• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo rushed by time... or simply clueless about their own IPs ?

They just abandoned ambition for a failed console and made a bunch of spinoffs. That's it.
Your point is also partially valid, sometimes it feels like they rely on an IP without knowing what makes it great.

Astral Dog

They are at the end of the lifespan, what we see are rushed spin offs or games to fill the gaps, obviously they lack the care put into a typical Nintendo game,

Of course there are exceptions like #FE, Kirby Robobot , Pokemon SUN and Moon and maybe Color Splash (the game probably will end up better than most are expecting) but Nintendo is full on the NX at the moment.

there is only one month left for the NX reveal, then we can judge with more information.

Neoxon

Sounds more like you started playing Nintendo games this generation. 5 years from now, not a single WiiU game will be mentioned alongside classics like Super Metroid, Mario 64, Galaxy, Prime trilogy, Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX, Xenoblade, the first 3D Zeldas, Yoshi's Island, etc. - at least not within a general consensus.
Count on it. The WiiU library has Nintendo's smallest ambition, smallest variety and some of their worst received iterations by critics.
I'm starting to get the distinct feeling that you don't like the Smash series.

And again, there's still Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 (a game you mentioned earlier), The Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE (an underrated gem), Super Mario 3D World, & Super Mario Maker (among others). And while it's also coming to the NX, Breath of the Wild is shaping up to be something amazing.

aBarreras

They just abandoned ambition for a failed console and made a bunch of spinoffs. That's it.
Your point is also partially valid, sometimes it feels like they rely on an IP without knowing what makes it great.

i dont think "abandoned" is the word, since there is no point on expending millions of dollars on games that simply wont recover the money invested

KingBroly

Banned
Considering how much mediocrity they've produced this generation, I also have a harder time each day thinking it's solely ,,secret NX games!!"-related. This whole generation they haven't released a single game that's going to be an alltime classic. Maybe Bayonetta 2, but their 1st party certainly hasn't made anything that's going to have the same reputation as an Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy. The best Nintendo games on WiiU are only good because they're utterly safe rehashes of what has worked last generation, like the Donkey Kong Country reboot. The latest Mario Kart and Smash Bros. will be forgotten once the next innovation-less iterations come out.

When I played Bloodborne, I was reminded of my first time playing Metroid Prime and I thought how impossible it seems nowadays that Nintendo could pull off such an expertly crafted and grand Action Adventure/RPG. Zelda U is the absolute last string of hope after their franchises have seen their worst iterations on WiiU or simply died. Also, at some point you wonder whether some of their teams can even pull off great 3D games anymore. How many more 2D platformers can they phone in? These titles are even more offensive, considering that indies show how many different great things you can still do in 2D. From Mark of the Ninja, to Lone Survivor, Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge. Yet what feels like half of Nintendo's output is just one tired 2D mascot platformer after another, rehashing decade old formulas over and over.

I wish they'd get their act together for NX, but right now they might as well have gone creatively bankrupt. And when they try a different franchise for once, you get crap like Starfox Zero.

The majority of their stuff they've put out for the last...year or so, probably after Splatoon have all been outsourced to some degree. I don't even think Nintendo thought Splatoon would blow up the way it did. They've been spin-offs, rushed projects and to varying degrees those projects were mismanage and probably thought to be bigger than they thought they'd be.

I'd like to say Federation Force was their biggest misstep, but TWO Animal Crossing spin-offs in short succession designed to sell amiibo was their biggest. So much so that they're patching amiibo support into their 4 year old New Leaf game to move those amiibo.

So yes, their BIG, important teams are absolutely working on NX.

Neoxon

They are at the end of the lifespan, what we see are rushed spin offs or games to fill the gaps, obviously they lack the care put into a typical Nintendo game,

Of course there are exceptions like #FE, Kirby Robobot , Pokemon SUN and Moon and maybe Color Splash (the game probably will end up better than most are expecting) but Nintendo is full on the NX at the moment.

there is only one month left for the NX reveal, then we can judge with more information.
Wasn't Kirby: Planet Robobot based on the Triple Deluxe engine?

I'll give you the other 3 mentioned games, though.

They do this every end of their generation. Just look at ngc, wii and now wiiu. Their output sucks in the last year minus one title; just like in gamecube times it is waiting for Zelda.

AntMurda

It sounds like Nintendo isn't for you. Wii U has had some of the best Nintendo games ever made.

Mario Kart 8 was fantastic. But for the most part you have a few good first-party games that failed to create the buzz of certain key N64 and Wii titles that were critical and sales benchmarks.

Dr.Hadji

You forgot Super Mario Maker.

And Super Mario 3d World. I know the "not a real 3d Mario" campaigners are common but so are its defenders. Anything that riles up a community that much isn't something that gets forgotten because a shiny no console comes out.

Jubenhimer

I believe Nintendo made a comment recently about wanting to target 2 million or so sales with most of their titles. Could be that they will do a fewer amount of stronger titles going forward so maybe this move will up the quality / lower quantity a bit.
Not really. They were saying that Breath of the Wild would need to sell 2 million copies to be profitable.

Anyway OT. I think Nintendo is just trying to pad out the 3DS and to a lesser extent, the Wii U as much as possible. The 3DS is aging and the Wii U might as well not even exist at this point. It's easy to write games like Amiibo Festival or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash off as cheap cash-grabs, but I'm not sure they're even that. I feel they were just made to pad out a baren holiday release calendar, because most of their in-house teams are working on NX projects.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sounds more like you started playing Nintendo games this generation. 5 years from now, not a single WiiU game will be mentioned alongside classics like Super Metroid, Mario 64, Galaxy, Prime trilogy, Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX, Xenoblade, the first 3D Zeldas, Yoshi's Island, etc. - at least not within a general consensus.
Count on it. The WiiU library has Nintendo's smallest ambition, smallest variety and some of their worst received iterations by critics. I'm not holding my hopes for betterment on NX solely because of a combined library anymore, considering the chance that they simply continue to make tired ass 2D platformers, or straight up crap like Starfox Zero.

I think you're being a bit unreasonable here. Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 will no doubt be remembered. The greatest Mario Kart ever as well. Nintendo definitely pumped out some strong games for Wii U, despite the poor finish.

To be fair the Wii U was clearly rushed out the door.

It wasn't though. They thought they were properly capitalizing on Wii. Obviously they had no idea why Wii succeeded, and obviously there was something off about how they internally decided they could capitalize on it, but 6 years is not what I call rushed from a console generation perspective.

Jubenhimer

It wasn't though. They thought they were properly capitalizing on Wii. Obviously they had no idea why Wii succeeded, and obviously there was something off about how they internally decided they could capitalize on it, but 6 years is not what I call rushed from a console generation perspective.
To be fair, you can say it was rushed. It launch with slow and laggy software, missing features, and not a single must-have game. But the real problem as you mentioned, was Nintendo trying to cash-in on the Wii, without understanding what made the Wii a success. As Bennet The Sage once said "You are reconstructing, the deconstruction! WITH ELMER'S GLUE!!!"

fernoca

They aready said that they were going to fill gaps with games (spinoffs, etc) made in shorter amount of time. Is not surprising.

Some despite said lukewarm reception and lowered expectations still managed to sell over a million copies (Happy Home Designer, Triforce Heroes, Mario Party).

So it seems that they're more than aware of things, but because they were dividing resources across two platforms sometimes the quality was affected. Hopefully their idea of NX to reduce that, will result in better quality along the higher output.

bachikarn

I think there is sufficient evidence that points to Nintendo not always understanding why their products are successful. They are artists. They do what they feel is best and hope the audience likes it.

Western companies on the other have really embraced analytics and data science to figure out what consumers want, and optimize their games to that (for better or for worse). Nintendo needs to improve on that in general. It really feels sometimes they are clueless on what the Western market wants, despite them knowing it is very important to them. Zelda BOTW is a definitely a major step in the right direction.

random25

I really don't see where the clueless about their own IPs is coming from. Just about every mainline game they released on Wii U and 3DS have been solid to really great. Spin-offs have been mixed bag, but that has been their ways ever since.

I think you're being a bit unreasonable here. Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 will no doubt be remembered. The greatest Mario Kart ever as well. Nintendo definitely pumped out some strong games for Wii U, despite the poor finish.

Splatoon was a barebones experiment that will not be worthwile to go back to after a sequel comes out. Bayonetta is irrevelant for the topic. It's a great game, but no proof that ,,Nintendo's still got it", since they didn't make it and PG isn't exactly a safe developer to expect on NX. Mario Kart and Smash will always have competent iterations, nothing to write home about. Pikmin 3 doesn't even have a third of P2's content, what the hell was that? The titles I've mentioned are in a completely different league than what they've produced on WiiU. They've lost tons of quality, ambition and variety this generation, so it's a little too convenient to blame NX development alone. Zelda U is the only positive sign of them potentially turning things around on NX and that they maybe haven't lost all talent.

Jubenhimer

I think there is sufficient evidence that points to Nintendo not always understanding why their products are successful. They are artists. They do what they feel is best and hope the audience likes it.

Western companies on the other have really embraced analytics and data science to figure out what consumers want, and optimize their games to that (for better or for worse). Nintendo needs to improve on that in general. It really feels sometimes they are clueless on what the Western market wants, despite them knowing it is very important to them. Zelda BOTW is a definitely a major step in the right direction.
What I hope Nintendo doesn't do though, is become a soulless company that puts focus groups and market research over creative freedom and experimentation. There's already enough of that in the AAA space, and I don't want to see it plaguing Nintendo. I mean I'd hate to see Splatoon turn into some generic, gritty cover shooter because the chart says that gamers want "big, epic, explosions, adult".

Ansatz

I really do hope that the belief that all the big guns are working on NX stuff is well founded.

If you look at the individual release schedules and take into consideration that Nintendo teams are typically on three year dev cycles, it's the only logical conclusion one can draw;

Retro Studios: DKC Tropical Freeze (2014)
Monolith Soft: Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015)
EAD Tokyo: Super Mario 3D World (2013), Captain Toad (2014)
EAD Kyoto: Animal Crossing New Leaf (2013), Pikmin 3 (2013), Mario Kart 8 (2014), Splatoon (2015), Mario Maker (2015)
Outsourced: Smash Bros. 4 (2014), Hyrule Warriors (2014)

Let's have this discussion again when these teams have announced a new mainline title, shall we? The only thing that's not well founded is doubting Nintendo when their core teams have proven themselves time and time again.

If you look at the individual release schedules and take into consideration that Nintendo teams are typically on three year dev cycles, it's the only logical conclusion one can draw;

Retro Studios: DKC Tropical Freeze (2014)
Monolith Soft: Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015)
EAD Tokyo: Super Mario 3D World (2013), Captain Toad (2014)
EAD Kyoto: Animal Crossing New Leaf (2013), Pikmin 3 (2013), Mario Kart 8 (2014), Splatoon (2015), Mario Maker (2015)
Outsourced: Smash Bros. 4 (2014), Hyrule Warriors (2014)

Let's have this discussion again when these teams have announced a new mainline title, shall we? The only thing that's not well founded is doubting Nintendo when their core teams have proven themselves time and time again.

Monolith's most recent project was actually Project X Zone 2, but yeah.

I think Intelligent Systems have been among the longer holdouts as far as major projects are concerned. They've had Colour Splash (they're still the devs on that, right?) and Codename Steam + Fire Emblem the year before. And then there's the Fire Emblem mobile game, do we know if they're handling it?

Always got the feeling that Nintendo is very insular, with most of the devs not really playing other games and very Japan-centric, for better or worse. Works great on games like Splatoon which is new and at the same time a throwback to 90s shooters or Smash/Pikmin, probably not so great on other genres like RPGs or open world where other devs have made vast strides since the 90s. Combined with their "everyone must approve everything" culture, it seems like it takes 10x as long to get anything done at Nintendo than anywhere else. Which again, can work great in some cases but probably not great business wise.

As the world gets more and more global its inevitable that Nintendo IP becomes more valuable than the team working on it, and at some point someone is going to take the company over and completely change things.

AdanVC

Yeah it's been a rough year for Wii U users especially. Nothing but spin-offs and a not-too-attractive Star Fox game wich is basically Star Fox 64 the gimmicky remake. I'm simply done with Wii U. But in a good way, I spend lot's of great moments with it but it's time to move on. NX can't come soon enough so they can reveal all of their launch games and beyond to see if their A-Teams have been hard at work doing lot's of cool stuff for NX or not.

bachikarn

What I hope Nintendo doesn't do though, is become a soulless company that puts focus groups and market research over creative freedom and experimentation. There's already enough of that in the AAA space, and I don't want to see it plaguing Nintendo. I mean I'd hate to see Splatoon turn into some generic, gritty cover shooter because the chart says that gamers want "big, epic, explosions, adult".

I feel you, but there has to be a balance.

Aldric

Splatoon was a barebones experiment that will not be worthwile to go back to after a sequel comes out.

Splatoon is already one of Nintendo's most commercially successful franchises. lt's definitely going to be remembered fondly in years to come, probably as the Wii U's defining title even.

random25

Always got the feeling that Nintendo is very insular, with most of the devs not really playing other games and very Japan-centric, for better or worse. Works great on games like Splatoon which is new and at the same time a throwback to 90s shooters or Smash/Pikmin, probably not so great on other genres like RPGs or open world where other devs have made vast strides since the 90s. Combined with their "everyone must approve everything" culture, it seems like it takes 10x as long to get anything done at Nintendo than anywhere else. Which again, can work great in some cases but probably not great business wise.

As the world gets more and more global its inevitable that Nintendo IP becomes more valuable than the team working on it, and at some point someone is going to take the company over and completely change things.

Where did you get the idea that they don't play other games?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Splatoon was a barebones experiment that will not be worthwile to go back to after a sequel comes out. Bayonetta is irrevelant for the topic. It's a great game, but no proof that ,,Nintendo's still got it", since they didn't make it and PG isn't exactly a safe developer to expect on NX. Mario Kart and Smash will always have competent iterations, nothing to write home about. Pikmin 3 doesn't even have a third of P2's content, what the hell was that? The titles I've mentioned are in a completely different league than what they've produced on WiiU. They've lost tons of quality, ambition and variety this generation, so it's a little too convenient to blame NX development alone. Zelda U is the only positive sign of them potentially turning things around on NX and that they maybe haven't lost all talent.

Labeling Splatoon as a "barebones experiment" doesn't change the fact that it was one of Nintendo's best new games/ips. Also claiming nobody would want to return to it after sequels are relased, is a negative that I could apply on some of the games you mentioned. I've no desire to go back to early 3D Zeldas, nor do I have a desire to return to Super Metroid, F-Zero, or other older titles, that in my opinion, have been surpassed by sequels.

Count on it. The WiiU library has Nintendo's smallest ambition, smallest variety and some of their worst received iterations by critics. I'm not holding my hopes for betterment on NX solely because of a combined library anymore, considering the chance that they simply continue to make tired ass 2D platformers, or straight up crap like Starfox Zero.

People here who own Wii U generally seemed to happy with the games, but the library does look a bit redundant from the outside.

This system really needed more games like Wonderful 101, Splatoon, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Super Mario Maker. The games on this system are not breaking any ground compared to those classics you mentioned, but Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Smash 4, Pikmin 3, and DKC Tropical Freeze will be remembered as high quality entries in their series.

Some people won't really care as long as the same old is still highly polished and fun, but your viewpoint is pretty spot on despite that handful of games I mentioned. Older Nintendo systems had many more fresh IP and third party exclusives.

Wii U's library is just not appealing to a wide array of gamers. I haven't had a real desire to get one, and I'm certainly not alone.

I honestly won't even say if the games mentioned in the OP were bad since I haven't played them. I certainly skipped them, but I already had plenty to play on 3DS. It's much harder for Wii U to receive a bad game because of the limited options.

I would expect NX to have solid game output if the rumors of cross development between handheld and console are true. The original Wii had very consistent game output following GameCube's late cycle drought. The Wii droughts set in after three years or so, but it succeeded because it came out swinging. Wii U on the other hand failed to have acceptable game output obviously because of HD. The transition to NX will likely be easier, so NX really could have Wii-like consistency.

They've absolutely been screwing up their spinoff franchises since maybe DS/Wii era on. Back during GCN/GBA days everything was pure quality regardless of whether it was main line or side.

I think they're just trying to save money tbh. They are consolidating everything as games become more expensive to produce. Also note that they try to reuse art assets as much as possible across their series.

Really disappointing development, I don't trust their name on the box anymore except for mainline titles.

Edit: Nintendo should get credit for Mario Maker, though. Quality title.

They've absolutely been screwing up their spinoff franchises since maybe DS/Wii era on. Back during GCN/GBA days everything was pure quality regardless of whether it was main line or side.

I think they're just trying to save money tbh. They are consolidating everything as games become more expensive to produce. Also note that they try to reuse art assets as much as possible across their series.

Really disappointing development, I don't trust their name on the box anymore except for mainline titles.

I think it's really unfortunate that Mario Kart is seemingly the only Mario spinoff Nintendo still seems to actually care about. All the others like Paper Mario and Mario Tennis have been in decline for years.

Jubenhimer

I feel you, but there has to be a balance.
Nintendo needs to combine creativity with profitability. They can blow $100 million on something they know won't make back a profit. But they can keep playing it safe with all their games. I said this before, and I'll say it again, I want another Dreamcast-era Sega from them. They need to be at the forefront on mainstream innovation again, and go on a Creative Renaissance, bursting with new talent, new ideas, new experiences, new genres, ect.

MrBadger

I think it's really unfortunate that Mario Kart is seemingly the only Mario spinoff Nintendo still seems to actually care about. All the others like Paper Mario and Mario Tennis have been in decline for years.

I agree. Looking at the other Mario spinoffs, we're kind of lucky that we still get retro tracks, and that Rainbow Road hasn't been replaced by "the red level from NSMB". They seem to be applying much stricter rules to what's allowed in Mario games recently. I'm glad Kart hasn't been affected by them yet.

Zolo

I'll be very surprised if Splatoon isn't still mentioned along with those since it's been noted for years now how it's one of the more innovative IP's Nintendo has made. It's certainly at least along the lines of Xenoblade classic.

RK128

I don't think Nintendo is rushed by time but rather has many of the A-Team members working on the NX. Many of them wrapped up work on Wii U projects in 2013/2014, with some exceptions (Monolith - Xenoblade X, Atlus Partnership - Tokyo Marage Sessons, 2D Mario Team - Mario Maker, Animal Crossing/Mario Team - Splatoon, Good Feel - Yoshi's Woolly World). So seeing spin-offs thrown together to pad out the rest of the systems life cycle isn't that shocking.

To be honest, it matches the 2005-2006 GameCube years to be fair, with many localizations & spin-off games releasing with even quality most of the time. But the GameCube games of that era had higher quality games though (Mario Strikers & Baseball were MUCH better the Ultra Smash for example).

I think that Nintendo just poorly manage's their IP and its coming to a head this generation. Paper Mario, Metroid, Star Fox...IP's that either were long dormant or otherwise experimented with in recent years coming back in mixed ways (Star Fox Zero being divisive among critics & fans), outright disliked without not much released on the game (Color Splash due to its similarities to Sticker Star) and loathed from the outset despite being a perfectly fine/okay game (Federation Force).

Maybe Nintendo needs to have more quality control people behind these projects or make games they know people will enjoy, as if they made a traditional Paper Mario or Metroid, people would have likely enjoyed them a lot. But the creative teams behind these projects want to make the games THEY want to make and it leads to fun games being produced.....just not the games the hardcore fanbase wanted.

If the NX really has all the A-Teams working on projects and/or the implication that many studios like Next Level & Retro moved Wii U projects to the NX is true, then we are in for a treat. Otherwise, its best to have an open mind for future Nintendo projects going forward. As I can see more experimentation with IP happening in the future franchises like what happened with Paper Mario & Metroid.

The worst aspect of Color Splash is that it doesn't seem to be rushed or cheaply made. It seems to be a game they've been working really long and hard on--but all that effort into making a direct sequel to one of the worst retail Nintendo titles released in the last decade.

The correct answer is Nintendo is both rushed and clueless (and sort of proud of the second qualifier).

God, Color Splash pisses me off.

VariantX

Judging software in the year before the succeed both of their devices at once is not going to get the best insight. Far better to look at what NX has for 2017.

Just last year we saw some great Nintendo titles with Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Wooly World.

The 3DS was even worse. Steel Diver and Pilot Wings were $40 launch games.

The bolded so much. That was a goddamn embarrassing launch line up and nintendo knows it. Thats why im not losing my shit over any lack of announcements over the NX. Id rather the damn thing be late and actually have something than to launch with tumbleweeds like the 3DS and Wii U did. The 3DS's launch lineup only made the system's launch price seem all the more overpriced. I held out for a year or before finally buying a 3DSXL when the games were actually there finally.

Ogodei

The only note worthy Wii U games for me are Bayonetta 2, TW101, Mario Kart 8, SSB4, Xenoblade X, Splatoon to a lesser extent and Pikmin 3. The rest averaged from good to forgettable.

3D World was sublimely put-together. It lacked a bit in ambition but you won't find a better-polished experience.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
All their best teams are working on NX and have been for at least 18 months, all Nintendo's recent games have been heavily outsourced spinoffs. They are there to fill the schedule and Nintendo is not pretending otherwise, we just have to grit our teeth and wait for the real games next year.

Sadist

Clueless? They know damn well what they're creating with spin-offs and it shows.Nintendo wanted to fill up their release lists and you'll get games like Triforce Heroes or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Games that rely on their strong brandname and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. Look back at how those games were handled on Directs for example; they didn't receive the same treatment compared to other "bigger titles". Chibi-Robo... I'm still surprised the series gets new games. A very small group of people actually play those and to make it a bigger hit they try to change the series up.

As for Metroid Prime Federation Force; I've never seen so many manchildren throw a hissyfit about one single game and screaming bloody murder. After it's reveal it was pretty clear Nintendo wanted to throw out a spin-off into the wild and to again, fill up their release list for 2016. It's an experiment that will pretty much fail, but hey, now they know.

As for Paper Mario; Nintendo/Intelligent Systems have been tinkering with the main series ever since Super Paper Mario and I think Sticker Star was this weird in between game that didn't have enough development time. Blah blah, Miyamoto ruined MAH Paper Mario! and all that, but it was clear Intelligent Systems needed more time with Sticker Star to fully realize the different direction for the series. At first glance Colour Splash seems to be that game. I'll wait untill I've played to pass judgement.

Everyone saying "wait for NX everything's on NX" with no announcements or news lol....I actually feel bad for those that believe this and haven't been yanked around by Nintendo or other devs in the past

And even if all A teams are on NX, why are we not expecting great quality from Nintendo B squads anymore? If that's the case there is still a big problem with talent, management or both

The worst aspect of Color Splash is that it doesn't seem to be rushed or cheaply made. It seems to be a game they've been working really long and hard on--but all that effort into making a direct sequel to one of the worst retail Nintendo titles released in the last decade.

The correct answer is Nintendo is both rushed and clueless (and sort of proud of the second qualifier).

God, Color Splash pisses me off.

That's one of the biggest signs that they might simply be delusional. Paper Mario looks to have a decent budget, but they consciously decided to shit on fan feedback and keep doing their dumb NSMB thing for all subseries, which slowly runs the entire Mario franchise into the ground. Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised that even on NX, at least Mario might not regain any creative freedom or ambition.

v0yce

Uh, no.

I've been playing Nintendo games since I first got my NES deluxe bundle and I can say WiiU is Nintendo A+ work.

Gamers were just clueless when it came to WiiU. In 2014 Nintendo ran circles around the competition and dropped DK:TF, MK8, Bayonetta 2, and Smash 4. Probably the 4 best games of the year. Plus good titles like Captain Toad and Hyrule Warriors. But for some reason gamers were too busy voting Shadow of Mordor GOTY to notice.

The library's quality to crap ration was fantastic. It will only appreciate with time as more people give it a try. It will be a Dreamcast like situation.

I think the first previews and impressions from Paper Mario are mostly positive? Sure there are some that still want PM games in the style of the first ones, but these are a small minority.

Other than that all the games you mentioned are only low budget games anyway.

I think the first previews and impressions from Paper Mario are mostly positive? Sure there are some that still want PM games in the style of the first ones, but these are a small minority.

Other than that all the games you mentioned are only low budget games anyway.
Low budget maybe, but most of them are full price...

Top Bottom