• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "[Microsoft is] a tech giant with a long history of dominating industries, the choices gamers have today will disappear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So Sony gamers should rejoice by backing MS and Phil for taking COD off their system of choice. I mean the game is universally hated on this site. Now Sony can redirect the money they were using for exclusivity with Activision and put it into another project or create a studio to kill COD right?
Only COD can kill COD. Its not a good thing no matter how you spin it. And MW2 is my GOTY if Horizon 2, Sifu and Ragnarok didnt exist.
Hey Jimmy - you mad ? You mad.
What are you happy about?

Kacho

I don't really know why people keep saying Phil is taking COD away from PS when he has said the exact opposite and it would be treated like Minecraft
Do we know of any potential ActiB exclusives post acquisition? Their output has been shit for about a decade now, and big games like COD & Diablo 4 will remain multiplat.

Jim Ryan has really showed how pathetic and hypocritical Sony has become.
Sony didn't give a fuck that they were an electronics giant who did everything they could do to destroy Sega. No fucks were given then.
Then the same Sony is crying mom because now the roles are reversed.
Jim Ryan didn't mind taking content away from Xbox players at every single opportunity. They literally spent hundreds of millions of dollars to stop xbox players being able to play certain games. They stopped xbox players from being able to play Street Fighter for a whole generation.
Now the comments from Sony fanboys? Get a playstation if you want to play those games. It's a warzone and Sony is winning. Microsoft should get out of the hardware buisness. They can't compete.
Now those same fanboys are crying about Microsoft being to rich and daring to take content away from them. Karma is a bitch, bitch.

Then we had Sony and their Fanboys saying how Gamepass was going to fail, and it was no feasible, and all in all no threat to Sony.
Now Sony has shown how they really feel about Gamepass, and that is fear. Sony are literally shitting themselves over Gamepass behind closed doors.

Ryan, Sony and some of their fanboys have really embarrassed themselves during this whole situation.

Sony didn't give a fuck that they were an electronics giant who did everything they could do to destroy Sega. No fucks were given then.
Jim Ryan didn't mind taking content away from Xbox players at every single opportunity. They literally spent hundreds of millions of dollars to stop xbox players being able to play certain games. They stopped xbox players from being able to play Street Fighter for a whole generation.
Now the comments from Sony fanboys? Get a playstation if you want to play those games. It's a warzone and Sony is winning. Microsoft should get out of the hardware buisness. They can't compete.
Now those same fanboys are crying about Microsoft being to rich and daring to take content away from them. Karma is a bitch, bitch.

Then we had Sony and their Fanboys saying how Gamepass was going to fail, and it was no feasible, and all in all no threat to Sony.
Now Sony has shown how they really feel about Gamepass, and that is fear. Sony are literally shitting themselves over Gamepass behind closed doors.

Ryan, Sony and some of their fanboys have really embarrassed themselves during this whole situation.
Talking about crying 😆

GHG

Now that you've got that off your chest...

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Breathe Deep Breath GIF by Rosanna Pansino

This really is some serious shit for some of you. Lots of "Sega" and even saw one guy reference the fact he's been hurting since 1994.

You do know you can play the same games as everyone else right?

mansoor1980

Gold Member

dr-phil-wtf.gif

SEGA_2012

Young SEGA_2012: "I wish i could play Resident Evil 2 on my Saturn!"

Sony: "Lol NOOOOOO"

Young SEGA_2012: "cries"

Sony: "LOL"

25 years later

Sony: "I wish i could have COD on my Playstation ! "

Microsoft: "Lol NOOOOO"

Sony: "cries"

Microsoft: "LOL"

Microsoft and Modern SEGA_2012: "dances together"

GhostOfTsu

Banned

Keep those Sega tears flowing old man. Give me that energy 🤣

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Do we know of any potential ActiB exclusives post acquisition? Their output has been shit for about a decade now, and big games like COD & Diablo 4 will remain multiplat.
I don't see any going exclusive as Acti makes over a billion a year off Playstation playerbase alone, they wont walk away from that money.

Instead they will keep taking that revenue and try to entice people to come to Xbox by having some nice incentives to play COD on Xbox, much like how Playstation does it right now

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh you guys like Steam as well?

Maybe we can be friends afterall.

ezgif-4-73ad24eff8gscrt.gif

25 years later

Now this thread is popping. 🍿

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned

25 years later

Capcom couldn't port Resident Evil 2 to Saturn due to hardware limitations. Nothing to do with Sony. They made a port for Dreamcast, as well as RE Code Veronica.

Topher

Gold Member

Cringe Reaction GIF
Oh God Reaction GIF
denzel washington cringe GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Jodie Whittaker Ok GIF by Doctor Who

bender

What time is it?
They won't let 343i people anywhere close to the infinity ward office.

Now, having infinity ward and id software working on an FPS title... Yes, please.

Maybe they decide they need to keep the yearly release schedule or need some help on DLC. 343i could be responsible for developing a Halo and COD killer. What a resume!

John Wick

What I posted is the general consensus of how Jim is viewed by most gamers, you can agree or disagree as to whether its an accurate assessment or not.
Mate Jimbo inherited a buoyant PlayStation division. It was Kaz who took Sony out of PS3 losses.
Jimbo done fuck all except for increase game and console prices, charge for free upgrades when everywhen else does them free and make remakes a priority over new games.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Jim Ryan and his do as as say not as I do lol. Try and content starve the competition is cool if he does it. When he is offered a 10 year deal to keep the game with parity its time to cry its not enough because he doesn't get 100% his way. Playstation won't lose any games for a long time from this deal. He just doesn't like gamepass getting COD and other games offering fair competition.

All console manufacturers engage with third-party timed exclusivities, and guess what? Thanks god they do, because such practices serve to guarantee financial stability to next-gen only efforts from third-parties early into a new console generation - and it's been that way for decades now. A healthy practice that also helps define the identity of a new gaming platform.

Which is nowhere near the same as acquiring several leading game publishers just to make up for the fact that, even after going on an independent studios acquisition spree, your first-party output has as barren as Fallout 3's Capital Wasteland.

twilo99

All console manufacturers engage with third-party timed exclusivities, and guess what? Thanks god they do, because such practices serve to guarantee financial stability to next-gen only efforts from third-parties early into a new console generation - and it's been that way for decades now. A healthy practice that also helps define the identity of a new gaming platform.

That really does sound like some solid propaganda..

Sony leaves you with no choice even without M&A thanks to the scummy third party deals they been pulling since 1994. Last I checked I can't play Bloodborne on PC, the platform where Souls games are the most popular and made them what they are today. Not even a competing console ffs...

What's the matter? Are you that scared mate? Spencer said time and time again COD will be available on PS. Just like Minecraft is. We have a saying in Spanish for people like Jim Ryan "El ladron cree que todos son de su condicion"

Sony owns the IP for bloodborne though so they can do as they may with that. Bad example

bitbydeath

Sega would still be making consoles if MS never joined. There wasn’t room for them with that much competition.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Crying? Nah, shaking my head at the absolute hypocrisy.
That was 30 years ago. The industry was small and all these people are already dead. Keep hoping you might get your revenge before you croak 🤣

Even Sega moved on and they are giving Sony exclusives.
It was pure evil.
You're aware that Sony barely did anything to Sega, right? You're just making up stuff so you can be mad. Sega made their own bed.
Was it covered by any media in any capacity or just swept under? I really don't seem to remember anyone talking about it.
Because it's not true, it's all made up shit from the Xbox camp. EA had a way bigger impact on Sega than Sony.

Sony actually kept supporting Sega for years with games from Psygnosis.

John Wick

He knows he's not losing CoD. He's terrified of losing all the anti-competitive advantages he's enjoyed on CoD for the last 8 years when his marketing contract runs out.
You mean the same ones that MS enjoyed on 360?
Or the ones that Xbox enjoyed in Fifa on Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom