• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Rodhull

Yeah tried to play Part 6 and the game seems to have deleted all my progress for Part 5. I found it really tedious so gonna wait and see what the reward is from others before deciding whether it's worth playing through again. Pretty annoying.

dcx4610

Anyone else love the Evil Karma ending? This is the first inFamous game I've played and finished with both karmas and enjoyed just how differently each played out.

The acting and look on Delsin's face when Betty turns him away and then seeing the rage build up and the camera cut away before he comes crashing down was awesome. I still thought Delsin came across better as a good guy but there were definitely some great douchey moments with him playing evil.

Abriael

Banned
Yeah tried to play Part 6 and the game seems to have deleted all my progress for Part 5. I found it really tedious so gonna wait and see what the reward is from others before deciding whether it's worth playing through again. Pretty annoying.

Looks like getting to the waypoint in the game restores it.

It scared me too.

shakey

Neo Member
Anyone else noticing major pop in with the new patch? Maybe I didn't notice it before... but now I can't not see it. When running with neon, things don't seem to load as quickly, resulting in extreme pop ins.

stephen08

Did anyone manage to
crack the second code in Part 6? The one with the arrows all over the dove

I believe its different for everyone but
once you get the 5 photos each will have an area shaded in. You go from top to bottom entering in the numbers as indicated per section. Some people on gamefaqs were having difficulty with this though so there might be an issue on the website's end.

Abriael

Banned
Just finished it and...

if the ginormous hints to a sequel/follow-up DLC at the end were supposed to be subtle... well... they aren't

hbkdx12

Anyone else love the Evil Karma ending? This is the first inFamous game I've played and finished with both karmas and enjoyed just how differently each played out.

The acting and look on Delsin's face when Betty turns him away and then seeing the rage build up and the camera cut away before he comes crashing down was awesome. I still thought Delsin came across better as a good guy but there were definitely some great douchey moments with him playing evil.

It seemed really forced to the point that it just made him look really bratty.

"What?! You don't like me no more?? Fine..I'll just blow up the whole village!"

Sidenote: Does anyone think reviews would've (should've?) been higher (not that they were bad to begin with) if the photo mode was there from day 1?

Rodhull

Looks like getting to the waypoint in the game restores it.

It scared me too.

Not for me at least. I went to the waypoint and did the first chasing Celia mission and didn't realise that it was making me re-do the one at the start of part 5. Now both in game and on the paper trail site it has me locked in as just starting part 5.

Paper Trail is done now... Looking forward to any DLC they announce.

BmIZF3uCcAICQyd.jpg:large

Melchiah

Just finished it and...

if the ginormous hints to a sequel/follow-up DLC at the end were supposed to be subtle... well... they aren't

Which ending do you mean?

It seemed really forced to the point that it just made him look really bratty.

"What?! You don't like me no more?? Fine..I'll just blow up the whole village!"

Sidenote: Does anyone think reviews would've (should've?) been higher (not that they were bad to begin with) if the photo mode was there from day 1?

I suggest you spoiler tag that part.

thenexus6

I need to start playing this again got about one hour into the second island / area and my interest dropped just doing same thing over and over. Maybe i'll try and get some time on it today

Hoodbury

Got my platinum last night. Delsin didn't do anything special for me though like some of you described. Didn't some of you say he says something like "well we did everything now" or something like that? I got nothing.

Anyone noticed that when playing vita Remoteplay, the turn sensitivity eventually looses the threshold where turn acceleration kicks in?
As in, you'll hold all the way left and right and the camera won't go to a full spin anymore. I've noticed this EVERY time after about a few minutes of play and occurred after the big patch

Finally got my (first) platinum. The only one I had left to do was beat the game on expert. I actually ended up having more fun playing evil for the second time on expert than I did on my good playthrough. And way too much time was wasted with photo mode this time around.

Now to finally start those paper trail missions..

5amshift

Banned
Sucker Punch dropped the ball on not having Delsin get paper powers. What a load of shit.
The Rabbit mask is the only decent thing to come out of this.

Sorian

Banned
Let's all complain about how half-assed (final power in game)
concrete
powers were and then complain that they didn't add paper in with some free dlc.

Majmun

Third power bossfight - rage quit

Who thought this bossfight was a good idea? One of the worst I've ever played. Not touching this game again.

Sorian

Banned

Who thought this bossfight was a good idea? One of the worst I've ever played. Not touching this game again.

Please stop being bad at the game before complaining. I'm forced to assume you don't know how to damage the boss?

Majmun

Of course I know how to damage it. The whole fight is too long and tedious. The environment looks great but it's not functional and causes a lot of frustration.

I really hate this part. Ruined the game for me.

HardRojo

Ok I'll give you some basic tips to beating this boss.

Use R1 attacks whenever you can, they stun He Who Dwells.
When he becomes many angels and demons try to shoot them, that damages He Who Dwells.
Lava doesn't do much damage so don't worry about being killed by it, just take notice of the sinking platforms and jump to the next set of rising ones.
If he has those angels protecting him just shoot them down and proceed as before, R1 attacks are really effective so use them and absorb power from the crystal/smoke hole thingy whenever you can.
Take cover behind the pillars and only worry about the missiles he shoots, the laser is not a problem really, you just have to run away for a bit and then unleash your R1 missiles.

I might be missing something but just follow these easy steps and you'll be done in no time.

Sorian

Banned
Of course I know how to damage it. The whole fight is too long and tedious. The environment looks great but it's not functional and causes a lot of frustration.

Do you? Because a lot of people didn't.

When he breaks into the little angels, are you shooting them out of the air?

Can't say I ever felt this way except for the final boss on expert.

Have you tried hanging over the side of one of the platforms and shooting it? It couldn't hit me while I did this.

KZObsessed

I have gone platinum! :D

Great game, I even enjoyed it more the second time through. Just got paper trails to finish and then I hope we'll get more DLC. Now what do I play next...

This game is giving me an Assassin's Creed vibe with the repetitive side missions. So far it is very pretty, and the gameplay is solid enough... I just wish things were mixed up a bit more.

Melchiah

I hated it as well on my first time on normal, but on the second time on expert I found it easier, mostly because I knew the mechanics and used smoke instead of neon.
It fires missiles more quickly, and traversal across the lava worked better with it. I always stayed on the largest tower whey they were up, and just used smoke dash to avoid his firing.

Can't say I ever felt this way except for the final boss on expert.

Have you tried hanging over the side of one of the platforms and shooting it? It couldn't hit me while I did this.

I think that was surprisingly easy on expert.

That tactic didn't work for me.
The missiles knocked me off into the lava.

NHale

This game is giving me an Assassin's Creed vibe with the repetitive side missions. So far it is very pretty, and the gameplay is solid enough... I just wish things were mixed up a bit more.

This game have side missions? I refuse to call stuff you do in less than 30 seconds a side mission.

Just finished the game. It was fairly enjoyable. I don't usually 100% open world games but this one was pretty easy to do so. I had pretty much completed all of the side missions and found all the shards before even starting the final mission string. I really feel the mechanics were improved over I1 and I2 which made the game more enjoyable for me just to cruise around the world. Wish there was a secondary quest line (like the orbs in Crackdown) to take advantage of that, or hell at least make some of the shards harder to get to.

My only major gripes are that the inclose and melee combat was not fun at all. Too much going on and the camera was too close in. Also for being a superhero Delsin was weak as fuck. He could only take like 2 or 3 hits before going out. That as well just made it seem like the game was pushing you towards ranged combat, which would be nice if the boss battles didn't take place in closed environments.

The ranged combat was fun though so for the most part it wasn't an issue.

Also did it feel to anyone else like the powers peaked at Neon? I kept going back to that power. Best ranged attacks and also easiest to get around the city with.

Also did it feel to anyone else like the powers peaked at Neon? I kept going back to that power. Best ranged attacks and also easiest to get around the city with.
Depends on whether you played good or evil, I'd say. Neon isn't nearly as useful (or fun to use) as the third power during an Infamous run.

Depends on whether you played good or evil, I'd say. Neon isn't nearly as useful (or fun to use) as the third power during an Infamous run.

Yeah I played good. That is interesting to hear, I hadn't even thought of that. Gives me more of a reason to go through a 2nd playthrough.

HardRojo

Yeah I'd say Neon is the best power for a Good playthrough, I'm still on the fence when it comes to Evil... I'm sticking to the third power for now.

coldone

Hanging from side will make the fight super easy. You are invincible, while hanging. Stick with neon as it is easy to slide up the sides of the floating platforms.

Fall off from the platform, use neon slide up and hang from the edge. You will not take any damage, few head shots and you will be moving to the next round.

Just got my Platinum today and the game is amazing. Guess I can can play around with screenshots until MLB 14 comes out.

I never played the previous 2 games what's DLC priced at and was it worth it ?

Arrrammis

Just got my Platinum today and the game is amazing. Guess I can can play around with screenshots until MLB 14 comes out.

I never played the previous 2 games what's DLC priced at and was it worth it ?

There wasn't really much DLC to speak of, Infamous 1 had another free power that you could download, and Infamous 2 had cosmetic stuff(weapons, costumes for $.99 each or in a pack), powers(no game-changers, $.99 each or pack)and a pack of Sucker Punch created UGC (User Generated Content, $3.99 for 5 missions) missions that didn't really seem worth it.
Looking at the paper trail stuff, I'd pay for another DLC like that (minus the quick switches from console to computer- I ended up doing the paper trail stuff with my laptop open beside me.)

lt519

Finished up platinum this weekend. Beautiful game and a joy to control but repetitive environments and enemies hold it back from being top tier. Needed more time to add more content and enemies. I mean I rushed my expert play through and made it within 5 hours skipping basically everything and barely having any power upgrades but energy and missiles. Normal 100% play through was about 10 hours, just not enough. Still my goty thus far though, photo mode is a game within itself.

ced

Ugh why doesn't the setting for locked 30 FPS stick after restarting the game.

So I just got a bit past the 3rd power and my opinion of this game has only been more disappointing. There is zero variety in anything, the world, the enemies and the powers. I mean even the missions don't hardly do anything different.

I guess SP just put all resources into the engine, it's pretty damn impressive.

LakeEarth

Platinum'd! I had blast the whole way through, but I've always loved the Infamous franchise. I didn't mind the reptitiveness of most mission types, though "find the secret agent" and spraypainting were way overdone.

Spraypainting especially, I don't know why they thought we'd find it so much fun that we'd be willing to do it 50 times (though, since I got the platinum, I DID do it 50 times).

Top Bottom