• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huston We have a Next-Gen Problem

I'm looking at all the Next-Gen Launch titles and after playing 2 hours of Tetrisphere with some friends, I would like to know where are all the Puzzle games for launch Next-Gen are. Q? needs to make some Xbox 360 online puzzle game for real. Even PS2 had Fantavision.

There's supposed to be some Tetris game coming out on 360, and I imagine there will be plenty of older puzzle games to play over LIVE in Xbox Arcade.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

We got a problem with the title heading too. :lol

Huston_N.jpg

"And what the fuck do you want me to do about it?"

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Tetrisphere was a freaking blast vs. My opponents moved though:( Dropping MOUNTAINS of black pieces was pure bliss...

Hadn't thought about that game for years.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Agent Icebeezy said:

We got a problem with the title heading too. :lol

NASA already has Houston locked down tight, so gamers had to resort to its neighbor, Huston.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
360 has all the xbox arcade puzzle games at launch, should have at least all these games available (Shame they cost so much).

xbox.com said:
What Games Are Available?

Alien Sky

* Price: $9.99 USD
* ESRB Rating: Everyone (Fantasy Violence)
* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Pilot your starfighter through enemy space and exterminate the insectoid aliens as they swirl and swarm into formation. Capture power-ups to boost your shields, upgrade your weapons, temporarily slow your enemies, or warp to the next level.

Astropop

* ESRB Rating: Everyone
* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Use your spaceship's magnet to grab bricks from the ever-advancing wall. Then, launch them back to match four of the same color … and watch them pop! Blast your way through the wall faster with radial bombs, column nukes, and the Supa Weapon.

Play the free Astropop demo on Zone.com

Atomaders

* ESRB Rating: Everyone with Violence
* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Explore new planets in your mission to halt the cyborg invasions. Avoid enemy fire and eradicate the advancing robots before they reach your ship. Collect the falling discs to use the aliens' weapon technology to your own advantage.

Bankshot Billiards

* Price: $14.99 USD
* One-Three Players
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live-Enabled

Prepare to release your inner pool shark! Bankshot Billiards gives you nine different game styles, from classic 8-Ball and Cutthroat to Trick Shots and Golf. Turn on the Cueball Path option to practice your shots, then challenge real opponents on Xbox Live.

Bejeweled

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

The puzzle phenomenon you love on the Internet comes to the Xbox video game system! Swap two gems at a time to match three of a kind. For more points, form combos and chains as the columns collapse. You'll be captivated … you'll be mesmerized … you'll Bejeweled!

Play the free Bejeweled demo on Zone.com

Dangerous Mines

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware
* Custom Soundtracks

Blow your old Minesweeper away with Dangerous Mines! Not only does Dangerous Mines look cool, but it has three mine games in one. Try your hand at the new Free Edge and Gauntlet mine games.

Feeding Frenzy

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Slurp, gulp, and crunch your way along the Frenzy Coast. The rules are simple: Eat anything smaller than you and swim clear of everything else. The more you eat, the bigger you get, so it won't be long 'til you're the biggest fish in this sea! Play the free Feeding Frenzy demo on Zone.com

Fuzzee Fever

* Price: $19.99 USD
* One to Four Players
* Online Multiplayer with Voice
* Multiplayer on a Single Console
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live-Enabled

Blocks will never again be just puzzle pieces. Fuzzee Fever takes the classic puzzle theme and adds characters, chaos, and melee action. Now, when the block doesn't fit, pick it up, throw it, and knock your opponent's block off.

Guardian

* ESRB Rating: Teen (Animated Blood and Fantasy Violence)
* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Play the game that redefines arcade action with massive swarms of enemy ships, awesome firepower, and fantastic graphics. Get ready to be blown away!

Hardwood Solitaire

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware
* Custom Soundtracks

Hardwood Solitaire offers more than 100 exciting solitaire game variants. Enjoy favorites like Klondike, Spider, FreeCell, Pyramid, Yukon, and a whole lot more—including original solitaire games that you won't find anywhere else!

Ms. Pac-Man

* Free with Xbox Live Arcade disc!
* One to Two Players
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Hearken back to the golden age of arcade gaming with Ms. Pac-Man. It’s all here for you remember—from ghosts and power pellets to warp tunnels, bouncing fruit, and multiple mazes!

Marble Blast

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Race your marble through a rich cartoon landscape of moving platforms and perilous obstacles. Use power-ups to increase your speed, jumping ability, or flight power. Then go for the elusive gold times as you roll our way to the top of the Leader Boards! Play the free Marble Blast demo on Zone.com.

Mutant Storm

* ESRB Rating: Everyone (Mild Fantasy Violence)
* One to Two Players
* Score Boards
* HDTV 480p and 720p
* Xbox Live Aware

Fight your way through room after mutant-filled room in a quest to save the human race. Collect weapon upgrades, earn bonuses for clearing a room quickly, and use architectural obstacles to your advantage.

Namco Vintage: Pole Position, Dig Dug, and Galaga

* Price: $14.99 USD
* One to Two Players
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Itching to get your hands on yesterday’s hottest arcade hits? Well, look no further! Namco transports you back to the good old days, when arcade gaming was king, with Dig Dug, Galaga, and Pole Position. No tokens needed …

Ricochet Lost Worlds

* One Player
* Score Boards
* HDTV 480p and 720p
* Xbox Live Aware

Bounce the ion sphere off your rocket's shield and direct it toward the columns of bricks. Demolish every brick to advance to the next level, where you'll encounter new upgrades and surprising brick variations.

Play the free Ricochet Lost Worlds demo on Zone.com

Super Collapse II

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Colorful blocks continually rise from the bottom of the screen. When you click on a group of three or more of the same color, they disappear, and the rest condense into a tighter group. If the blocks reach the top of the screen, it's back to square one.

Zuma

* One Player
* Score Boards
* Xbox Live Aware

Vibrantly colored balls spiral toward the gaping jaws of a cursed gold skull. Fire balls from the idol's mouth to create a chain of three or more of the same color and make the string disappear. Clear all the balls before they're devoured.

Covers most of your basic puzzle needs, a lot of these are actually rip-offs (good ones though) of your favourite puzzle games.

I'll have to get Astropop, i love that game.

Jesiatha

Ghost said:
360 has all the xbox arcade puzzle games at launch, should have at least all these games available (Shame they cost so much).

Most games at $9.99 is "so much"? I can understand the backlash when most were going to be $20. At $10, the games cost half of what they do on the web.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Jesiatha said:
Most games at $9.99 is "so much"? I can understand the backlash when most were going to be $20. At $10, the games cost half of what they do on the web.

I was just pre-empting some trolling :D

I already paid $10 for astropop once, and im doomed to do so again.

Do you know how much poker is gonna cost? (There was a screengrap of it somewhere)

Jesiatha

Ghost said:
Do you know how much poker is gonna cost? (There was a screengrap of it somewhere)

Heh - the screen grab is from a MSN Messenger game called Seven Hand Poker. I don't know the full lineup of XBLA titles, but I would hope that poker is in there. Price probably would depend on how feature rich it is.

Jesiatha said:
Heh - the screen grab is from a MSN Messenger game called Seven Hand Poker. I don't know the full lineup of XBLA titles, but I would hope that poker is in there. Price probably would depend on how feature rich it is.

Are you guys going to have that online minesweeper game from MSN? That shit was fun.

Damn that's really, really expensive for games that either come with Windows for free, or are flash games I can play for nothing.

Ehhhh...blah.

Jesiatha

Pedigree Chum said:
Are you guys going to have that online minesweeper game from MSN? That shit was fun.

Minesweeper Flags? It's possible, but it isn't scheduled or anything.

What do you think of Solitaire Showdown?

Jesiatha

Christberg said:
Damn that's really, really expensive for games that either come with Windows for free, or are flash games I can play for nothing.

Ehhhh...blah.

For the millionth time (sorry, I feel like I answer this daily)....

Xbox Live Arcade has free trial versions of every game. You get the same experience that you get on the web for free (a couple levels, play for a certain amount of time, etc.). You can also pay for the full game. Now you get access to all the levels / modes / etc. Again, this is just like the web. The only difference is that most games on Xbox Live Arcade cost $10 instead of $20.

Ranger X

holy shit LOL

I thought those Live arcade games were now free with the new Xbox Live on 360 and part of the "free live environement". Live 2 is reaching new lows in my book today.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Xbox arcade is nice, but those are all old games that you can play on pretty much anything nowadays. I think the point is having some new, never before seen puzzle game that utilizes the system power in a meaningful way, something like Mercury does for PSP (but obviously much more ambitious as the hardware will allow it)

I doub't we'll see to many such games on any future console though, they are usually considered to be better suited for handhelds.

Top Bottom