• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

Hardensoul

Didn't she had a case of abuse against her ex-wife or something? I guess if it wasn't the case they would still side with Amber.
Yup, Camille was able to get part of that in. After Amber mention TMZ and the leak video to them. Also Amber mentioning Kate Moss help open that too.

I’m sure Camille wanted to show the arrest record but having able to read the headlines of Amber’s past domestic violence is still a huge win.

Last edited:
Just seen the redirect. This is just amazing, pure entertainment for us poor folk. Elaine getting rekt by a young beauty. The judge must hate Elaine too with her constant approach and trying to argue with her.

Would be funny if Johnny would start dating camille after this :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Just seen the redirect. This is just amazing, pure entertainment for us poor folk. Elaine getting rekt by a young beauty. The judge must hate Elaine too with her constant approach and trying to argue with her.

Would be funny if Johnny would start dating camille after this :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Why would Camille lower herself and date Johnny Depp. She is a high class lawyer.

AJUMP23

Depp has his own freaking island. Besides, Camille has a BF. And given all the shit unfolding right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Depp is celibate for the rest of his life.
having an island would be the worst reason to date someone. Depp is no hero in any of this. He is a drunk, and drug addict, and needs help. He just isn't as terrible as Amber. but both our pretty terrible.

jonnyp

What a disgusting person Pennington is. She freeloaded for years then helps her friend stage a hoax and then lies in multiple depositions.

She looked bored, unemotional when seeing the pictures when Vasquez was asking her about them but when asked by Rottenborn she's so emotional that she can hardly speak. What a load of crap.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
AJUMP23 AJUMP23

Yeah but I’m sure half of Amber’s law team have drinking problems working with her. So no wonder Johnny got monged out of his cheese box living with Amber. Does the drug timeline coincide with Amber in his life ,!?
if so.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Last edited:

jonnyp

having an island would be the worst reason to date someone. Depp is no hero in any of this. He is a drunk, and drug addict, and needs help. He just isn't as terrible as Amber. but both our pretty terrible.

Don't give me that shit. There is no comparison. Yes, JD has big problems with substance abuse but AH is truly evil down to the core, lying to ruin a man and being the actual abuser and not the victim.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

God I dislike these shipper discussions. But I think Camille has a very good head on her shoulders and seen the crap that goes on with dating someone famous. Especially with someone that’s older and likely older than her parents.

I think Johnny is nice person nothing that’s been shown in these court proceedings has indicated that he’s hurt anyone intentionally. In fact Johnny’s only been hurting himself.

Don't give me that shit. There is no comparison. Yes, JD has big problems with substance abuse but AH is truly evil down to the core, lying to ruin a man and being the actual abuser and not the victim.
Exactly, Amber Heard is downright manipulative when she's sober, I couldn't imagine what that would be like when she's amplified. Johnny on the other hand is self-destructive. I don't believe that he would hurt anyone but himself.

Nico_D

Is there anything particularly revealing in the Pennington's testimony? She seems like an obnoxious person, I don't want to waste my time. So if someone already wasted theirs, let me know.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Catching up on some of the bits I missed over the weeks - wow, these two consume staggering amounts of alcohol in their downtime. I guess Depp is one of those high-functioning alcoholics that can turn it off long enough to get in shape then make a film, before going back to it. I mean if I drank even half that much I would be too perpetually hungover to get anything done.

Hardensoul

Is there anything particularly revealing in the Pennington's testimony? She seems like an obnoxious person, I don't want to waste my time. So if someone already wasted theirs, let me know.
Nothing she sounds like Amber, just a drama Queen covering her own lies in this story from what it looks. She pretends not to remember taking those photos.

Her demeanor was night and day reacting to remember the evidence/photos. No emotion earlier questions to the fake cries later to basically same evidence by favorable Amber attorneys.

Hardensoul

Would an examination of EXIF photo data been done already?
Doesn’t look like it’s been done, from listening to the Law streamers it’s not important, they would’ve had to call an expert witness and would bore the Jurors.

An example was that internet research guy Johnnys side called. He went pretty technical and with a bunch of graphs. It didn’t seem to help Johnny at all but just wasted time.

Even I who understood what he was representing was bored of it. Imagine Jurors who don’t know trying to understand it! 😂

Edit: The Amber photos aren’t helping her, since they aren’t even comparable to her depiction of the allege heinous assaults.

Last edited:
Would an examination of EXIF photo data been done already?
We don't know. Speculation is that the judge wanted to keep the trial from devolving into metadata arguments - instead, each side allegedly could "object" certain photos during the discovery process. It might explain why Amber insisted she turned over certain photo evidence to her lawyers but it's not "up to her" what gets presented to the jury.

Edit: take with huge grain of salt, it's all I could find to explain why we haven't heard anything about the metadata.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Runkle part of Legalbytes and Nick Rekieta stream who is in court today. Is now on Nick Rekieta stream talking about what he sees today especially Jurors.

Last edited:
To be fair, Josh Drew appears to be Amber's most credible witness so far. Regardless on where you fall on the spectrum of Heard vs Depp, he moved the needle in her favor.

Her team must love these videos because they can't get interrupted with Objections

Also, this late in the trial, I find it hard to believe any of these video testimonies because if these were credible, why not present these right up front, why wait until now?

Last edited:
Her team must love these videos because they can't get interrupted with Objections

Also, this late in the trial, I find it hard to believe any of these video testimonies because if these were credible, why not present these right up front, why wait until now?
Well if you know your client's testimony is going to go poorly, you'd try and bury it too.

Hardensoul

To be fair, Josh Drew appears to be Amber's most credible witness so far. Regardless on where you fall on the spectrum of Heard vs Depp, he moved the needle in her favor.

I agree somewhat but when he started talking about Amber’s injuries and describing the pictures he was unbelievable. Especially since they were the same pictures presented before and been dissected through the trial. Plus they don’t aligned either with the allege heinous accounts.

Last edited:

ssringo

That's not surprising. They'd certainly go over this stuff to make sure they can coordinate a specific narrative.

That said as this goes on its feeling like she's racing to get through her testimony. Big rapid sentence, big breath, big rapid sentence, etc.

Edit: Nerves? Drugs? She's a better speaker but it just sounds off somehow.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

That's not surprising. They'd certainly go over this stuff to make sure they can coordinate a specific narrative.

That said as this goes on its feeling like she's racing to get through her testimony. Big rapid sentence, big breath, big rapid sentence, etc.
Whitney seems to be the better actor between the sisters, just don’t have the looks. Which isn’t say much! 😂

Hardensoul

Uh oh! The stair case story is different now between Amber’s story.

Edit: They skip over the stair case story. Don’t let her finish story. This will likely still get her in trouble on cross.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
This is why she is likely to win, or at least not lose, she got several witnesses. This sort of stuff is what the jury is looking for.

Top Bottom