yeah they showed a lot of games and compared to the other two bombs it’s no contest. But why is everyone out here handing out A’s when a vast majority of that show was pre-rendered cutscenes, and announcements with no year attached at all? Fable, Perfect Dark, and GoW E-Day for example didn’t even list a year.

Meanwhile, their two biggest releases of this year - Avowed and Indiana Jones - still hasn’t shown any significant amount of gameplay despite releasing within the next 5-6 months.

Lots of good announcements but most of them were typical Microsoft “wait and hope” trailers.

Neff

Indy and Perfect Dark looked great, and they gave me a good reason to go back and finish Starfield

I give it a 'ok Microsoft isn't quite dead yet'/10

Last edited:

begotten

I'd give it a B based on the first party stuff.

Perfect Dark isn't Perfect Dark. No real Fable gameplay. South of Midnight and Indy both looking just decent. Gears Prequel was a good surprise.

All the other stuff seemed like whatever. The turn based game was cool.

Seen this script before of people overreacting to showcases for the games not to meet that level.

djjinx2

EB20100915REVIEWS100919992AR.jpg

Dazraell

Gold Member
Strong B. There were some games I'm really interested, definitely a major step up from Sony's and Summer Game Fest's showcases

Gears prequel was a welcomed surprise. Was hoping they will announce a remaster collection, but E-Day with Marcus and Dom is also good. I really liked how Fable looks, although admittedly protagonist's face still bothers me. Indy also looks solid. Will definitely pick up Life is Strange. Really hyped for Doom and Stalker 2. Perfect Dark, Atomfall and Expedition 33 were my personal highlights. Avowed was whatever

I'm kinda disappointed about lack of Lost Odyssey / Blue Dragon though. Was really hoping to being able play it on Steam Deck

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
B. Not enough actual game play shown and some games shown are too far out. Plus, no rumored handheld (which I did not expect).

Jadsey

I thought it was surprisingly decent actually.

Gears Eday, Perfect Dark and SoD3 looked great and I look forward to playing them all on my PS5.

The only negative was that DragonAge shite.

DanielG165

EASY A (not the movie). Xbox literally has the most stacked year for a single publisher/video game company this year, and their 2025 line up looks immense also. They dropped a nuke to start with DOOM, and then it was a giant tidal wave from there. Perfect Dark, Fable, a Gears prequel? Everybody showed up today.

The fact that Stalker, Indiana Jones, Flight Sim, Dragon Age, Avowed, and a giant Starfield expansion are all coming THIS year is just nuts lol. And then on top of that, BLOPS 6 is day 1 on GamePass. The best showcase by far this year, and considerably better than what Xbox had last year, which was already a really solid showing.

Also, screw off to anyone complaining about there being “too many women” today, that’s so corny. There were plenty of badass male protagonists in awesome looking games as well today.

B.
Was a great show with lots of games.
I'm taking off an entire letter grade because of the long grueling CGI movie in the middle.

Avowed looked much better this time around.
The new Indy Great Circle game looks better than I hoped.
Perfect Dark looks like a Parkour game with some stealth and shooting. It looked good.

Gamepass eating good for the next year or so.

KXVXII9X

This was the best Xbox showcases in recent memory and one of the best showcases in a while. It wasn't perfect but gave me what I missed from E3. There were also a notable variety of games.

I know a lot of vocal people are screaming the death of AAA, but a lot of these brought back some needed excitement. Most weren't pushing any major boundary outside of graphics, but it was still nice to see some strong single player AAA games not bogged down by MTX and excessive open worlds. It felt like a Sony E3 event from a decade ago.

It is a real shame they took out Tango, but I hope going forward they don't need to cut as many games and start valuing having strong software support. This looks like a step in the right direction hopefully.

dorkimoe

Didnt even get to talk about the showcase cuz i constantly have to read about women upsetting people.

That was fantastic showing. Glad to see a lot of games I am interested in, So glad i dont have to pay full price for all of those, only downside for me was state of decay and fable gameplay was barely there and its going to be a long wait for these

harmonize

A, the only bad looking game shown was Dragon Age.

Would have been an A+ if we got information about when Activision games start coming to GP.

fallingdove

Solid showcase. Sony is going to need to bring fire — I just don’t know they have it at the moment.

Was more impressed by Indiana Jones than I thought I’d be. Fable looked cool. This whole girl boss trend is getting dull.

StueyDuck

B, everything looks good, but to get an A you need that bombshell, that pop.

this didn't have that.

but everything there looks decent and a huge step up from what MS has been putting out lately.

JCK75

Holy crap! Perfect dark looks good.. I had no idea what it was and I was into what I was seeing already.. Loved mirror's Edge so that parkour at the beginning had my attention

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
B grade.

Lots of games that look interesting.

Some games that look boring.

A decent amount of gameplay, but too much cinematics for my tastes. A few were great. Most were just okay. A few looked bad.

What's the deal with the framerate.

RAIDEN1

I never saw any of it, but how much of it is heading to PS5? I think it is safe to assume Perfect Dark will end up on Sony's machine? (Matter of time)

GrayChild

The best of all showcases this year, which isn't saying much.

Too much CGI stuff, overly scripted scenes, woke garbage and 2025+ releases to give it anything more than a C.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Man. I’m so glad I own an Xbox now. B just because they didn’t show something more arcade-ish but maaaaaaaan making one of the most boring FPS franchises an immersive sim is fantastic (and sad after closing Arkane). Xbox is the new Sony. You’ve heard here first.
Remember when some here told you that investing in an XBOX was a bad ide and Gamepass was getting worse???🤷🏻

Solid showcase. Sony is going to need to bring fire — I just don’t know they have it at the moment.

Was more impressed by Indiana Jones than I thought I’d be. Fable looked cool. This whole girl boss trend is getting dull.
Yes it’s getting ridiculous. Just about every game made lately has a female lead.

Ozriel

M$FT
400k+ people watching on the Xbox channel alone. COD brings in the eyeballs

Easily an A show. Solid entries...they've pretty much shown off everything else they've announced aside from EverWild.

Would have been the icing on the cake if they'd brought the past COD games to GamePass.

cormack12

Gold Member
B+ but in the context of the underwhelming shows of the past few years pushes it to an A. It still didn't have a Holy Shit moment but it's set the benchmark going forward I think.

Top Bottom