• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I asked ChatGPT which console is better, XSX or PS5

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fun fact: Chatgpt is funded by Microsoft.

reptilian dollar bill GIF by G1ft3d

Corndog

Banned
Not wrong. You didn't both to read the article:

"Microsoft has finally commented on the rumblings about the $10 billion investment into the OpenAI, maker of ChatGPT, after rumors have been swirling for weeks about this colossal financial deal. "
They’ve been investing since 2019.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Not wrong. You didn't bother to read the article:

"Microsoft has finally commented on the rumblings about the $10 billion investment into the OpenAI, maker of ChatGPT, after rumors have been swirling for weeks about this colossal financial deal. "
How is investing in the company that makes it not investing in chatgpt? This is the third investment since 2019.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/tech/microsoft-invests-chatgpt-openai/index.html

Edit: your playing semantics.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Same distinction can be made between Sony investing in From Software and Sony funding the development of Bloodborne and Demon Souls. Saying MS funded ChatGPT isn't accurate.
Same distinction can be made between Sony investing in From Software and Sony funding the development of Bloodborne and Demon Souls. Saying MS funded ChatGPT isn't accurate.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/micr...d-have-the-competition-shaking-185621022.html

The move, which Microsoft and OpenAI announced on Monday, will allow Microsoft to deploy GPT-3, the service that the generative AI chatbot ChatGPT is based on, and other platforms across its various cloud-based services.

Edit: investing in the base product is an investment into the derivative product.

Last edited:

kikonawa

ChatGPT:

I bolded what was quite interesting to me:
1. the best graphics and performance, the Xbox Series X;
2. more immersive gaming experience, the PlayStation 5 is the better choice

The answers I get from this AI seem very reasonable.
I swear i have allready read all this on a web page quite a while ago. 🤓

Topher

Gold Member
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/micr...d-have-the-competition-shaking-185621022.html

The move, which Microsoft and OpenAI announced on Monday, will allow Microsoft to deploy GPT-3, the service that the generative AI chatbot ChatGPT is based on, and other platforms across its various cloud-based services.

Right.....that's what they just announced. Their partnership is expanding, but Microsoft invested in OpenAI, not ChatGPT specifically. Microsoft's return on investment is not tied to revenue generated from ChatGPT. Microsoft will receive 75% of OpenAI's profits until the investment is paid back. That includes profits from OpenAI's other projects such as DALL-E.

"Edit: investing in the base product is an investment into the derivative product."

Again, MS invested in the entire company and not any one product or its derivative. That's the only point I'm making here.

Last edited:

sinnergy

CHATGPT gave me this answer:

Both the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5 are powerful consoles with advanced hardware, making it difficult to say definitively which one is more technologically advanced.

In terms of gaming performance, the Xbox Series X has a slight edge over the PlayStation 5 due to its faster CPU and GPU. The Xbox Series X's GPU is based on the full feature set of AMD's RDNA 2 architecture, which enables it to deliver higher gaming performance and support for ray tracing, a feature that allows for more realistic lighting and shadows in games.

In terms of future-proofing, both consoles are designed to last several years and have the capability to play the latest games with high-quality graphics and performance. However, the Xbox Series X's support for ray tracing and its faster CPU and GPU may give it an edge in terms of being able to handle more demanding games in the future.

It's worth noting that both consoles have the similar features such as ray tracing, support for 4K resolution and the ability to play games in the highest fidelity the coming years. While the Xbox Series X has a slight edge in terms of performance and technology, ultimately the choice between the two consoles may come down to personal preference and which ecosystem of games and services you prefer.

Last edited:

sinnergy

It's just presenting you the data it crawled from Gamespot or IGN
You can point it to official AMD documentation, or from an engineering point of view , the better your input is formulated the better will be the output, it’s a pretty amazing tool.

Last edited:

Popup

The funny thing is, if you then type in 'I don't think that is quite right',. It apologises and and gives a different answer. I have found it to do this all the time. The answer I got with the same question was:-

'In terms of hardware specs, both the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5 are similarly powerful and technically advanced.

The Xbox Series X has a slightly faster CPU clock speed and a more powerful GPU, but the PlayStation 5 has faster storage with its custom SSD, and its use of hardware-accelerated ray tracing provides more immersive gaming experiences.

Ultimately, the technical superiority between the two consoles is difficult to determine as it depends on the specific game or application being run and individual preferences. Both consoles are capable of delivering high-quality gaming experiences, and the differences between the two are relatively minor.'

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
ChatGPT:

I bolded what was quite interesting to me:
1. the best graphics and performance, the Xbox Series X;
2. more immersive gaming experience, the PlayStation 5 is the better choice

The answers I get from this AI seem very reasonable.
I use ChatGPT to help me author PowerPoint decks for work. Saves me a ton of time and no one seems to notice.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: TLZ

Handel

The funny thing is, if you then type in 'I don't think that is quite right',. It apologises and and gives a different answer. I have found it to do this all the time. The answer I got with the same question was:-
Now the question is : is the AI a doormat or manipulating us by being so agreeable? The answer will tell us how close to SkyNet we are.

sono

Gold Member
It can't be bargained with, it cannot be reasoned with, it does not feel pity or remorse and absolutely will not stop until you bought xbox

JLB

Banned
Xbox secret weapon. They can have it make games for them.

I guess It could also help make non ridiculously big and awful console designs to other companies.

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

In reality, I can definitely see chatGPT being used in videogames in the not so far future. Like, generating very nice dialogues for NPCs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom