• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

This woman is doing one of the things I hate most in this world, making statements sound like questions.

OHMAHGAWD He was coming near meee? And He like um came in the room with two guysss?

Griffon

What the fuck is this witness, she's eyefucking Camille so hard. She looks like she's turned on or something. Maybe that's her way to mock the questions.

And also, why am I getting turned on watching this?

Last edited:

Urban

man im
What the fuck is this witness, she's eyefucking Camille so hard. She looks like she's turned on or something. Maybe that's her way to mock the questions.

And also, why am I getting turned on watching this?
she remembers everything bad about johnny but all the other stuff she forgot about lol

No, they all on Johnnys payroll especially the cops! They get extra line of coke!!
DWHK.gif

Nico_D

Whitney does indeed seem rehearsed. "At first", "I saw it first hand", her talking speed... I would have to agree that there's something off. Of course she could be nervous but I don't know.

But her voice is steady and not trembling at all. So maybe not nervousness?

Also, is this the first time Johnny controlling Amber's job and clothing is mentioned? Whitney seems to be making a big deal about it and it's the first time I'm hearing about it.

What? Is she some conspiracy nut? Talking about how first Amber was fine, then all of sudden she had a nurse and a doctor and a therapist paid by Johhny and all kinds of meds controlled by Johnny.

Last edited:

Nico_D

The stairs story is funny. Amber said that she had to stop Johnny from pushing her sister down. Whitney says she was on the second level and Johnny came from behind up the stairs and hit her on the back, Meaning Johnny would've been between her and the stairs. Huh?

Hardensoul

This gonna suck with all these video depositions by Amber’s side until they rest. No more live witnesses.

This makes just Amber, Whitney and that crock Psychologist were only ones live at court for Amber.

Hardensoul

The stairs story is funny. Amber said that she had to stop Johnny from pushing her sister down. Whitney says she was on the second level and Johnny came from behind up the stairs and hit her on the back, Meaning Johnny would've been between her and the stairs. Huh?
Whitney say Johnny held Amber’s hair and hit Amber several times repeatedly? Whitney’s story is different from everyone including Ambers version.

Last edited:

Nico_D

This Marz seems trustworthy - if she wasn't so vulnerable and scared of shadows and men with wine bottles. Every single thing which is trying to prove something, is about her feeling scared and her emotions. There's probably truth in her testimony, not that it matters, largely inconsequential.

Make-up person now. I would say she is speaking the truth as far as she knows it.

I wanna say Amber bit her role bloody herself. If it ever was hurt.

Last edited:
Alright these are too coincidental in lining up facts from years ago. Johnny at dinner, Ass comment, tell stories about Amber
All 3 said the same thing now, same sequence too, very very odd.

Also these are not real friends, who goes over to a friends house and everyone gather round the campfire to tell your favorite story of the person.

Live From Australia

new-jersey-welcome-2-1.jpg

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I had a difficult time following the tail end of that final witnesses testimony. She said Depp purposefully broke the bottle, then managed by accident to cut his own finger off with it? It would take a lot of force to get through bone. Not buying it.

jonnyp

To be fair, Josh Drew appears to be Amber's most credible witness so far. Regardless on where you fall on the spectrum of Heard vs Depp, he moved the needle in her favor.

Only if the jurors believe his story over 4 police officers. He said he showed the officers the damage, the spilled wine etc but the officers testified they did not see ANY damage, spilled wine or any injuries on Heard. So he's full of shit. He is just covering his ass and trying to be consistent with his stories, and not admit he is part of staging a hoax.

Whitney's testimony about the stairs incident, which is different from Amber's, will be destroyed by Jennifer Howell depo during rebuttal so that will be another loss for the Turd.

Last witness said Amber told her that JD's finger was cut off by himself by waving a bottle around. Amber herself says he cut it off by smashing an antique phone, a phone that doesn't exist according to the butler and there are no photos of. So which is it? None of them are believable anyway. A large glass bottle of vodka thrown at the finger resting against the edge of a marble table, that makes sense though.

Last edited:
Only if the jurors believe his story over 4 police officers. He said he showed the officers the damage, the spilled wine etc but the officers testified they did not see ANY damage, spilled wine or any injuries on Heard. So he's full of shit. He is just covering his ass and trying to be consistent with his stories, and not admit he is part of staging a hoax.

Whitney's testimony about the stairs incident, which is different from Amber's, will be destroyed by Jennifer Howell depo during rebuttal so that will be another loss for the Turd.

Last witness said Amber told her that JD's finger was cut off by himself by waving a bottle around. Amber herself says he cut it off by smashing an antique phone, a phone that doesn't exist according to the butler and there are no photos of. So which is it? None of them are believable anyway. A large glass bottle of vodka thrown at the finger resting against the edge of a marble table, that makes sense though.
I agree, but today was a good day for Team Amber. They muddied the waters, put space from Amber's cross examination, and provided corroboration for her testimony. The bar is so high to prove defamation and you only need one juror. The inconsistencies we heard today could be eviscerated in rebuttal and closing statements, but that has nothing to do with what happened today and we don't know what the jury has and has not retained. It's possible the entire jury checked out after Amber's cross and didn't pay attention to a damn thing today. Or - maybe a juror willing to give Amber the benefit of the doubt just got their lifeline.

ManaByte

Hardensoul

I agree, but today was a good day for Team Amber. They muddied the waters, put space from Amber's cross examination, and provided corroboration for her testimony. The bar is so high to prove defamation and you only need one juror. The inconsistencies we heard today could be eviscerated in rebuttal and closing statements, but that has nothing to do with what happened today and we don't know what the jury has and has not retained. It's possible the entire jury checked out after Amber's cross and didn't pay attention to a damn thing today. Or - maybe a juror willing to give Amber the benefit of the doubt just got their lifeline.
When I was a Juror the closing arguments were huge in jogging our memory. Especially when the Prosecutor in our case started highlighting some of the major points and which got us to take a closer look at one of the key evidence.

Which swung a couple of Jurors that were undecided to a unanimous 12 Juror guilty verdict.

Edit: We were provide with notepads. The Johnny case from what I heard are provided with notepads too!

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Is always looking at the jury to answer every damn questions going to help Amber? I would be annoyed as fuck if I was in jury.
It usually would help if it was natural, but Amber doing it looked force, when she was looking over it looked like she was just looking for a reaction to her fake cries.

Which from people who were in court don’t seem to believe her!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Bro there's heaps and one of the authors got ripped a new arsehole on twitter because of her fucked up look at the whole situation, basically backing Amber on the grounds that 'Women should be believed in domestic violence cases' horse shit.
They really fucked her up in that twitter thread. Was quite the sight.

New York Post?

Nico_D

Acting coach testifying how Depp turned darker like light just went out. The art in the penthouse got darker, Johnny sat in dark room and just wasn't happy.

Also, she told Amber had told her that Johnny cut his finger off with a bottle (breaking the bottle and then subsequentially cutting the tip of his finger off by accident) - not phone like Amber testified now three years later.

Last edited:

Nico_D

Jesus these badly lying pieces of shit. They just keep coming up more and more. Now Whitney with the NDA. This the first time we ever hear about it? She didn't tell her sisters about it so they could testify about Johnny trying to force Whitney write a NDA?

Hardensoul

what? yesterday? I did not watch yesterday's session.
Law and Lumber on Twitter clarify, that it happened in one of the side rooms for their private meetings.

Almost became really bad, people were claiming the bailiffs say that. Bailiffs don’t ever do those things. It was just an outside observer!

Edit:Found the Tweet

Last edited:
Top Bottom