• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
welp that’s my 3 year old’s bed, the baby’s crib, and then our bed that have been puked in over the last 12 hours. Also my first experience trying to teach a kid that when our tummy feels icky, we can use a big bowl by the bed or try to get to the toilet.

Whatever the fuck we all got isn’t too nice

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The best is when someone posts the meme with Cersei…it wasn’t she who said it, it was Old Nan or whoever that lady is that tries to scare Bran.
ekyuGepgijBi0tLMQ9oA0FiEoMNvB4xxTxK9ZblHYy8.jpg

Ionian

You were only one of them. It was someone else who set me off. Don't mind me. I'm teetering today.

Myself and my mate used to collapse singing;

'Don't push me, because I'm close to the, edge.
I'm trying, not to, lose my hair'.

"Huh-huh-huh."

I wonder what year he finally started thinning and had to rent afros ala Soul-Train. Speaking of which, Stevie aged gracefully (with help no doubt) and an aside seeing him live is an absolute must for a fan of any music. Mesmerizing.

Ah to be a kid again. Classic tune, still can't hear it without those lyrics to this day and still makes me smile, oddly fitting even for the time. Quality, especially with the cover with the beat-box and antenna like all beat-boxes had.

Bonus: Always had a soft-spot for this soap-actress song. Just funky beyond belief and came out of nowhere. The rest were shit though.

Ionian

"Oh my sweet summer child" is the worst phrase in human language. I've seen it used on here three times in the past two days.

Yet that is because old naan is calling Bran a naive gobshite as "Winter is Coming", family crest.

And it did! And then went "poof!".

Christ knows what the catch-phrases for a 'A Dream Of Spring' will be.

'Summer shall be Dorne once again yet the Blackstar shall rise once again to try to conquer'. 'He of the night!', yet also those summer nights. DM's are open HBO.

*crickets*

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
One of the couches, my wife’s favorite sports hoodie and comfy pants, and yes even the dog have joined the vomit cleanup queue after that last one. Jesus Christ I’m on my way to get some pedialyte and might just have a brief pause in my booze vacation while I’m at it.

kiddo: we’re all sick aren’t we mommy?
wife: yeah
kiddo sits up and: blaaaaaahhhhhh

So much for the bowl chat

Tschumi

One of the couches, my wife’s favorite sports hoodie and comfy pants, and yes even the dog have joined the vomit cleanup queue after that last one. Jesus Christ I’m on my way to get some pedialyte and might just have a brief pause in my booze vacation while I’m at it.

puke throws up GIF

BigBooper

When I was about 5 or so my brother and I wanted to "camp" in the living room so we got out our sleeping bags and played video games and slept. I woke up with my feet soaking wet with goop. Somehow, i'd crawled into my sleeping bag and vomited in the bottom of it, probably from overheating from being cocooned in a sleeping bag since I wasn't sick otherwise. Then I crawled back to the top of the sleeping bag and went back to sleep until I woke up. The smell that morning...

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

Thaedolus

Gold Member
When I was about 5 or so my brother and I wanted to "camp" in the living room so we got out our sleeping bags and played video games and slept. I woke up with my feet soaking wet with goop. Somehow, i'd crawled into my sleeping bag and vomited in the bottom of it, probably from overheating from being cocooned in a sleeping bag since I wasn't sick otherwise. Then I crawled back to the top of the sleeping bag and went back to sleep until I woke up. The smell that morning...

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit
If you didn’t get the dog then my kid is outperforming these rookie numbers

nush

Gold Member

EvenGlamorousHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Ionian

If you didn’t get the dog then my kid is outperforming these rookie numbers

Had a dog. I was in seriously trouble for some shit in school and wanted to avoid going in.

Had a brilliant idea, got dressed in uniform, ate cornflakes. Induced vomiting on the kitchen tiles (disgusting I know but for proof of sickness), woke my Mother to say I was too ill for school and come downstairs to check out my vomit.

There was nothing, the floor was clean, the dog had eaten it when I'd gone upstairs to wake her. I was so angry at the dog. Mother thought I was a nut-case and off I went to school on an empty stomach. I got whatever detention/suspension/exam that I was trying to avoid.

I never shared my cornflakes ever again. Probably posted that before but still makes me angrily laugh thinking about it.

Dog did the guilty eyes though so was hard to be angry despite being starving

Griffon

I don't know if it's pure fanboyism (which honestly I kinda doubt) or a just a metric fuckton of astroturfing, or a good dose of both. But I'm fucking sick of Gamepass being pushed left right and center by random accounts all the fucking time.
It reminds me of the time during the Xbox One DRM scandal, there were soooo many plants defending it, it was fucking nuts.

Between that and the Cyberpunk astroturfer outing himself, I think I'm pretty much done with forums and neogaf in particular, I feel like there's like barely half of the posters who aren't on someone's payroll.

This shit should be legit criminalized. And I bet the reality on the web is much much worse when you're touching on delicate subjects like politics and real life issues.

nush

Gold Member
I don't know if it's pure fanboyism (which honestly I kinda doubt) or a just a metric fuckton of astroturfing, or a good dose of both. But I'm fucking sick of Gamepass being pushed left right and center by random accounts all the fucking time.

It's Netflix for gaming and only (So far) only one platform has that. It's a magnet for fanboys and other Platform owning haters. Just ignore those topics if it's not something of interest to you.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It reminds me of the time during the Xbox One DRM scandal, there were soooo many plants defending it, it was fucking nuts.

Between that and the Cyberpunk astroturfer outing himself, I think I'm pretty much done with forums and neogaf in particular, I feel like there's like barely half of the posters who aren't on someone's payroll.

This shit should be legit criminalized. And I bet the reality on the web is much much worse when you're touching on delicate subjects like politics and real life issues.

I dunno man that sounds kinda conspiratorial. I think Gamepass has gotten a ton of good press and good will from gamers because it’s actually an amazing deal, at least right now. I think it’s pretty amazing and I don’t even own an Xbox at the moment, I just use it for PC.

Tschumi

It's not that they're paid, it's that they've allowed themselves to become indoctrinated.

.....my PS5 speaks to me... Told me to eat more veggies... Praise it...

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member

Make good use of the ignore feature and suddenly that goes away. Ignore threads and members with reckless abandon until your forum experience is tailored to your tastes

Which AstroTurfer? I missed that

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Make good use of the ignore feature and suddenly that goes away. Ignore threads and members with reckless abandon until your forum experience is tailored to your tastes
I don’t go too crazy on the ignore button, but I did make a choice not too long ago to start using it.

GAF is getting bigger everyday, and naturally we are seeing more trolls and console warriors creating bait threads and infecting otherwise genuine threads, and the whole “ignore button is for pussies” stance is starting to fall apart.

There are just too many of them, and even when I try to engage in civil discussion, they either don’t respond because they never had any intention to have a genuine discussion, or they just double down on their position without actually debating and trying to understand a different perspective.

I will always try to engage in discussion before going to the ignore button, but once I see someone posting or infecting multiple threads, I’ll just go ahead to hit ignore and move on with my life.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I don’t go too crazy on the ignore button, but I did make a choice not too long ago to start using it.

GAF is getting bigger everyday, and naturally we are seeing more trolls and console warriors creating bait threads and infecting otherwise genuine threads, and the whole “ignore button is for pussies” stance is starting to fall apart.

There are just too many of them, and even when I try to engage in civil discussion, they either don’t respond because they never had any intention to have a genuine discussion, or they just double down on their position without actually debating and trying to understand a different perspective.

I will always try to engage in discussion before going to the ignore button, but once I see someone posting or infecting multiple threads, I’ll just go ahead to hit ignore and move on with my life.
I cleared my member ignore list about a year ago and haven’t added anyone since. If I blocked every idiot the entire internet would be me and 50 other people, so I just keep scrolling and don’t engage most of them. Most. Can’t help myself sometimes.

Kev Kev

I cleared my member ignore list about a year ago and haven’t added anyone since. If I blocked every idiot the entire internet would be me and 50 other people, so I just keep scrolling and don’t engage most of them. Most. Can’t help myself sometimes.
the problem is if i dont hit the ignore button on people that arent engaging in civil discourse, then ill forget about them, and 6 months later theyll pop up in some other thread, and i wont remember them so ill try to engage, and and the cycle continues. add dozens and dozens of trolls and warriors onto that, and it makes it even harder to keep track of who i shouldnt waste my time engaging with.

the ignore button is essentially a function to help me not waste my time on disingenuous posters (ie trolls and warriors)

TheContact

Had jury duty yesterday and today. Got chosen somehow despite where I work and the case was about indecent assault and battery to a child under 14. (She was 6). Allegedly he played a game where it forced her to grab his penis multiple times. It was he said she said. The prosecutor sucked. Like sucked so bad I think she threw the case on purpose. Her opening and closing statements were repeated almost verbatim and she asked 0 cross examination questions. Someone who likely molested a 6yo got off because the prosecution didn’t want to spend any time preparing the case. I felt like we gave the correct verdict according to the law but feel unfulfilled because of the lack of information we had to work with because the prosecutor did so little to even ask basic questions. I also realized just how inefficient our legal system is. Sorry just needed to vent

Tschumi

Had jury duty yesterday and today. Got chosen somehow despite where I work and the case was about indecent assault and battery to a child under 14. (She was 6). Allegedly he played a game where it forced her to grab his penis multiple times. It was he said she said. The prosecutor sucked. Like sucked so bad I think she threw the case on purpose. Her opening and closing statements were repeated almost verbatim and she asked 0 cross examination questions. Someone who likely molested a 6yo got off because the prosecution didn’t want to spend any time preparing the case. I felt like we gave the correct verdict according to the law but feel unfulfilled because of the lack of information we had to work with because the prosecutor did so little to even ask basic questions. I also realized just how inefficient our legal system is. Sorry just needed to vent
That's an eye opener, thanks for sharing man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom