• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakov

Ewv5GQN.jpg

I had a bit of a meltdown dealing with a customer today. They sneezed into their hands twice and then immediately started picking various items up. I asked them to sanitize both their hands and the products they just picked up and put down, while handing them some anti-viral wipes.

As usual, this set the customer off where they accused me of being a liar, rude for suggesting such a thing, stupid, I'm paid to deal with this sort of thing, etc. Was getting the most retarded rebuttals such as "how am I supposed to hold a sneeze" and "Well, in my culture in Europe we don't sneeze into our armpit"

At this point I had enough and lost my shit, let loose, insulted them and their logic, told them to get the fuck out, stormed out myself and smoked a couple cigarettes.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I had a bit of a meltdown dealing with a customer today. They sneezed into their hands twice and then immediately started picking various items up. I asked them to sanitize both their hands and the products they just picked up and put down, while handing them some anti-viral wipes.

As usual, this set the customer off where they accused me of being a liar, rude for suggesting such a thing, stupid, I'm paid to deal with this sort of thing, etc. Was getting the most retarded rebuttals such as "how am I supposed to hold a sneeze" and "Well, in my culture in Europe we don't sneeze into our armpit"

At this point I had enough and lost my shit, let loose, insulted them and their logic, told them to get the fuck out, stormed out myself and smoked a couple cigarettes.
Man it must be so hard to work at retail during these covid times.Fuck those guys, you were amongst the people that helped get food and worked their asses off for us.You deserve praises and recognition, not insults.I remember a frend of mine that works in retail told me he had a karen that bought the entire shelves of shampoo (like 40 bottles) when he told her there was no need to buy that much and that they would probably still had a a good amount of shampoo bottles in the future and she insulted him and spat on him, luckily he had another friend near him that slapped the shit out of her(maybe a bit of an overreaction but he had just lost his father to covid).
Anyway stay strong man , some of us appreciate the work that you provide and are grateful of all the sweat and effort you had during those hard times.

Man it must be so hard to work at retail during these covid times.Fuck those guys, you were amongst the people that helped get food and worked their asses off for us.You deserve praises and recognition, not insults.I remember a frend of mine that works in retail told me he had a karen that bought the entire shelves of shampoo (like 40 bottles) when he told her there was no need to buy that much and that they would probably still had a a good amount of shampoo bottles in the future and she insulted him and spat on him, luckily he had another friend near him that slapped the shit out of her(maybe a bit of an overreaction but he had just lost his father to covid).
Anyway stay strong man , some of us appreciate the work that you provide and are grateful of all the sweat and effort you had during those hard times.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it's been hard for all of us, it's incomprehensible the amount of shitty people there are. Two staff were punched last week; one of them a woman not even 5ft tall, she got punched to the floor (by a guy twice her size may I add) because the customer didn't have quite enough money for the transaction.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member

I don’t envy you. I left retail days before the shops reopened. I know what customers are like round here, and I didn’t want to take any chances with my family’s health based on the hygiene of the dregs of society that live in my town. Luckily I was in a position where I could make that choice.

edit: they never got violent though, they’re just unhygienic. Punching a 5ft woman is cowardly as fuck

Last edited:
I don’t envy you. I left retail days before the shops reopened. I know what customers are like round here, and I didn’t want to take any chances with my family’s health based on the hygiene of the dregs of society that live in my town. Luckily I was in a position where I could make that choice.

edit: they never got violent though, they’re just unhygienic. Punching a 5ft woman is cowardly as fuck

I work inner-city so get all the drunks, druggies and assholes. I'm still limping from an interaction with a thief from a week ago, but he received a swift moving, steel toecap safety boot in return.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I work inner-city so get all the drunks, druggies and assholes. I'm still limping from an interaction with a thief from a week ago, but he received a swift moving, steel toecap safety boot in return.
Retail theft is a waste of time to deal with. My company had a policy of making sure every thief ended up in court, but it didn’t make a difference as repeat offenders know they aren’t getting sent down and it’s merely an occupational hazard. From the staff side of things, over time they eventually made a point of telling people not to put themselves in harm’s way. And that’s what I always told my staff - it’s not worth it. Minimum wage means minimum response, and there’s no reward worth risking your safety over.

That said, I’m glad you got a good kick in. I bet he remembered that one the next day.

BigBooper

I've never seen Demolition man, but it inspires me anyways.

If all restaurants had to be either Taco Bell or Pizza Hut, which would you pick?

I think I'd go with Taco Bell because I haven't been to or eaten from a good Pizza Hut in at least ten years. Occasionally, you run into decent Taco Bell though.

If we were talking late 80s early 90s though, Pizza Hut for sure.

BigBooper

Do you remember that time George Bush puked on the Prime Minister of Japan? That's kind of like that fantasy but in reverse.
I had forgotten about that. I hope the wiki article is right where he told his doctor to just roll him under the table until the dinner was over. Ultimate smooth move trying to play that off lol.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Guinguin has been permed :messenger_tears_of_joy: He toned it down after his initial ban but still made the odd whopper of a post now and then. He should be thankful he lasted so long.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What should I get for dinner in Chicago? It is tempting to go with Portillo’s. Ramen also sounds great.

Edit: Went with Ramen.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Guinguin has been permed :messenger_tears_of_joy: He toned it down after his initial ban but still made the odd whopper of a post now and then. He should be thankful he lasted so long.
Can I address my recent post deletion? I said the timing of Psychonauts 2 was bad because it will be releasing after Ratchet and Clank. I can't be the only ones that see the similarities. Short orangish characters in a comedic light platformer that hails from the days of the PS2. The "thought bubble" mechanic is also highly reminiscent of the "Rift" mechanic from the new Ratchet and Clank. Surely I'm not the first one to make the comparison and won't be the last. I plan to buy Psychonauts 2 and it is coming to Playstation so I don't see how my comment can be considered console warring.

He's not gonna last long is he?

200.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Guinguin seems pretty tame over on the IGN boards. I mean everyone there shit posts a lot because it's kind of the board culture, but I don't remember him console warring like he did here. Granted I probably browse IGN boards a grand total of 20 minutes a month.

haxan7

Banned
Guinguin seems pretty tame over on the IGN boards. I mean everyone there shit posts a lot because it's kind of the board culture, but I don't remember him console warring like he did here. Granted I probably browse IGN boards a grand total of 20 minutes a month.
What is this “ign boards” you speak of

Soodanim

Gold Member
The customer is usually a moron and an asshole
One of my old managers when I worked in retail had a customer ask “What happened to ‘The customers is always right’?” when he was moaning about something and responded with “When have we ever said that?” Perfect reply tbh, people just assume that applies everywhere when at most it’s some restaurants.

Customers are idiots who don’t know laws or regulations, and the ones who are most confident and kick up the most fuss are the ones who are the most wrong.

In the UK it became law to charge for plastic bags, and pretty quickly it spread round Facebook that you couldn’t legally charge people for bags with logos on as it’s advertising. I enjoyed telling people how wrong they were wrong on that one.

Soodanim

Gold Member
and the ones that bring printed papers from the internet to wave in your face.
Fuck, I've never had the pleasure of that one. I think I'd have devoted 5-10 minutes of my day dissecting something like that, it would have been good fun.

Similarly, a little thing I found out before is that UK no business is forced to accept coins in amounts bigger than a standard coin bag for a bank would take. So no more than £1 of 1/2p, £5 of 5/10p, up to £20 of £1/2. Not that businesses would reject pound coins, in my experience. For all those videos you see of people paying in huge bags of 5p coins to make some sort of point, any business receiving that is well within their rights to reject it and not accept the payment. I had too much time on my hands at work.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think Yugioh's videogame legacy at Konami is underrated. It literally came out before Silent Hill. Upon release, Yugioh Duel Monsters on gameboy outsold Crash Bandicoot 3 at launch and outsold Ocarina of Time in Japan. Of the top 40 Gameboy best sellers, 3 are Yugioh games. Its every bit as much a part of Konami as Castlevania or Metal Gear.

Yu-Gi-Oh%21_Forbidden_Memories_Cover.png

And lest you think its just an adaptation of a shonen jump comic, Konami's games actually helped influence the card game itself. For example Konami came up with the ability to set monsters face-down. The card game's evolving rules through the years & the videogames go hand-in-hand.

That is all. Didn't wanna make a whole thread about it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
76 F today with almost no humidity, got to drive with the windows down and sunroof open for the first time in two months.

On the retail tip, after working in it briefly here-and-there back in the day I adopted the strategy of interacting with employees as little as possible and asking only yes or no questions - because that is exactly how I would have preferred things from an employee's perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom