• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

Hardensoul

Have they put Doug Stanhope on the stand yet?

Not yet, I’ve been watching/listening to streams everyday. Not too familiar with any witnesses until they come on the stand.

Legalbytes does a good 20-30 min recap everyday. Should check her channel, I linked couple posts back.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hollywood is the gateway to a life of hell. I can't picture myself with celebrity status living a life behind walled gardens.

There was Chris Hemsworth spitting mad at the fact there were paparazzi at his house 24/7 even when he'd take out the trash there'd be cameras pointed at him. Your every move is documented. Seriously fuck that kind of living.
Not for nothing but Chris could go back to Australia and be a fireman or something. No one would follow him around then.

They are not forced into this lifestyle.

Hardensoul

So surreal to see these celebs in court when it's not a movie.

Kinda boring though
Court proceedings in general are boring, not like TV/Movies.

Edit: It's why I watch the Nick Rekieta or Legalbytes streams. Their commentary makes it less boring and I've become somewhat more understanding of the law/procedures.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

I really didn't know much about his personal life until he took the stand today. Right now he comes off as relatable and sympathetic.

As an introvert myself, I understand why he talks with somewhat of low, slow and sometimes stutter. Also tries to avoid confrontations. When he talks about being uncomfortable, being stared at or center of attention. It's similar to how I feel. It's why I dislike surprise birthday parties or birthday parties for me, I'm just so uncomfortable being center of attention.

The things he does, like giving gifts and letting them free load at his Penthouses. It's in his nature to be nice and friendly, I feel he does it so that he doesn't want to be looked as a bad person.

I have a feeling Johnny Depp didn't want things to get this far, he seems to be a very private person and don't want the attention or air his laundry to the world. But he realized he finally needed to stand up and defend his self. He probably doesn't care if he loses this case as long as people can see the truth that he's not a bad person.

amber heard had to poop because johnny depp scared her with his toxic behaviour

Ec5f9XrX0AEpDQE.jpg:large

Looks like there's bits of corn in there.

Here we are discussing the actual shit of a famous Hollywood actress. What a time to be alive.

You sure?
Yes. Jada is a mental manipulater, not a physical one. 50 times worse but with zero violence and way less evidence to use in court. She will cause him massive amounts of psychological harm and potential depression, and from everyone else's perspective if he acts on it, it's his own fault. That's way scarier than Amber.

Amber is simply that crazy chick at the bar that you know you shouldn't hook up with. Jada is the chick that will make you think you've approached her when she was already scoping you out days ago and set things up perfectly so that it would happen.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Yes. Jada is a mental manipulater, not a physical one. 50 times worse but with zero violence and way less evidence to use in court. She will cause him massive amounts of psychological harm and potential depression, and from everyone else's perspective if he acts on it, it's his own fault. That's way scarier than Amber.

Amber is simply that crazy chick at the bar that you know you shouldn't hook up with. Jada is the chick that will make you think you've approached her when she was already scoping you out days ago and set things up perfectly so that it would happen.
I’d argue to be a mental manipulator you’d still be nuts. She might not be violent, (or maybe she is) but shitting on the bed, I wouldn’t rule that out.

Best info so far
Depp says he grabbed a bottle of vodka and a shot glass and had a few stiff shots, Heard came downstairs yelling at him, picked up the bottle and threw it at him, which missed and shattered against the wall "And then what did you do Mr Depp", I grabbed a bigger bottle of Vodka, the kind with a handle, and a glass and sat back down. Baller ass move sir.

Edit: Nevermind, she shit on my side of the bed. It get's better (worse)

Edit 2: She shit on my side of the bed and blamed the dogs, what made you think it wasn't the dogs, they're 4 LB Mini Yorkies, they couldnt have done the fecal delivery that size

This case is cracking me up, also she seems batshit insane from his side

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I really didn't know much about his personal life until he took the stand today. Right now he comes off as relatable and sympathetic.

As an introvert myself, I understand why he talks with somewhat of low, slow and sometimes stutter. Also tries to avoid confrontations. When he talks about being uncomfortable, being stared at or center of attention. It's similar to how I feel. It's why I dislike surprise birthday parties or birthday parties for me, I'm just so uncomfortable being center of attention.

The things he does, like giving gifts and letting them free load at his Penthouses. It's in his nature to be nice and friendly, I feel he does it so that he doesn't want to be looked as a bad person.

I have a feeling Johnny Depp didn't want things to get this far, he seems to be a very private person and don't want the attention or air his laundry to the world. But he realized he finally needed to stand up and defend his self. He probably doesn't care if he loses this case as long as people can see the truth that he's not a bad person.
Well said, and I completely agree.

I can also relate as well.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
When he said he had to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling because his wife wanted to go to sleep and wondered why he couldn't stay up and watch tv. I felt so bad cause I've been in that situation.

LordCBH

“Well you can’t know the article is about you”

Who the fuck else would it be about then? Also conveniently ignoring letters and messages that did confirm it was about him.

Heards lawyers are as scummy as she is.

Kimahri

Banned
Man, Heard's lawyer might just have the most punchable voice I've heard in a long time.

Also, enjoying how Depp makes a point of mentioning his name "Rottenborn" almost every time he answers.

Rottenborn indeed.

"I was hitting you, it was not punching you."

Abuse is abuse, doesn't matter if it comes from a male or a female partner. Both have the means to be equally shitty and hurtful.
I feel bad for Johnny. The way he's being treated is the reason why men don't open up about these things.

I'm pretty sure Will Smith is silently suffering through much of the same abusive crap.

SpiceRacz

None of that is an act either. I saw him do a live discussion with Lawrence Krauss at ASU. He would cover his ears and bury his face in his lap every time they played a clip from one of his movies. He couldn't even handle seeing a 10 second clip of himself on screen. Also pretty sure he was fucking drunk.

Last edited:

Well that was an interesting retelling of events by Depp. Love his delivery in court. Also it lead to me checking out some of his band, Hollywood Vampires. Damn there has been some talent going through that band. Core members Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, Depp and lots of featuring stuff with Grohl, McCartney, Slash etc. Then it lead to the club the band was named after and holy shit Alice Cooper founded a mad club with Ringo Starr, Moon and other members like John Belushi, Lennon and more. What a club to go eating, drinking and live gigging with at the famous Rainbow Bar and Grill. Crazy.

Last edited:
Have you SEEN that ass though??? It's not A tier but a solid B+ :p

dude that is a D- at best.

Thanks to Influencers for setting the scale...

Influencers set jack-shit. An Ass-Man with years of experience in examining the top pedigree can point out that-that ass is less than D tier.
She is a person who has to ride her facial looks to compensate for a lack of gluteus maximus. She's also bat-shit crazy. I downgrade that ass to Z tier.

Kimahri

Banned
Influencers set jack-shit. An Ass-Man with years of experience in examining the top pedigree can point out that-that ass is less than D tier.
She is a person who has to ride her facial looks to compensate for a lack of gluteus maximus. She's also bat-shit crazy. I downgrade that ass to Z tier.
Can't you guys just do us all a favor and move this philosophical discussion about what constitutes a great ass to the dedicated ass thread?

It's a lovely thread, I visit it it frequently, to look at asses. I don't visit tjis thread for the asses, so please. Move along.

OT. I watched quite a bit of it yesterday and Johnny's expression while hearing the recordings just said it all. I recognize that look, and also Amber's smug disdainful look.

I'm curious what'll happen today during cross examination.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Amber's look during his speech...she probably imagine more than 100 ways to harm him during that time.

What a psycho look, geez.
She is a really bad actor and is pretending to look like a victim. Horrible overacting.
Clearly got by on her looks.

You can see how bad she is at acting in that puff piece video she did, years ago, talking about how women supported her and she is a victim, etc.
It’s like the fakest thing I’ve ever seen, straight up.

She’s bad at lying. Really bad. Idk how she gets away with it.

Some of this is reminding me of the situation between Phil Hartman and his wife, who killed him and then took her own life. He refused to engage with her when she was angry, and it drove her past the point of all rational thought. When I think of it in those terms, Johnny's lucky to be alive today.
Hell yeah, man. She was pissed at not being written into his will. That’s slightly concerning, when you look at the following events or even just the age difference.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
She's a classic BPD monster impossible to break up with while Depp is clearly a lifelong cross addict in denial. What a combo.
Those stories about escaping to a different house and her chasing after him banging at the door yelling at 4 am... I've been there myself. I'm definitely watching whatever comes today.

Kimahri

Banned
I worry that the defense is going to try to trip up Johnny and make him say something that isn't true.
I hear you, but I dunno, he kinda seemed hard to break for the few minutes of cross examination yesterday.

Just that moment when he made a point of the date being wrong on the exhibit shows that he's a stickler for details, and additionally, his slow way of talking gives him an edge in not jumping into shit. He also often asks for questions to be asked again, so it seems he won't answer if he's not sure what he's answering to.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
She's a classic BPD monster impossible to break up with while Depp is clearly a lifelong cross addict in denial. What a combo.
Those stories about escaping to a different house and her chasing after him banging at the door yelling at 4 am... I've been there myself. I'm definitely watching whatever comes today.
I think she might be NPD as opposed to BPD. I've dealt with NPD her making him go to bed because she wants to sleep they are very controlling and they criticize everything about their victim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom