• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Saw these clouds an thought about you all, dunno why.
ya9gedu2foe81.jpg

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Started up Psychonauts 2 because it’s on GamePass, older child has switched from demanding we play Mario to demanding we play Raz.

It’s more fun than just putting on Disney+ though, kiddo copies my inputs on a PS3 controller to help me. Yoshi’s Island on the CRT is also fun for games that look like cartoons.

But I’m most proud when it’s “let’s play Samus!”

nush

But I’m most proud when it’s “let’s play Samus!”

I was proud when my son said "Let's play GTS!"" (GTA). He then picked up on Wasted, without knowing it's a meme because he's not allowed to go free range on the internet. We'd be out in the town and he's mock bump into things and fall down and shout WASTED! :messenger_tears_of_joy: He slipped on the wet bathroom floor got up and said "Dad, did you see that? I got wasted!"

Tschumi

I was proud when my son said "Let's play GTS!"" (GTA). He then picked up on Wasted, without knowing it's a meme because he's not allowed to go free range on the internet. We'd be out in the town and he's mock bump into things and fall down and shout WASTED! :messenger_tears_of_joy: He slipped on the wet bathroom floor got up and said "Dad, did you see that? I got wasted!"
Cute, but pump the brakes on it or he'll end up like those Russian dudes who run around on skyscraper roofs and fall off :messenger_grinning_sweat:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've seen people make their kids a sugar sandwich before, but never tried a toast sandwich. I would have thought in the UK they'd call it a toast burger. Gotta try it.
As a kid, my mom used to make me butter and sugar sandwiches. Looking back that was weird as hell. I dont think I ever made it myself as a kid, but if mom made me a snack it would be this. And as a kid you dont know any better so I just ate it. Not toasted either.

I hadnt thought of that sandwich until this thread. Last time I ate it was probably like 1985!

nush

As a kid, my mom used to make me butter and sugar sandwiches. Looking back that was weird as hell. I dont think I ever made it myself as a kid, but if mom made me a snack it would be this. And as a kid you dont know any better so I just ate it. Not toasted either.

I hadnt thought of that sandwich until this thread. Last time I ate it was probably like 1985!

That's the proper struggle food you'd make for yourself as a kid when there was nothing in the refrigerator. Sugar sandwiches, Ketchup sandwiches or raisin sandwiches.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Shit I saw something that made fun of United Kingdomers but somehow it turned into everyone on the struggle bus…

Look we had some lean years growing up but we never put toast on bread with salt and pepper

Tschumi

You ever get sent to preschool with a hand me down girl bike with pink tassels and shit?
First bike i ever got... A Canberra raiders themed bmx-slash-shite bike with a green frame and yellow wheels, also second hand, i felt great riding it to school... Everyone laughed and tried to ping me with basketballs as i scurried to the bike park... Yet another in a long line of reasons why i hate my home country and prefer any of the other countries in grew up in :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

nush

because my mom sent me there

Parents fucking their kids shit up when sending them to school happens so much. Like, "Let me send out out with a massive target on you for bullying because I lack any awareness of how brutal young kids can be to each other". Probably because those parents never experienced any of that because your grandparents understood conformity.

Star-Lord

You ever get sent to preschool with a hand me down girl bike with pink tassels and shit?
Not quite that bad, but my lunchbox was just a transparent Tupperware tub, and my pencil case was non-existent. I carried my pen, pencil, ruler, and a small selection of coloured pencils together in my pocket, bound by a rubber band. Nothing screamed “I’M POOR” like that.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I wasn’t allowed to play in the snow in preschool because my mom sent me there without a snowsuit. It’s a memory that still haunts me to this day. I wish I was being funny.
I got sent to school without a costume two years in a row on Halloween, and they had everyone go stand up on a stage to show off their costumes. So the kid in front of me was a ghostbuster, then there was me in just plain clothes, then a kid in a shark costume behind me…

And that wasn’t because we were poor, just when you’re the youngest your parents stop caring

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If you want to lose even more faith in humanity watch that guy's channel.
This is my greatest personal fear and sincerely makes me want to nuke the entirety of humanity from existence. It's disgusting and platforms like YT should not allow these people the exposure they are getting. Mental and physical illness on display . This is the sideshow circus oddities of our day.

This is my greatest personal fear and sincerely makes me want to nuke the entirety of humanity from existence. It's disgusting and platforms like YT should not allow these people the exposure they are getting. Mental and physical illness on display . This is the sideshow circus oddities of our day.
It basically amounts to nothing more than weird fringe fetish content.

The sadder thing surrounding Mr. Avocado is that he'll likely die due to pushing his YT content to the extreme. Seeing the almighty algorithm push this content is dangerous and disturbing and I don't know why he isn't seeking help for his eating disorder.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I hate cancel culture as much as the next reasonable person but this guy is a menace.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It basically amounts to nothing more than weird fringe fetish content.

The sadder thing surrounding Mr. Avocado is that he'll likely die due to pushing his YT content to the extreme. Seeing the almighty algorithm push this content is dangerous and disturbing and I don't know why he isn't seeking help for his eating disorder.
Not just his own health. Imagine how many young kids are going to grow up doing exactly what he does because they want his "celebrity" status.

I hate cancel culture as much as the next reasonable person but this guy is a menace.
Someone slowly killing themselves is such a fucked up thing to sit and expose yourself to. If I'm YT, the last thing I would want on my platform is suicide videos or taking advantage of someone's poor mental/physical health. There should be something in the TOS about that.

Top Bottom