• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

benjammin

I finished on normal as a good guy and did all the side stuff except paper trial. On my way through expert as evil. I feel like I might miss something for plat..

I haven't finished my evil playthrough to get the platinum, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to miss something. Everyone can be done after you finish the story, so you shouldn't have any problem finishing up the last few trophies that you have.

I finished on normal as a good guy and did all the side stuff except paper trial. On my way through expert as evil. I feel like I might miss something for plat..

You can't miss anything if you do straight good and evil runs. The last two trophies I had were Cough Drop and the one where you have to kill an enemy with 3 powers, and the game still supplies you with enemies after the main story.

Bollocks

Just finished it.
Hate to say it but it was a letdown, even go so far as to say it's the worst game out of the 3.

Spoilers ahead:
Seattle is just plain boring, there's nothing unique about it, your cookie cutter american city.
New Orleans in inFamous 2 was WAY better, unique city, unique charm, unique setting.
Your electricity powers combined with the flooded city parts was a nice gameplay additon. In Seattle there's none of that.

It lacks variety, you basically have 2 city parts, they don't differ too much. The only exception is that the city part that gets unlocked during the game has higher buildings.

With inFamous 2 you got much better pacing and variety(city, swamps, oldtown).
Not to mention enemy types, you basically fight the same people all the time.
Again inFamous 2 did a much better job, you fight those huge enemies(alongside regulars) and it was just much more epic.

Also the sidekicks were kind of useless, they only really come in handy during the last mission.
inFamous 2 let you do missions with Kuo and Nix way more frequently and the moral system was better implemented because of that.

The game also felt kind of short, I thought really, this is it? Yes it is. inFamous 2 had way, way more content. Even without the mission editor!

Of course, graphics are great but coming from inFamous 2 it's a clear step down. Being a launch title I don't think they could have delivered that anyway, so I'll give them that.

Theecliff

Banned
I didn't find
Eugene
easy, especially not on expert. But it was manageable, and I like how the
fight was broken into segments

Of course, I made the game more difficult than needed. I played evil on easy first, then good on expert last.
I thought
Eugene
was probably the easiest boss on my expert playthrough, you just had to keep moving from platform to platform and firing as you did. The
lava
didn't kill you instantly either, so it was quite easy to make it to another platform if you fell in.

It was probably the most stunning looking boss fight in the game too.

DrunkDan

A nice touch I noticed when I got the plat yesterday was that when you get the last trophy Delsin says something along the lines of "we've been through a lot you and me, but now we're finally done".

Anyone else notice that? Apologies if it's already been posted.

Almost done on my second play through on normal, but in order to get the hard trophy would I have to play the entire game again on hard, or is there some other way to obtain the trophy on my current play through?

ButchCat

What a waste of £36. One of my biggest regrets this gen probably after KZ:SF. Can't believe I fell for the bait. Combat is just no fun and while Delsin might be a half decent character some of the questionable things that he does on the way makes me go "yep. videogames". Really should've waited until it was £10 in the market. Traversal is okay though.

sun-drop

I don't think ive ever played a game where I beat it, and the still find myself thinking about playing it all day long at work on my second run through. Fucking amazing.

I just find the traversal so good, I think maybe smoke... I mean Yeh its maybe the weakest in tersm of traversal, but maybe the most satisfying? Just hoppibg from roof top to roof top, boosting accross vents...its like catching updrafts like a glider does.

So enjoyable... Thats the meat of the game as far as im concerned. They sprinkle around the city enough bad dudes to engage, and structures tobtake down. And Yeh hella fun.

What odds we get multiplayer mode in a Dlc eventually... They have to be working on it surely.... Even 4 v 4 per island would be good enough for me.

Today the day! I will finally open my day 1 purchase tonight when I finally get my PS4 after the ungodly 3 month wait. This is gonna be amazing!!

Qasiel

Of course, I made the game more difficult than needed. I played evil on easy first, then good on expert last.

I've always found good on expert to be a lot easier than evil on expert in all inFamous games, due to the fact that you get so many defensive/life-giving powers. I honestly think I died more times on normal as opposed to expert purely because every time I smoked into a vent it restored life for example.

Each to their own, though.

Endo Punk

Man, i don't want it to finish. The story has turned interesting and i love the puzzles/solving stuff. I hope Sucker Punch keep doing more of this after Paper Trailer, it really helps to expand the game and the lore of the game.

As long as they keep everything ingame next time.

void666

Banned
So i beat the game twice. Both good and bad karma paths.

Game is beautiful. I was really surprised by how well the game looks. Light effects, textures, characters, everything. Amazing.

BUT, for me it's the weakest of the 3 infamous games.

There's a serious lack of content.
The two parts of seattle are very samey. Powers are nice and all but end up being quite similar. And why the hell can we only absorb concrete from enemies? There's concrete everywhere!
Enemies are boring and repetitive. Infamous 2 had humans, monsters, big ice enemies and huge monsters.

There wasn't a single memorable mission. But, well, previous games weren't exaclty good on that either.

When the credits started rolling i thought "that's it?"

BadAss2961

So i beat the game twice. Both good and bad karma paths.

Game is beautiful. I was really surprised by how well the game looks. Light effects, textures, characters, everything. Amazing.

BUT, for me it's the weakest of the 3 infamous games.

There's a serious lack of content.
The two parts of seattle are very samey. Powers are nice and all but end up being quite similar. And why the hell can we only absorb concrete from enemies? There's concrete everywhere!
Enemies are boring and repetitive. Infamous 2 had humans, monsters, big ice enemies and huge monsters.

There wasn't a single memorable mission. But, well, previous games weren't exaclty good on that either.

When the credits started rolling i thought "that's it?"
I have to agree. The game is still very good, but the content isn't up to par with the first two games. I also got the samey feel of their Seattle -- there was nothing like the sewer sections of inFamous 1, or Flood Town from inFamous 2 that really mixed things up. The rural area from the beginning should've been bigger and had its own chunk of missions.

Launch window syndrome I guess. Next one should be a real beast.

Andrew.

Banned
The soundtrack is a thing of beauty.

I cant enough of Brain's "Double Crossed"

Does it play anywhere specifically in the game or is it just some random burst that occurs during a fight with DUPs?

Also, havent heard "Speed of Light" yet and I've just picked up (close to end spoiler)
video

shakey

Neo Member
https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/458665242525192192

No Paper Power! :(

We get a mask and some more jackets....

SP, give us more content to do inside the game! Reset DUP Command Post, Survival/Horde Modes... Something new.

Photo-mode and the other changes were nice, but this game is severely short and lacking in content. I still run around just for the hell of it, but I'd really love for there to be something else to do in the game after you 100% it.

Moaradin

Finally beat it. 100% the good karma side. I'm already planning my second playthrough on evil karma.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the last power.
I didn't expect concrete to be playable at all. Video looked like the last playable power, so I just assumed I'd get concrete last minute for story purposes only.

Really good game. I'm glad this was the first PS4 game I bought. I never played the original infamous games, so I wasn't sure how much I'd like this one.

qream

What a waste of £36. One of my biggest regrets this gen probably after KZ:SF. Can't believe I fell for the bait. Combat is just no fun and while Delsin might be a half decent character some of the questionable things that he does on the way makes me go "yep. videogames". Really should've waited until it was £10 in the market. Traversal is okay though.

Are you trolling?

amar212

Does anyone here agrees with me how the first-person mode for I:SS in the wains of Mirror's Edge would be a decent gameplay addition to a game?

It crossed my mind while playing with the photomode and I think about it ever since. After I finished both stories (good and bad) and learned both fighting, navigating the city and all major strategies for the combat, I think how FPS perspective would provide a complete new experience of the game.

What do you think?

ced

This is my first Infamous, and I can't say I like it.

The good I guess is the IQ and lighting, but the overall visual presentation just isn't very impressive. Animation is weird, the world is incredibly mundane looking.

The combat against the DUP is so boring and frustrating, exploring the world is pointless, the "side-quest" activities are also boring.

Anyways, this is a huge disappointment for me, I was expecting something excellent.

Cmagus

Almost done so far so good. I find the powers pretty good although I almost never use neon I'm not a fan of it. I really wish that paper was a power it looks so cool. I also found a spot where you can jump in and out of the map there is no collision.

Am I the only one who thinks the scale in Infamous is really strange?
I don't mean that the map is to small, I just think that streets and buildings look stangely small.
It gives me a small-town flair. Does Seattle really look like that?
13984694372_5bb7167ebb_o.jpg
Stole the screen from the Photo Mode OT by dr guildo

Compared to GTA V or Watchdogs this looks really strange.
Its something I constantly notice when playing Second Son. Everything in the city is sized weird.

I think they maybe tweaked it a bit to make it more fitting for traversal with the powers.

I love this game. I got the first part of the city all down to 0% for every area before even moving along with the quest-line to the next part. Actually turned back after the story mission pushed me 'forward'.

City could be bigger, but I still have a blast in it. The visuals are fantastic. I really can't get over how good this game looks.

I really have no complaints outside of wishing I had more powers. The story is interesting, the main character I actually like, and the enemies are really cool. It may be because I loved the 4400 so the setting just sits with me well (really reminds me of 4400, the series and the books after).

I think controls are fine, I do find myself overshooting stuff but that's on me, I just generally suck at games these days. I am REALLY surprised by how much I like this game. First game in a long time where I'm jonesing to get home to play it.

I loved inFAMOUS 1 and didn't really get more than a couple hours in 2 because it felt too "same-y". And while this does also, I think it's been long enough and the character/setting is enough to make it feel fresh.

Did I mention how gorgeous it is? This is my "wow" game for the generation. It was KZ and only a lowercase "wow" ... this game actually makes me go "WOW".

Andrew.

Banned
Started my Evil Expert run last night and yeah of course Im used to the mechanics, enemy aggression and maneuvers etc from my initial playthrough, but man it just seems so damn easy

DUPs surrender much more quickly for whatever reason. Maybe it's because they recognize me as a growing badass?

Also ordered a hard copy of the soundtrack cause that shit deserves to be blasted out of my rap car.

Also, Sucker Punch: Any chance you can patch in a cutscene viewer?

Hoodbury

Started my Evil Expert run last night and yeah of course Im used to the mechanics, enemy aggression and maneuvers etc from my initial playthrough, but man it just seems so damn easy

DUPs surrender much more quickly for whatever reason. Maybe it's because they recognize me as a growing badass?

Weird, I was just about to post this almost exactly. I'm having an entirely easier time on expert than I did on normal. Not sure if it's my own personal skill has gotten that much better or if Evil is just easier than Good.

Andrew.

Banned
Weird, I was just about to post this almost exactly. I'm having an entirely easier time on expert than I did on normal. Not sure if it's my own personal skill has gotten that much better or if Evil is just easier than Good.

Cool, so Im not going crazy. I took out about a half dozen DUPs last night and then another APC pulled up. Three DUPs hopped out and surrendered immediately. That sorta thing never happened when I was playing as a good guy. Thought to myself "Man, they must know Im gonna fuck their shit up if they mess with me"

Pretty damn cool I must say.

Cool, so Im not going crazy. I took out about a half dozen DUPs last night and then another APC pulled up. Three DUPs hopped out and surrendered immediately. That sorta thing never happened when I was playing as a good guy. Thought to myself "Man, they must know Im gonna fuck their shit up if they mess with me"

Pretty damn cool I must say.

I actually had this happen a few times on a good playthrough. Like you said, it happened right after a brawl each time. I guess they saw it

Bishop89

just got the platinum.
Like the little touch
when you get it, delsin says you've done just about everything there is to do, or something like that

Hoodbury

Comet dropped off of what seems to be all of the tallest buildings in each section and still can't get the 170m trophy for it. Any tips?

LakeEarth

Comet dropped off of what seems to be all of the tallest buildings in each section and still can't get the 170m trophy for it. Any tips?

Jump off the tallest part of the channel 6 building. You'll probably have video, so use circle to get some distance from the building. Have the upgrade where you're hovering lifts you up a little bit (probably not necessary) and then comet drop. Make sure you don't accidentally hit another building or something.

dcx4610

You'll need the double dash video power for best results.

Go to the last building in the game where you fought Augustine. Climb your way back up to the building. Get the video power on the last floor and then go to the roof. Dash at the satellite which sends you high into the air, double dash forward and then comet drop all of the way to the ground.

Hoodbury

Jump off the tallest part of the channel 6 building. You'll probably have video, so use circle to get some distance from the building. Have the upgrade where you're hovering lifts you up a little bit (probably not necessary) and then comet drop. Make sure you don't accidentally hit another building or something.

You'll need the double dash video power for best results.

Go to the last building in the game where you fought Augustine. Climb your way back up to the building. Get the video power on the last floor and then go to the roof. Dash at the satellite which sends you high into the air, double dash forward and then comet drop all of the way to the ground.
hmm, I thought I tried climbing up that building one time after I beat the game but the zappers were turned on. Guessing you have to use smoke and go up the long way like you did during the mission?

Top Bottom