• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road "Black & Chrome" Edition - Releasing December 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

obin_gam

Great choices for the color grading
tumblr_inline_of8v0llWAX1sypkn8_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_of8v0l0zQC1sypkn8_1280.jpg

They really look chrome

kris.

Banned
wasn't this supposed to get a small re-release in theatres? god i hope that's true and i'm not making things up

Simo

Well...Amazon charged me so I guess I'm getting the Black & Chrome edition as well as the big Octane set on Tuesday.

EDIT: For those wondering about the version with no dialog, it's coming next year. They didn't have time to do it for the B&C version and have just now started tinkering with it.

RPGCrazied

Love this movie, probably won't get the new edition, the steelbook is just fine for me.

Kind of off topic, but can I just say the Mad Max game is freaking awesome? If you like Mad Max in any way, get the game. It's so well done, and just what I thought a Mad Max game would be. Having a lot of fun with it.

Well...Amazon charged me so I guess I'm getting the Black & Chrome edition as well as the big Octane set on Tuesday.

EDIT: For those wondering about the version with no dialog, it's coming next year. They didn't have time to do it for the B&C version and have just now started tinkering with it.
Ugh, I guess I'll wait for the High Octane set 2.0.

Simo

Yeah not sure why but Amazon shipped out my High Octane set so it'll be here today instead of December 6th. lol That's a bit surprising considering it's still listed as December 6th for the set and individual release. I guess that's why the price tag for the big collector's set is so high, early access.. =|

Oh shit they're working on a no dialogue version? I might just hold out until then

Hopefully they re-release the whole set with that disc included

I don't understand the "no dialogue" version. Is Miller going to do a heavy edit deleting scenes where the characters speak and replace them with extra footage where they don't move their lips or what?

Anyways, I think it would be a very very interesting experience to watch it in B&W and no sound either.

gabbo

I don't understand the "no dialogue" version. Is Miller going to do a heavy edit deleting scenes where the characters speak and replace it with extra footage where they don't move their lips or what?

Anyways, I think it would be a very very interesting experience to watch it in B&W and no sound either.

I think he might use title cards.
If they are going to release the 'silent edition', I'm going to hold out for the B&W silent edition release

Koyuga

I'm assuming a lot of remastering goes into the black an white versions, yeah? Cause don't most TV sets already have a black and white mode?

Ridley327

I'm assuming a lot of remastering goes into the black an white versions, yeah? Cause don't most TV sets already have a black and white mode?

Yeah, there's additional color grading and other post-production that goes into crafting the right look. It's more than just adjusting your TV screen.

I think he might use title cards.
If they are going to release the 'silent edition', I'm going to hold out for the B&W silent edition release

Ah I see, yeah it could be.

I also will wait until there is more info about all this.

I already have the Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD versions and while I adore Fury Road, I'd like to buy just one more extra pack, instead of two.

SigSig

Definitely losing some details due to the contrast, but I like the harsh feeling that it is giving to the images.

I'm not so sure about the detail loss, they'd colorgrade the original souce material and not just work on the already graded material, thus they shouldn't get harshly crushed blacks. More contrast doesn't necessarily mean loss of visual information.

I'm not so sure about the detail loss, they'd colorgrade the original souce material and not just work on the already graded material, thus they shouldn't get harshly crushed blacks. More contrast doesn't necessarily mean loss of visual information.

There is definitely a loss of finer detail in the black and chrome, as shown in the video. But, there are certain other subtle things visible in other shots.

It is going to be an intriguing watch when I get it in December. Not shelling out for the crazy set just to get it early.

robosllim

It looks cool, but the colors in this movie were off the charts. I can't imagine preferring this version over that.
That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying the colors made the movie, but they were definitely a big part of the visual package.

PolishQ

There is definitely a loss of finer detail in the black and chrome, as shown in the video. But, there are certain other subtle things visible in other shots.

It is going to be an intriguing watch when I get it in December. Not shelling out for the crazy set just to get it early.

The youtube video uses a lower-quality source (Yahoo trailer) for the Black & Chrome footage.

NR1

Wait... why are people starting to get this now??? I thought the release date was in December?

Black & Chrome is available now on Xbox and on sale for $12. I prefer physical copies but that's $25 and won't be released until Dec 6.

WITNESS!

I bought the film on iTunes before the blu ray hit because I was impatient (and still bought the blu ray), and they just added the Black and Chrome edition to the special features for free. So, if you already owned it on iTunes, you now own the Black and Chrome as well!

Not sure about other services, but so damn jazzed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom