• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm stuck on Part 3 of Paper Trails:

I'm on the defragging the HDD part and I'm stuck at 70%, I've solved (at least I think) this puzzle twice and it's not continuing onwards to the next. I thought finishing the puzzle was just connecting all the starting nodes together (that's how I beat the previous puzzles), but that doesn't seem to be working this time around.
http://i.imgur.com/oStmpRl.png

Anyone got any tips?
The game glitched out on me for that puzzle so I had to start it over. Did the exact same thing again and it worked. Unless I'm missing the same thing you are. Just try again!

zychi

Banned
Fuck the third boss fight. That was just a simple "fuck you" from the devs. I beat it, but it totally soured my enjoyment of this game

Silurus

Is anyone else annoyed by the structure of the Paper Trail missions/storyline?

Why the hell isn't this all in-game? First, it's just odd to stop your game and go to a website to finish a mission and then hop back into the game. Second, the website barely works. Third, and finally, the website parts are complete trash... either too obscure or monotonous.

I hope there's some way to just finish this storyline thread in-game once all parts are out. I stopped doing this stupid website crap.

I really like the Paper Trail structure. It offers something different and some of the puzzles are quite clever.

The game glitched out on me for that puzzle so I had to start it over. Did the exact same thing again and it worked. Unless I'm missing the same thing you are. Just try again!

Thanks, I just ended up finding the links to the next part of the mission and by viewing them it unlocked on my profile.

Famassu

Fuck the third boss fight. That was just a simple "fuck you" from the devs. I beat it, but it totally soured my enjoyment of this game
There's nothing wrong with the third boss fight... How bad do you have to be at playing this game for it to feel like a "fuck you" from the devs?

Amon-Lau

It isn't that difficult, use whatever missile powers you have currently while keeping behind cover as you move around.

Another nice tip is
When he splits to tiny angels after hitting him enough you can use your normal shots on them as they move away, lowering his health quite a bit before he reforms again

Dibbz

What a fantastic game. Loved it, can't wait for DLC of any kind.

Blq71wYIcAEKC7S.jpg:large

peull

DLC should be a mission editor like in 2 and festival of blood. had so much fun creating missions and playing user created ones!

Andrew.

Banned
When do the paper trail missions begin? I linked my account online, I took the tests but I don't see any icons on the city map. Granted, I haven't even gotten the neon power yet so is this something that just occurs over story progression?

just started this. it's ok so far. not sure how much i'm going to enjoy the combat. everything else is great. i'm trying to shutdown the third area's mobile unit and just getting hammered. between the concrete covered soldier and the turrets and i just can't clear that part.

the concrete covered soldiers seem overpowered to me. their machine guns at powerful at a distance, but if you get close the just ram into you and send you flying 50 feet. not sure what a good strategy is for them. turrets are kind of the same situation. i can't get close enough to disable them before getting killed by their constant stream of bullets. any suggestions?

Torraz

just started this. it's ok so far. not sure how much i'm going to enjoy the combat. everything else is great. i'm trying to shutdown the third area's mobile unit and just getting hammered. between the concrete covered soldier and the turrets and i just can't clear that part.

the concrete covered soldiers seem overpowered to me. their machine guns at powerful at a distance, but if you get close the just ram into you and send you flying 50 feet. not sure what a good strategy is for them. turrets are kind of the same situation. i can't get close enough to disable them before getting killed by their constant stream of bullets. any suggestions?

Not sure how far you are in the story, but the super moves, especially the second powers' make it very easy to take the command stations.

Evil gets more super power use (as it is easier to charge the meter), and good gets more, and easier, self heal.

Paganmoon

It's an easy plat to get and the game is easy to jump back into. Most people don't even beat games much less platinum it, so regardless that is quite the feat for Sucker Punch.

This has to be one of the most common platinums, right? 8.4% seems high.

1 million+ sold, 8.4% platinumed, almost 100k have plantinumed this game... that's insane.

Hell, some games don't even get 8.4% that finish the main story.

When do the paper trail missions begin? I linked my account online, I took the tests but I don't see any icons on the city map. Granted, I haven't even gotten the neon power yet so is this something that just occurs over story progression?
Pretty sure it's after getting neon.

Need help getting platinum!

So a week ago I beat the game on Good and got all of the possible trophies, including killing 10 sign spinners and musicians.

Then a few days later I checked my trophy list and noticed those 2 trophies (signs/musicians) were gone.

Now today I beat the game on expert and Bad, which should've netted me the platinum, but the sign/musician trophies were still gone.

So I ran around and killed 10 of each. No trophy for either.

Is this a known glitch? I really want that platinum :(

NeoROCK

I feel like the aiming sensitivity is off.

Either its too slow or too fast. Not sure why they wouldn't let you fine tune it like FPS games do. That should be standard by now.

Also feels like I'm watching way too much at the start of the game. Everything is so set-up and feels like I'm just going through the motions. Uncharted does it so seamlessly. It feels really contrived in InFamous...

only played for an hour or 2 so I'm hoping it gets better.

Olli128

Fnished second son last night, got to say I'm disappointed by it. Not even half the content of Infamous 2, story even feels rushed even though it's pretty much the only content apart from collectibles and 5 second "side missions". You never really get to know anything about the characters. Pretty graphics dont make a good game, hopefully the next infamous will have more time spent on it.

It's all about the hit and runs. Don't face machine guns head on or else you'll get melted. Duck in, fire off your cinder missiles, use circle to dodge and regenerate if you get hit, and drain more power if you need to. For turrets, you can always find a position to flank them. Either that or use rockets to simply blow them up.

Need help getting platinum!

So a week ago I beat the game on Good and got all of the possible trophies, including killing 10 sign spinners and musicians.

Then a few days later I checked my trophy list and noticed those 2 trophies (signs/musicians) were gone.

Now today I beat the game on expert and Bad, which should've netted me the platinum, but the sign/musician trophies were still gone.

So I ran around and killed 10 of each. No trophy for either.

Is this a known glitch? I really want that platinum :(

Did you sync your trophy list the first time?

KZObsessed

Finally started to put some time into this now I've finished Dark Souls 2. At first I wasn't really feeling it, it was a good game but it didn't really grab me and couldn't really be bothered to play it. After a while things just started getting better and better and when you get all the powers upgraded things become awesome.

Just had a boss fight with
augustine
and it was amazing, think I'm getting to the end now, but overall I've had a ton a fun with it. Just traversing the city is so enjoyable and I'll definitely be playing it again as an evil character. It does seem quite short though compared to the first two, understandable considering they had to get it out near launch but that's probably the main disappointment, overall though loving it.

Oh and it's hands down the best looking game I've ever seen. Techincally and artistically it's just brilliant. If this was the best an open world game could look on PS4 then I'd be entirely happy, but to think this is only a first gen title. Sucker Punch are mega talented and can't wait to see what they do next.

Darksol

Lol each boss in this game is easy as fuck..

I didn't find
Eugene
easy, especially not on expert. But it was manageable, and I like how the
fight was broken into segments

Of course, I made the game more difficult than needed. I played evil on easy first, then good on expert last.

LakeEarth

I didn't find
Eugene
easy, especially not on expert. But it was manageable, and I like how the
fight was broken into segments
And thank god for that. My controller died mid-fight, and before the patch the game didn't auto-pause when that happened, so I was scrambling for the wire. I was relieved to see I didn't lose that much progress.

That boss fight was hard for me, but that was mainly because I didn't have the right upgrades for it. Now that I'm doing my evil run, I know to upgrade
the R1 moves
. I have a feeling it's going to be way easier now.

This has to be one of the most common platinums, right? 8.4% seems high.

That is fairly high. Guacamelee's the only one I've seen higher at > 10%, but that's a testament to how fun the game is.

That is fairly high. Guacamelee's the only one I've seen higher at > 10%, but that's a testament to how fun the game is.

Really? That is a huge testament to the great game Drinkbox created. While it doesn't take long to get the platinum it has some really challenging platforming sections and boss fights (especially in hard).

Andrew.

Banned
I totally get the whole repetitive side mission complaints and in that it's very, very mch like the original Assassins Creed. The fact that they can be completed within a minute or so however is the super plus out of that negative aspect.

Just finished off Eugene and I've knocked out everything except for one shard that I cant reach somewhere around the news tower in the southern area (guessing it's story progression based) and clearing out all of the DUP's (which Im assuming is the same) and Im having an absolute blast. Cant wait to start my Evil Expert run.

Gurish

I've finished the main story line and it felt really really short, I'm not imagining right guys?

Is it the same length as previous games?

It felt like 5 to 6 hours for me.

1 million+ sold, 8.4% platinumed, almost 100k have plantinumed this game... that's insane.

Hell, some games don't even get 8.4% that finish the main story.

Tells you people just can't stop playing this game. I know I can't. Really looking forward to continued post launch support like DLC.

Tsundere

Banned
How easy is it to pull of that Hat Trick trophy? Any good specific spots for it?

Just get on top of a rooftop (most of them have all 3 power sources nearby) and attack a patrol or something, leave one enemy standing, and then shoot him once with each power and kill him.

benjammin

How easy is it to pull of that Hat Trick trophy? Any good specific spots for it?

Shoot one of the DUP trucks and then shot every soldier that comes out once. Switch powers and shoot them all again. Switch one more time and finish them off. Very easy and it can be done just about anywhere. If you shoot all of the troops then you don't have to worry about the last one attending and running away when you're trying to switch powers

To fans of the first 2 games, how does this one fare? I just beat Infamous 2 yesterday (yes I know, late as hell) and really really loved it. How are Delsin's powers compared to Cole? I know graphically the game is a huge step up, but I felt like Infamous 2 felt so perfect gameplay-wise and the variety of powers Cole had were really great. Curious to see if Infamous 2 fans prefer that or this one, before I take the plunge.

I've finished the main story line and it felt really really short, I'm not imagining right guys?

Is it the same length as previous games?

It felt like 5 to 6 hours for me.

Only if you sped from one story point to another and skipped nearly all side missions and blast shards and DUP controlled areas on the way.

To fans of the first 2 games, how does this one fare? I just beat Infamous 2 yesterday (yes I know, late as hell) and really really loved it. How are Delsin's powers compared to Cole? I know graphically the game is a huge step up, but I felt like Infamous 2 felt so perfect gameplay-wise and the variety of powers Cole had were really great. Curious to see if Infamous 2 fans prefer that or this one, before I take the plunge.

The powers are more varied than Infamous 2. If you really enjoyed Infamous 2 you'll like Second Son, even though it is quite similar gameplay wise. I prefer SS, the characters are a lot more interesting, and of course it looks amazing.

Got the plat last night! I loved that even Delsin commented on it lol

Endo Punk

Can't wait to finish paper trailer so I can start my next play-through on expert. I was actually getting a little bored since I finished all side missions on evil but with the update and the photo mode that's a game on to itself and really fun getting the pictures how you want them to be, turned the game into inFAMOUS Snap. lol.

Did you sync your trophy list the first time?
Yeah. I dunno what happened, because I just started the game up again, killed one of each, and got both trophies (and a platinum).

I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with Photo Mode, because I forgot to turn it on when the trophies started working again.

LogicStep

I finished on normal as a good guy and did all the side stuff except paper trial. On my way through expert as evil. I feel like I might miss something for plat..

Top Bottom