• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: "Xbox Game Pass Is Having its Best Stretch Ever"

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"The detractors of Xbox Game Pass are running out of goalposts to move."

Oh give me a fucking break with this line. What goalposts? At the time these comments were being made, there was absolutely a dearth of first party or strong content on XGP. That this is now going to be cleared up - largely driven through acquisitions - doesn't change history.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Oh give me a fucking break with this line. What goalposts? At the time these comments were being made, there was absolutely a dearth of first party or strong content on XGP. That this is now going to be cleared up - largely driven through acquisitions - doesn't change history.

Weird to start out his article with such a bitter warrior line. Game media is spending way too much time on twitter.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Hey look, after last Friday's Phil Spencer thread the bingo came up with your usual 'Game Pass is the GOAT'.

If you buy it Day 1 at full price that is. Which people almost never do. The game will be on sale in 8 weeks.

Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN
While you’re waiting, the rest of us are enjoying the day 1 releases on game pass.

Topher

Gold Member
Isn't it obvious, for the guy I replied to.
Considering the need to round up.

Not so obvious or I wouldn't have asked. If "not good enough" is about being a few ticks off in a metacritic score then I wish I hadn't.

Last edited:

Elitro

I subbed and am having a great time with HI-FI Rush. Looking forward for Wo Long, the rest is w/e.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
The big problem with game ratings is how the game reporting industry started out as a form of promotion for products rather than as a consumer advocate.

As such you get very weird reactions to a game getting a 7 that you genuinely wouldn't get if you gave the same rating to a movie or a book or a car.

As for Atomic Heart, my pet peeves from what I've seen of the game is the cringe as fuck vending machine character. That's genuinely what turned me off the game.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yeah no, one hit like hi fi rush doesnt make up for a full calendar year lacking any new triple a games from microsoft. Once they start putting out games like hi fi rush on a regular basis then we will talk. Whenever i bring up microsofts inability to release games the only response i get is “well the value of gamepass blah blah blah”

Hugare

Hifi Rush is great and I'm loving Atomic Heart, but

Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

This is still a far cry from the 360 days

Redfall looks mid, Starfield can be huge tho

While you’re waiting, the rest of us are enjoying the day 1 releases on game pass.
I buy plenty of games on Xbox. Just picked up hogwarts a few weeks ago, awesome game btw. I also love GP it's the best deal for 14.99/mo. It's already paid for itself this year and it's only Feb. People also forget or don't know that most new releases have a have a 10% discount if you have GP and you buy it. haters gonna hate..

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
It's been a good stretch but not nearly good enough if they're interested in growing their marketshare. They need tentpole AAA exclusives to bring in customers. Hi-Fi Rush is amazing but it's not going to register as far as hardware sales/subscription numbers go.

On a personal level I've been extremely happy with the service though. Best value in gaming.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Eish... if "hi-fi rush" and "atomic heart" is xboxs best stretch I'd be a little worried.

They are good games... but if this is them peaking... yeah I dunno

Eish... if "hi-fi rush" and "atomic heart" is xboxs best stretch I'd be a little worried.

They are good games... but if this is them peaking... yeah I dunno

Those are just the smaller games. We know theres much bigger games coming like avowed, starfield, hellblade 2, fable etc..

Hopefully we get 1 or 2 big games per year from Microsoft until the end of the gen now.

StueyDuck

Those are just the smaller games. We know theres much bigger games coming like avowed, starfield, hellblade 2, fable etc..

Hopefully we get 1 or 2 big games per year from Microsoft until the end of the gen now.
We haven't played any of those games.

Right now those are thee two games that ign is basing their hypothesis on.

I trust steam reviews more which are from people who actually paid for the game more than biased critics.Also, Metacritic user score is a joke as anyone can leave a review and it can easily be review bombed.
What are the critics biased for In this case?

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah no, one hit like hi fi rush doesnt make up for a full calendar year lacking any new triple a games from microsoft. Once they start putting out games like hi fi rush on a regular basis then we will talk. Whenever i bring up microsofts inability to release games the only response i get is “well the value of gamepass blah blah blah”

This thread is about Gamepass. A subscription service for games. In this context, It doesn’t matter if the games comes from Microsoft directly or from a third party, as long as there’s great content for subscribers.

Feel free to go whine about delays and first party stuff in another thread, but this is about a service that’s brought us Hi-Fi Rush last month, Atomic Heart last week and WoLong next week. That’s excellent value for my money.

Read the damn thread titles next time.

Last edited:

Helghan

I don't know how anyone could say game pass hasn't been strong every year. But hey, that's just me maybe.
I never buy games unless I really want to play something day 1. For example Hogwarts Legacy I bought, but otherwise there really is no need to buy new games. There is more than enough great games on Game Pass. At least for my taste, and my life. I can't play 20 hours a week anymore, so it's not like I'm able to play all the great, and good games and "finish" Game Pass.

DaGwaphics

I like the stream of games that usually I wouldn't rush out and buy myself, stuff like The Gunk and High On Life which I've enjoyed but would have passed me by without Gamepass.
It's an incredible service.

That's also my favorite thing about the subs, just trying new things and finding things that you otherwise wouldn't have jumped on. The general variety of the first-party output has been quite good to, they are really trying to do a little bit of everything.

Top Bottom