• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road "Black & Chrome" Edition - Releasing December 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
this only just came out? I saw it in theaters like a month ago

anyways I think the black and white is good for some scenes but I like the color version better still. maybe some sort of mix would be even better

Video comparison of original vs black and chrome vs 0% saturation of original.

Shows how much work they put into the black and chrome instead of just turning off the saturation.

I'll stick with the colour version, but I can actually see the appeal of the Black and Chrome cut. They did take some time to make sure that it wasn't just a colour desaturation, they did try the separate the blacks and whites somewhat. Though some of it is a bit too high contrast. But it honestly looks cool.

Unicorn

i preordered a couple weeks ago, but it says it's not even shipping until the 12th on Amazon. Are they waiting for more stock, or what?

Minamu

I haven't seen the video comparison posted, but what's the point of this version? Not trying to be inflammatory, I'm just wondering.

I haven't seen the video comparison posted, but what's the point of this version? Not trying to be inflammatory, I'm just wondering.

Fury Road is a huge love letter to old black and white silent films, especially Buster Keaton (it is kind of a spiritual remake of The General in many regards). This is a sort of hat tip to that. (It was originally supposed to not have any dialog in this version as well, though that might be coming later?)

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Saw this version in theaters a few days ago. Pretty cool. The opening and ending scenes were gorgeous. The night scenes were interested. The big chase scenes though I think suffered.

jett

D-Member
Out of curiosity, does this thing have the same garbage generic-ass WB menus from the original BD release?

Can't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down to watch this in black and white?

edit: not trolling; I've always been legitimately confused about this.

Symphonia

Banned
Can't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down to watch this in black and white?
giphy.gif

edit: not trolling; I've always been legitimately confused about this.

The comparison video at the top of the page shows they put in more work. This is not just a black and white version of the original.

So is it true that this version still doesn't let you play the movie with only the score (no dialogue), which was half the fucking point of the thing?

As long as it has the original audio on the first three films not that fucking abomination American redubbed track.

Because that is a deal breaker.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
So is it true that this version still doesn't let you play the movie with only the score (no dialogue), which was half the fucking point of the thing?

Did Miller ever express his desire to do this? Or was it just added on by fans after they heard he wanted a black and white version.

JdFoX187

Banned
Got the High Octane Collection for Christmas, but I still can't believe Warner Bros. wouldn't include a Black and Chrome 4K UHD Blu-ray. They also did the same damn thing with Suicide Squad by putting the extended edition on the blu-ray only.

Simo

They never had time. The B&C took longer than expected just to do the color correction and the bluray and set was released back in October for Europe as well as the CE. They're thinking about another release in 2017 to include the isolated score but we'll see.

What are you referring to? Not caught up on the americanization of the originals. What did they do?

The original release of Mad Max in the states was dubbed With an American track because the distributor was convinced that the Aussie languages wouldn't be understood by US audiences. The film sorta bombed but found a audience on cable tv and home video. When it came to Mad Max 2 they released it with the original dub but there was the issue that since the first film tanked, releasing a sequel might not only confuse audiences since nobody showed up for the first one.

Hence Warner Bros. retitled it from Mad Max 2 to The Road Warrior for US markets, nobody knew it was a sequel to Mad Max until they saw it in theaters and saw the prologue. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom