• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So how's everyone doing today?
I’ve got my second cup of what Hilton calls “coffee” but incredibly happy overall. It’s essentially my last day of work for the year and I’m spending all day with the rest of my dept working on a large presentation of our portfolios for the new C-suite that’s coming in Jan. Tomorrow is travel and I am hoping on no cancellation.

The area of HI the Mrs and I are traveling to got flooded this week. I’m hoping for minimal impacts.

Outside of this I’m in the middle of an existential crisis while trying to stay positive about the general state and potential future outcomes of society at large. Just your typical millennial shit, ya know?

But life is good.

Barakov

kEC6Q6a.jpg

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I’ve got my second cup of what Hilton calls “coffee” but incredibly happy overall. It’s essentially my last day of work for the year and I’m spending all day with the rest of my dept working on a large presentation of our portfolios for the new C-suite that’s coming in Jan. Tomorrow is travel and I am hoping on no cancellation.

The area of HI the Mrs and I are traveling to got flooded this week. I’m hoping for minimal impacts.

Outside of this I’m in the middle of an existential crisis while trying to stay positive about the general state and potential future outcomes of society at large. Just your typical millennial shit, ya know?

But life is good.
Let's hope the travel won't be cancelled then.Hey here's a fun fact depressed people tend to have a more accurate perception of reality than happy people.
This is still debated amongst the scientific consensus because there are of course other factor like intelligence being linked to depression which I think speaks volume of our society...The smarter you are the more likely you are to be depressed.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Let's hope the travel won't be cancelled then.Hey here's a fun fact depressed people tend to have a more accurate perception of reality than happy people.
This is still debated amongst the scientific consensus because there are of course other factor like intelligence being linked to depression which I think speaks volume of our society...The smarter you are the more likely you are to be depressed.
I spoke to a guy from Africa in downtown Denver circa 2005. He explained this to me in great detail. I think about it probably 6 times a year. Much more frequently the older I get.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I spoke to a guy from Africa in downtown Denver circa 2005. He explained this to me in great detail. I think about it probably 6 times a year. Much more frequently the older I get.
That's a really interesting topic and I like the approach that one philosopher had on the subject(that sadly I don't remember the name) "The more the mind understand the world, the more it tries to self destruct".
It is a bit akin to how people become crazy after an emotional traumatism it is the only escaping way the mind found so when the trauma becomes unbearable and has to stop the brain will chose the only 2 escaping way that are garanteed losing its grasp on reality on removing itself from the reality.
I admit I have been on the edge of the latter several times in my life but for other reasons.But yeah I can understand why when facing an apparently unsolvable problem the mind can chose to negate everything.

Thaedolus

That's a really interesting topic and I like the approach that one philosopher had on the subject(that sadly I don't remember the name) "The more the mind understand the world, the more it tries to self destruct".
It is a bit akin to how people become crazy after an emotional traumatism it is the only escaping way the mind found so when the trauma becomes unbearable and has to stop the brain will chose the only 2 escaping way that are garanteed losing its grasp on reality on removing itself from the reality.
I admit I have been on the edge of the latter several times in my life but for other reasons.But yeah I can understand why when facing an apparently unsolvable problem the mind can chose to negate everything.
I didn’t know I needed Oscar the Grouch’s backstory but I’m in

T8SC

Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City didn't last long in theatres, 6 days it seems at most venues. Looking through the Vue website, there's only a select few cinema's with screenings next week and not many time slots.

Must've been a massive bomb.

Peggies

Gold Member
Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City didn't last long in theatres, 6 days it seems at most venues. Looking through the Vue website, there's only a select few cinema's with screenings next week and not many time slots.

Must've been a massive bomb.
Well that's sad. I was really looking forward to it. Gonna watch it anyway.

T8SC

Well that's sad. I was really looking forward to it. Gonna watch it anyway.

I was meant to go tonight but that fell through, so I went to look at next week and ... zip, zilch, nada, nope.

It came out last Friday and ended tonight. Wtf is that about.

Tschumi

I've got a ps5 coming on Monday.. funny thing is, i think I'd still be happy with the ps3 i had before the ps4 pro I've just replaced if i hadn't been on this forum :p

I shan't mention the XSS on the shelf above the ps5 slot

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Work laptop finally came in. Pretty decent. I didn't know these new Lenovo 2-in-1's had biometrics (fingerprint scanner) so that's nice. Also manages to be lighter than my old Macbook Pro. Feels faster running Windows 11 too.

Star-Lord

So much for painting the town red. It’s more of a beige colour. Was out with a couple of the lads from work, one of their wives called, and he went straight back home like the under-the-thumb prick he is, leaving me with the awkward, but still a good friend, other guy. He’s not too much of a party animal so he went home too. Now I’m sat in a pub contemplating my next move.

Tschumi

So much for painting the town red. It’s more of a beige colour. Was out with a couple of the lads from work, one of their wives called, and he went straight back home like the under-the-thumb prick he is, leaving me with the awkward, but still a good friend, other guy. He’s not too much of a party animal so he went home too. Now I’m sat in a pub contemplating my next move.
When you play local co-op these problems don't happen mate, awkward one becomes a lion and there's every chance the other mate forgets he even owns a phone!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My GAF Gold ran out. Kept browsing, reminding myself to renew later. Thing is - I don't mind the ads. They are unusually well targeted. I already followed one and purchased a new German-made watch, and am considering ordering a reclaimed wood office desk from another advertiser. I feel like the narrator from Fight Club pre condo blow out.

Soodanim

My GAF Gold ran out. Kept browsing, reminding myself to renew later. Thing is - I don't mind the ads. They are unusually well targeted. I already followed one and purchased a new German-made watch, and am considering ordering a reclaimed wood office desk from another advertiser. I feel like the narrator from Fight Club pre condo blow out.
I am Jack’s acceptance of targeted ads

Tschumi

Shopping from pop up adverts.. i can't imagine such a thing.. yegads... Looks like I'll have to buy a 5ft long pillow with an anime character printed on it...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Top Bottom