• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
3fc51787-7c7c-4d4d-ba61-8e33adc77e2a-jpeg.866906
A dog or a human?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
RANT TIME!

During lockdown I got super depressed and while I did all the work I had to do and did it well, my vpn log shows a deficit of over 100 hours.

I thought I’d be fired but what happened is that my boss and the department boss got chewed by HR and I was given the opportunity to fix it by doing overtime. They notified during the last week of November so that means I have to compensate it to the tune of 100 hours in December. Yay.

My department boss is pissed and my direct boss is pissed so I’m going to be in dog jail for awhile. Also, no free time in December yay.

END OF RANT

Thaedolus

RANT TIME!

During lockdown I got super depressed and while I did all the work I had to do and did it well, my vpn log shows a deficit of over 100 hours.

I thought I’d be fired but what happened is that my boss and the department boss got chewed by HR and I was given the opportunity to fix it by doing overtime. They notified during the last week of November so that means I have to compensate it to the tune of 100 hours in December. Yay.

My department boss is pissed and my direct boss is pissed so I’m going to be in dog jail for awhile. Also, no free time in December yay.

END OF RANT
They log your VPN time? What the hell kind of metric is that?

Thaedolus

Probably hours, minutes & seconds.
I guess I have no idea the kind of job that would track that time. I’m only on VPN if I need access to network drives, but sometimes I leave it on overnight or something, so there’s no correlation to how much I’m working…and I’m salaried so hours aren’t tracked at all.

Star-Lord

Is this why you don't like sex? Because of an old intimate relationship with some cheese fondue?

giphy.gif
I have experimented with food in the bedroom with both men and women, and while it’s not something I’d do again, I can safely say it’s not the reason I don’t do sex anymore. Not that a sex-related injury would put me off cheese. I fucking love me some cheese.

nush

RANT TIME!

END OF RANT

Time to install the mouse jiggler software.

nush

That’s what I took away from it. Seems like a major flaw in the system if that’s the case. I’d exploit the shit out of it.

Having often worked remotely for companies outside of China I made exploitation of the system an artform. One time I even went on Vacation for a week, that nobody knew about. All you had to do was answer the emails promptly, and for most of your day the people that sent them were asleep so we're not sending them. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sitting in the hot springs with my girlfriend and getting paid. Good times.

Tschumi

Actually many times, I'd just be playing Xbox most of the day with my email alert tone on my PC set really loud so I'd hear it and reply back ASAP.

200.gif
I wish my job was email based, it's painfully obvious if you don't put any time into Architecture work, fml. I have to rely on an ersatz sense of getting paid for my talent.. it's a flaccid take

Last edited:

nush

I wish my job was email based, it's painfully obvious if you don't put any time into Architecture work, fml. I have to rely on an ersatz sense of getting paid for my talent.. it's a flaccid take

I still needed to go out and make site visits, I just didn't need to go out each day on the whim of someone sending the Email to have a meeting about whatever minor issue of the moment was.

Star-Lord

I still needed to go out and make site visits, I just didn't need to go out each day on the whim of someone sending the Email to have a meeting about whatever minor issue of the moment was.
Your job sounds hella similar to mine. The majority of my ‘work’ is done via phone calls or Zoom conferences, with the odd on-site visit maybe once or twice a week to make sure our ‘clients’ are having their needs met. Other than that, it’s sat behind a laptop screen all day.

nush

Your job sounds hella similar to mine. The majority of my ‘work’ is done via phone calls or Zoom conferences, with the odd on-site visit maybe once or twice a week to make sure our ‘clients’ are having their needs met. Other than that, it’s sat behind a laptop screen all day.

Most 40 hour work weeks don't actually have 40 hours of actual work to fill them. In a lot of cases the job is looking busy while not having anything to do.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
RANT TIME!

END OF RANT

I'm glad we only have to record time in our service management app. I'd hate if my employer tracked my hours over WVD or VPN or whatever. Sheesh. Sorry bro.

Top Bottom