• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Great gallery of concept art from the game

http://levihopkinsart.com/open-1-3/

Edit: Beaten lol

Levi_Infamous_Concrete_Bridge_Destruction.jpg

Levi_Infamous_Concrete_Explore_Heat_1.jpg

Vire

I really wish I didn't see that glass concept art. Now I'm just incredibly disappointed it's not in the actual game.

DLC please!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I played this, first time, yesterday... Best image quality I've experienced in my entire life. Is that like AAx256?

Sai-kun

Banned
Executions with Wire and Glass powers would be so incredibly brutal. Like just imagine a ton of wires coming out of the ground to impale an enemy, or encasing an enemy in a sphere of wire and having it just crush them.

Oh man, shit's evil. I want it.

edit: And I'm picturing flight/hovering with Wire power like having tendrils that just pull you along the ground/up a wall or something, like the machines in The Matrix!

Ravage

Great find. Some of the art is wallpaper worthy but the most intriguing things were detailed designs for glass and wire powers. The glass traversal thing looks really cool - almost spiderman like. I hope they use these ideas in a sequel - take Delsin to Vegas and make him lose his existing powers and gain a new set.

Levi_Infamous_Glass_Powers_1.jpg

Levi_Infamous_Wire_Power_Sketches.jpg

WTF o.0
I hope SP are planning these powers for a 'Festival of Blood'-like expansion (or reused for the sequel at the very least). These concepts are way too cool to be discarded like that.

Loomba

I'm trying to complete the "Conduit+ Sensory Test" on the paper trail website but it doesn't seem to be working at enjoyyourpower.com/test. Is it always broken or is the website just down?

NJShadow

No executions!? And using
evil side video
? C'mon, Shadow!

Aha, great fight. Gosh, watching that makes me want to pop the game in now. I'm waiting till the update hits tomorrow, though!

Ha, yeah, I was actually trying each and every time to get an execution, but either the enemies either weren't weak enough (for some reason), or I just couldn't get them in "surrender status". It might have been due to the context of the scene, not really sure.

Edit: And oh yeah, it was also expert mode, not sure if that may have affected the enemies ease of surrender as well.

Andrew.

Banned
I played for like five hours last night and didn't even make it to Seattle. I just kept restarting the game to hear the soundtrack and see those facial expressions. Cot damn at that first confrontation scene between Del and Augustine.

I have a feeling Neon is going to blow my fucking mind.

Kade

Finished the game last night playing as good. Nothing in this game bothered me more than seeing "Civilian killed" in the top left corner. I've got two days off so I'm going to start again playing as evil so collateral damage won't be a big deal.

I had trouble getting into the first two Infamous games but I really loved this.

GravyButt

Must say, I beat it and loved it. Just restarted and now I seem to hate it. Not sure why either. Maybe I just wish the enemies were better or the stuff wasnt so repetitive. I got to admit my first playthrough was great though, it takes a good open world game for me to finish it!

GavinUK86

I doubt we will get the Paper power at the end of the Paper Trail mission. What are we going to do with it? Unless you're doing all of this before playing the main game. Is anyone actually doing that? I'm guessing any future powers will be paid DLC like Festival of Blood. On another note, anyone know a timeframe for the new patch?

Would have been MUCH happier with glass as a power than the third power.

The third power is just fucking weird. I don't like using it on a conceptual level. Actually on top of that I don't like that it lacks any real distinguishing features and
the wings and demon monsters are fucking stupid

Glass looks baws. Do people still say baws?

Footos22

Great find. Some of the art is wallpaper worthy but the most intriguing things were detailed designs for glass and wire powers. The glass traversal thing looks really cool - almost spiderman like. I hope they use these ideas in a sequel - take Delsin to Vegas and make him lose his existing powers and gain a new set.

Levi_Infamous_Glass_Powers_1.jpg

Levi_Infamous_Wire_Power_Sketches.jpg

Man that wire concept art is amazing.

GavinUK86

The third power is just fucking weird. I don't like using it on a conceptual level. Actually on top of that I don't like that it lacks any real distinguishing features and the wings and demon monsters are fucking stupid.

Yeah the third power is just flat out stupid. I think the third should've been the concrete power. A paper one should of been used as a purely navigational power as the wind can carry you around.

Vitor711

The third power is just fucking weird. I don't like using it on a conceptual level. Actually on top of that I don't like that it lacks any real distinguishing features and
the wings and demon monsters are fucking stupid

That's how I felt. It was a super weird tonal shift to go from X-men-esque grounded in reality fiction to borderline fantasy inspired designs. Was not a fan either of the third power, other than its use in traversal.

Glass and Wire look AMAZING though. Do want. Also funny to hear the in-game tapes discussing the DUP's selection of powers as it was clearly just voicing the art departments concerns. Neat Easter Egg sort of thing.

hydruxo

Are you sure it is glass ? It seems to me that it is the soldier's concrete power.

It's definitely glass. I mean, it's green. Concrete isn't green. Plus,
the DUP agents in the audio logs mention that they were working on glass and wire powers.

Keihart

I'm playing through Festival of Blood, and my GAWD it's fun. I didn't know that i would miss Cole this much, and the way he climbs, since he used to do parkour before getting powers, he has som really cool animations while climbing and landing. I'm really looking forward for a come back on DLC or sequel if it's possible , maybe even as a side mission or something.

Also, Cole has some abilities that i forgot, like for example, the (spider)sense thing, were he can sense the electricity on nearby elements, and shows you enemies as well. The blast , that you can use to push enemie. cant wait for the sequel to Second son.

Just opened the game, had it sitting idle for 3 weeks now.

I want to platinum this game, so any tips on where to start, which path and difficulty for my first playthrough?

Mengetsu

I want to platinum this game, so any tips on where to start, which path and difficulty for my first playthrough?

Play Normal first good and make sure you do all the sidequest and shards on your first run. Second run play expert on evil cause you can plow through the game easier with no worries of doing sidequest. It's really an easy Platinum.

Play Normal first good and make sure you do all the sidequest and shards on your first run. Second run play expert on evil cause you can plow through the game easier. It's really an easy Platinum.

Alright. So I have to get all the side quests and collect all shards on first play through. Will look it up online for more information on these two.

Question, are there any missable quests or shards? Like if you get past a certain area and you can't go back to pick them up?

Mengetsu

Harlock

There is a option to disable the sound and video effects when you get too much damage? This always ruins what would be much better video scenes to upload.

Finished the game last night. Pretty enjoyable game. Looks great ofcourse. After the final boss i tried to get parts of the city completely free but it just got too boring. I don't think it's a very memorable game.
City looked good. I agree it didn't feel really alive sometimes.

I liked the destruction. There should be more of that. But i have no idea where they could take another Infamous game from here.
Faces looked good in some parts and really unnatural in others. I loved the animations.

Will roam around some more after the update.

coldone

1) Good Karma: Easy mode
2) Evil Karma: Expert mode. Change the difficulty to expert before creating a new game on second play through

Tips:
- Dont hurry up and clear mobile DUP stations unless it is a must. Once you get neon powers, then go ahead and clear them as and when you have a Neon Karma bomb. It makes it super easy.
- Collect all the shards. Keep 20 extra shards before the final boss battle.
- Dont bother clearing the entire DUP with show down battle during the main mission. Once you complete the boss battle you can do show down missions with all your powers. It is lot more fun to have some thing to do.
- Stay on roof tops. Clear all the jammers to see where the shards are in the maps.

LakeEarth

2) Evil Karma: Expert mode. Change the difficulty to expert before creating a new game on second play through

What if you changed it to expert during the new game, the second the game let you pause and the ability to access the menu?

I guess the patch will let me know.

Top Bottom