• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors Sentenced to 52-Week Domestic Violence Intervention Program

Draugoth

Gold Member
capa-2024-04-08t130716439.jpg

Jonathan Majors was sentenced to a 52-week in-person domestic violence intervention program after being convicted of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment in December.

The charges, which are a misdemeanor and a violation, carried a sentence of up to one year in prison. Prosecutors asked for a sentence of domestic violence programming, with a six-month jail alternative if Majors failed to complete programming, as well as a full order of protection for his ex-girlfriend Grace Jabbari. Majors received time served for the harassment violation.

Source

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's weird.... We saw him put her back in a car and, presumably, she got a scratch behind her ear for that... Yet SHE gets the order of protection? And the other injuries had nothing to do with him... Mind-blowing!

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's weird.... We saw him put her back in a car and, presumably, she got a scratch behind her ear for that... Yet SHE gets the order of protection? And the other injuries had nothing to do with him... Mind-blowing!
Welcome to that male privilege, pal.

He'll be fine. In a year or so it'll be like this never happened. The cancel culture pendulum is already swinging back.

Get this man a Green Lantern.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
As someone still in the midst of a divorce from a pwBDP/NPD sometimes after so much abuse you react so I'm conflicted about this. I'm not saying he's not guilty but the video of him putting her back in the vehicle and running away ain't it. I'm pretty sure they were both toxic and not good to each other

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Well they've recast Banner and Rhodey before, Howard Stark and Red Skull had 2 different actors, there's 3 Cassie Langs so replacing Kang makes sense and actually could be kinda easy. They could use one of the weird looking Kangs for the next movie :D

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Well they've recast Banner and Rhodey before, Howard Stark and Red Skull had 2 different actors, there's 3 Cassie Langs so replacing Kang makes sense and actually could be kinda easy. They could use one of the weird looking Kangs for the next movie :D

Rumors right now suggest the replacement is Rustin actor Coleman Domingo.

AJUMP23

Or you know, he could have been a decent person and not beat on his girlfriend because he had big feelings he couldn't mentally or physically handle it like an adult.
I was doing the meme. All the hate innocent abusers will face.

8bitpill

But she's allowed to be violent towards him because she's a woman, right?
Not saying that at all.

He is 200lbs muscle , compared to his 120lb something exgirlfriend. If you feel threaten by someone that much smaller than you, you have to check yourself. I highly doubt he felt in any danger, he reacted the wrong way and it was an piss poor decision on his part.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Or you know, he could have been a decent person and not beat on his girlfriend because he had big feelings he couldn't mentally or physically handle it like an adult.

Where did he beat on her? Remember, we have video evidence. Tell us. Where and when on the night in question?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What the fuck are you doing for 52 weeks? Does he get an associate's degree in "just don't hit the bitch"?

He never hit her. There's video evidence. She hit her head when he tried to put her back in the vehicle and he left. She had none of her reported injuries UNTIL the next day ... The only injury she had was that scratch behind her ear from picking her up and putting her back into the vehicle. That's why he was convicted on MISDEMEANOR RECKLESS assault. He has no felonies on his record.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
A broken figure as well.

There is a way to handle things and he failed at that.

In the videos in the aftermath of the vehicle video, her finger was fine. She exhibited NO pain or inability to use her hand ... So that happened after she went to the club and before he came back to his apartment the next day.

8bitpill

In the videos in the aftermath of the vehicle video, her finger was fine. She exhibited NO pain or inability to use her hand ... So that happened after she went to the club and before he came back to his apartment the next day.
You want to link me to this video?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You want to link me to this video?

If you're talking about the body cam video, I'm not talking about that. I remember each video. From the SUV, to the chase, to the sidewalk with strangers to the club to the body cam.

Edit: my bad. I misread. Let me find them.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not the best quality but I'm doing this in a rush.

8bitpill 8bitpill

Finding the club video is harder for some reason

This sets a bad precedent. You can be literally running away from a conflict and still be charged with assault. If it was the other way around, and a woman was running away from her abuser and shoved him away or push him into the car while trying to escape, it would be considered self defense.

Basically, as a man, you need to stand there, take abuse, verbal or physical, and hope that she never presses charges. I cant believe this is the evidence that convinced the jury to find him guilty.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This sets a bad precedent. You can be literally running away from a conflict and still be charged with assault. If it was the other way around, and a woman was running away from her abuser and shoved him away or push him into the car while trying to escape, it would be considered self defense.

Basically, as a man, you need to stand there, take abuse, verbal or physical, and hope that she never presses charges. I cant believe this is the evidence that convinced the jury to find him guilty.
I've been slapped and spit on and I had to do literally just that. Stand there and take it. Like I said I don't know if he's an abuser but him trying to get away from her ain't it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

That’s just life. Being a guy has expectations like taking a jab, never striking a woman or even doing boring shit like which person at home is the first person expected to shovel snow or fix a flat tire or pay for everything on a first date. The guy. Just things we all got to live with.

8bitpill 8bitpill

Are you blind? He literally manhandles her in these videos.

manhandle

verb
man·han·dle ˈman-ˌhan-dᵊl
1 : to handle roughly
2 : to move or manage by human force

He ran because he realized he fucked up and abused her in public this time. Evidence was presented in court that he was a habitual abuser and sent her to the hospital at least once before as well, and yet fools like you completely ignore that fact because "running = innocent". Absolute madness.

In any case, it's done and over with and I applaud the court system for doing its job. Habitual abusers like this piece of shit deserve to be exposed.

Last edited:

8bitpill

I'm sure there is more to this. Our justice system isn't great, but I don't think this is the only evidence.

8bitpill 8bitpill

I've seen those videos.

What it comes down to, he could have just walked away, not grabbed her and forcibly put her back into the vehicle. That was his down fall.

They dated for two years, you get close with someone in that time. You learn to deal with the little inconveniences that come with relations in that time.

I know a lot of people can get to that breaking point and do crazy things, just don't see what she would get out of fracturing her own figure to have more evidence for prosecution. If you've ever fractured or broken anything, it's not something you want to quickly do to yourself.

Top Bottom