• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

An ex from 30 years ago.......really? Is that what this defense has been reduced to?

Edit:

30616902-8510425-image-m-47_1594389527552.jpg

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Gold Member
An ex from 30 years ago.......really? Is that what this defense has been reduced to?
Oh! No! He gets angry, jealous and controlling but no physically attacks! The only thing that was close was a bottle toss(she clarifies not a throw) towards her area with a bunch of people next to her.

Another nothing burger last 3 video witnesses, like the lawyer and Disney rep!

Nico_D

Waldman's interview must have been really annoying to do for Elaine.

The IT guy starts looking really uncomfortable when he realizes he doesn't actually having anything to say other than mathematical correlation for which there maybe a lot of other reasons other than Waldman. Like Johnny's lawyer points out, other press like the UK trial. Completely pointless study, in regards to the case at least.

Last edited:
At this point it doesn't seem like they're going for physical abuse but that he verbally and mentally abused, that will for sure be in closing statements.

Nico_D

Newman's testimony could be problematic for Johnny. Of course there's nothing on paper for Newman to find if op-ed was the reason but still.

Nico_D

Amber's team's strategy seems to be based on quality now. They are pouring out short testimonies with very little to say except for jealousy, drugs, alcohol, angry hoping those are things Jury remembers in the end.

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Newman's testimony could be problematic for Johnny. Of course there's nothing on paper for Newman to find if op-ed was the reason but still.
Nah! He got killed on cross, he left off the highest bar(#justiceforjohnny) on his graph to make the lowest points look high. That graph made him look so unbelievably bias! 😂

Nico_D

Nah! He got killed on cross, he left off the highest bar(#justiceforjohnny) on his graph to make the lowest points look high. That graph made him look so unbelievably bias! 😂

That's true. Basic method to make a graph look "bad".

But I meant the Hollywood lady. Did I mix up the names?

Hardensoul

Gold Member
That's true. Basic method to make a graph look "bad".

But I meant the Hollywood lady. Did I mix up the names?
No, I got confused. Apologies.

Anyways the Agent lady also did a self own for Amber. She says basically if you are accused of domestic abuser, is basically unemployable!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
This case not only highlights what a lying sack of shit Amber Turd and her friends and sister are, but how incredibly generous Depp is.

It wasn't enough for these cunts to mooch off him without any sense of shame or even gratitude, but now they're all conspiring to destroy him. Depp showed incredible restraint throughout it all.

Last edited:

rbanke

This case not only highlights what a lying sack of shit Amber Turd and her friends and sister are, but how incredibly generous Depp is.

It wasn't enough for these cunts to mooch off him without any sense of shame or even gratitude, but now they're all conspiring against him to destroy him. Depp showed incredible restraint throughout it all.

I imagine this is a glimpse of what it's like to be ultra famous and/or wealthy. A sad way to go through life being seen as a feeder for untold numbers of leeches.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I imagine this is a glimpse of what it's like to be ultra famous and/or wealthy. A sad way to go through life being seen as a feeder for untold numbers of leeches.

Ye. One of the more egregious examples of exploitation is what everyone is doing to Stan Lee. Dude isn't even on this plane of existence anymore, and his daughter and Disney and their dogs are still milking him. Here's the thread:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stan...e-will-now-be-exploited-posthumously.1636828/

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Legal Mindset and Rekieta Law are just a blast to watch. Hilarious dudes - never thought I'd say that about actual lawyers.

AH team sabotaged their own case today. Most of their witnesses actually made Johnny look good.
I tried to jumped between Legalbytes and Nick Rekieta for awhile. For this trial Nick has been somewhat giving way to Legalbytes where most of their click are for the streams.

But Nick Rekieta I feel is better at these streams. His snarky comments are pretty well timed. Even Nick streaming alone is entertaining.

Nick does live streaming every night, now every morning and still does his night stream. He is insane!

jonnyp

I tried to jumped between Legalbytes and Nick Rekieta for awhile. For this trial Nick has been somewhat giving way to Legalbytes where most of their click are for the streams.

But Nick Rekieta I feel is better at these streams. His snarky comments are pretty well timed. Even Nick streaming alone is entertaining.

Nick does live streaming every night, now every morning and still does his night stream. He is insane!

Yeah, his comments are so funny. Love it. The guy sleeps like 4 hours a day. Total machine.

DJ12

I cannot wait for ambers book, 'If I did make it all up, this is what I would've done' to be serialised in the press in a couple of years as she struggles to pay her rent

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to keep up with the trial in detail, just the big news headlines. Prior to the trial I was definitely on Depp’s side - also not knowing much, just a huge Depp fan and I guess frequented sites that were pro Depp. But from what I’ve seen of the trial here are my few nugget thoughts :

1. Johnny Depp is very charismatic/funny. The “isn’t every hour happy hour” line was good. But at the same time…in a way, I think Depp knows people really like him. So while he did get a laughter out of the answer…he didn’t really counter the question. If he’s drunk all the time, including the mornings, how does he remember if he abused Heard or not? I mean that right there, to me, actually hurts Depp because Heard could say abused and the public is expected to trust the memory of someone who was drunk at the time?

2. Heard not donating to the charities, and Depp’s lawyer pushing her on it, is kind of bs in my view. She could do what she wants with the money, who cares if it’s to charity. I feel like pushing things like this might actually hurt Depp’s side, because most people I know don’t really like when other people like to count their money/pester on what to do with it.

3. Honestly I haven’t really seen any strong evidence on either side. I think Heard’s side will probably win because it’s hard to win defamation cases

Heard probably regrets that oped she wrote, way more trouble than the 2 cents she gained

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I haven’t been able to keep up with the trial in detail, just the big news headlines. Prior to the trial I was definitely on Depp’s side - also not knowing much, just a huge Depp fan and I guess frequented sites that were pro Depp. But from what I’ve seen of the trial here are my few nugget thoughts :

1. Johnny Depp is very charismatic/funny. The “isn’t every hour happy hour” line was good. But at the same time…in a way, I think Depp knows people really like him. So while he did get a laughter out of the answer…he didn’t really counter the question. If he’s drunk all the time, including the mornings, how does he remember if he abused Heard or not? I mean that right there, to me, actually hurts Depp because Heard could say abused and the public is expected to trust the memory of someone who was drunk at the time?

2. Heard not donating to the charities, and Depp’s lawyer pushing her on it, is kind of bs in my view. She could do what she wants with the money, who cares if it’s to charity. I feel like pushing things like this might actually hurt Depp’s side, because most people I know don’t really like when other people like to count their money/pester on what to do with it.

3. Honestly I haven’t really seen any strong evidence on either side. I think Heard’s side will probably win because it’s hard to win defamation cases

Heard probably regrets that oped she wrote, way more trouble than the 2 cents she gained

1. Heard is on the record lying about her make-up kit that she claims she used to HIDE bruises... Said kit wasn't on the market until much later than the time she said she used it. She is on record admitting to hitting Depp and causing him harm. She is on record contradicting herself far more than Depp has. Even in the same sitting of testimony.

2. It goes to character. She said she was going to donate it all to charity and that was the express reason she asked for it in their settlement. Between the last penny put into her account and when Depp brought along his first defamation shit, 13 months had passed. She could have donated after each payment. But it stayed in her account. Depp and Elon Musk both donated in her name about $700k in total. She still hadn't. So demanding $7 million and, upon receipt, had yet to deliver on that pledge (ahem) goes to question her character and why she demanded that amount for a settlement.

3. The last few witnesses still hadn't seen Depp hit Amber. But one thing (I may be mistaken) they have all said... Depp had injuries. Several of them are Heard's friends ... And some of them contradict what Heard testified happened in some instances. They all seemed to be reading from the same script.

The detective seemed to put a big hole into the defense's cross-exam.

GymWolf

It's a defamation case and the jury needs to unanimously side with Depp. If one juror believes he was the abuser, or the relationship was mutually abusive, it's over for Depp.

That's why this is so high stakes and the whole world is watching. We're watching a man try and move heaven and earth to prove he was a victim of domestic violence, not the perpetrator as it was suggested in the op ed. Not to mention, Amber Heardth is literally recorded taunting him to try and prove it in front of the world.
Does depp need to pay the requested 100 mil if turd win?

HotFlawlessFruitbat-max-1mb.gif

They are both Hot AF, let's not pretend otherwise just because she is a cunt.

Armas would look much uglier if she was trying to fake crying during a trial when she try her best to not look sexy...

I prefer armas but cmon...
She's gonna to hit the wall in a couple of years so by than she won't be able to get by just with her looks alone.

No she's not hot. How she's acts is a instant turn off for me.

GymWolf

The fact that she has no acting skills?

Or the fact she has a shitty personality lol?
I was being sarcastic, i can separe behaviour and personality from external look, not being turned on because a chick can't act is strange to hear to say the least...monica bellucci is a shit actress, way worse than heard, and she is considered one of the most beatiful women ever existed.

jonnyp

Does depp need to pay the requested 100 mil if turd win?

Yes, but they can't win. They cannot prove Waldmann was instructed to make those comments by JD. And this trial has pretty much proven Waldmann right so they're fucked with regard to their claim.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
HotFlawlessFruitbat-max-1mb.gif

They are both Hot AF, let's not pretend otherwise just because she is a cunt.

Armas would look much uglier if she was trying to fake crying during a trial when she try her best to not look sexy...

I prefer armas but cmon...

Heard's image was picked for comedic purposes.

But for arguments sake against Heard's hotness, picture this:

Heard is squatting on the bed, wobbling a little as she tries to find her balance. Her pale skin is blotched with strain, a visible vein throbbing across her forehead. Her face is a rictus of exertion; all thought and energies bent towards a single purpose. Finally, she unleashes a guttural roar, her arms stabbing at the heavens in triumph, and a dark brown sludge groans forth from her interstitial space, landing with soft wetness upon the silk sheets. Satisfied and spent, Heard slithers gingerly off the bed cackling in glee, and crab-crawls into the darkness.

No further questions, Your Honour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom