• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

TJLFvNv.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That’s pretty much the life of this uncle and his wife now that they’re retired. They’ve got a big ass nice air stream, a Cummins 2500 to pull it with and all the time in the world to just explore. I want to emulate that life…

For a moment I thought maybe we're talking about the same guy, but he just checked in on social media and he and his wife are in some Indian reservation up north from the Grand Canyon.

Thaedolus

For a moment I thought maybe we're talking about the same guy, but he just checked in on social media and he and his wife are in some Indian reservation up north from the Grand Canyon.
This uncle retired from the army about 5 years ago or so. The wife retired maybe 2 years ago, which was when they started their boondocking adventures with the air stream. Their old tent trailer is actually the one we’ve had the last ten years, but this is our last season with it, need something bigger with a shitter and a shower

*Nightwing

Lifting weights and general coitus are both indoor sheltered activities and a great representation of the hypocrisy of California and it’s supposed love of the outdoors and nature… go outside and have orgies like the real people of Florida

#eastcoastbestcoast

So, explain this to me. If people messaging me telling me to go fuck my self (after apparently getting post deleted where dude was calling me a prick for no reason) isn't worth a ban or a warning, does it mean if I start doing that I'll get away with it?

I just get a feeling that if I did that I would get banned again. I never insult anyone and I keep getting banned, I hardly even troll anyone at this point.

Last edited:

nush

So, explain this to me. If people messaging me telling me to go fuck my self (after apparently getting post deleted where dude was calling me a prick for no reason) isn't worth a ban or a warning, does it mean if I start doing that I'll get away with it?

I just get a feeling that if I did that I would get banned again. I never insult anyone and I keep getting banned, I hardly even troll anyone at this point.
Did you report the message?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Does anyone have any friends who are awful conversationalists? If so, how do you deal with it? Do you just suck it up and continue to have long boring conversations with them? One of my friends LOVES to talk. Like, if I don't interrupt and go "Ok, gotta get going now, he'll go on for over 2 hours"

Just an example of what a convo is like. I'll get a text "Should I buy ____ game?"
Me: I liked it, I'd get it
Him: Yeah, but do you think I'd like it though?
Me: I don't know, you know your tastes better than me
Him: Hmmm... debating on whether or not to get it. What system should I get it for if I get it?
Me: Whatever system you use most
Him: Yeah, but maybe I should buy it on whatever system it would be rarest
Me: Just get it on whatever system you like best
Him: So I shouldn't care about what console it gets rarest on?
Me: I don't know, up to you
Him: Should I buy more than one?
Me: I don't know, maybe buy one extra in cases it increases in value and keep it sealed.
Him: Buy just one? How about more than one?

You get the basic premise. That will go on for a while long.

Then 10 minutes after the text back and forth the phone will ring. I answer it. Him: "Ok, let's figure out what I'm gonna do about this game"
Me silently: "omg...."

And it'll basically be what we talked about in the text for another 2 hours if I don't cut it short.

But I don't want to be a dick and not respond to texts or calls.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

RVqRxy9.gif

Edit: after less than 24 hours I revise my advice and grab the popcorn:
ThF7FEx.gif

xjEuhdU.gif

Does anyone have any friends who are awful conversationalists? If so, how do you deal with it? Do you just suck it up and continue to have long boring conversations with them? One of my friends LOVES to talk. Like, if I don't interrupt and go "Ok, gotta get going now, he'll go on for over 2 hours"

Just an example of what a convo is like. I'll get a text "Should I buy ____ game?"
Him: Hmmm... debating on whether or not to get it. What system should I get it for if I get it?
Me: I don't know, maybe buy one extra in cases it increases in value and keep it sealed.

Then 10 minutes after the text back and forth the phone will ring. I answer it. Him: "Ok, let's figure out what I'm gonna do about this game"

And it'll basically be what we talked about in the text for another 2 hours if I don't cut it short.

Yes I have, unfortunately don’t have a good awnser for you. I changed my number and ghosted them but that’s why I invest in burner phones but I digress… next time they call I suggest:
bP0qNq1.gif

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Does he smoke weed? Sounds like he's high and just wants someone to talk to.

Thaedolus

I don’t think the mods are actively patrolling DMs, so if you don’t report it they’ve got no way to know what’s happening

nush

Stop replying to the texts when you can see where it's going and also stop making yourself so available. He'll just move to the next person who'll give him the attention he wants.

teezzy

Banned

Go fuck yourself

So put the guy on ignore. It's not hard.
That's not the point. Is that sort of behavior considered acceptable? I get banned for mentioning how long Phil Spencer has been the head of Xbox or for making some harmless joke yet people get always with insulting people out of nowhere then sending PMs with even more insults?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That's not the point. Is that sort of behavior considered acceptable? I get banned for mentioning how long Phil Spencer has been the head of Xbox or for making some harmless joke yet people get always with insulting people out of nowhere then sending PMs with even more insults?
What would make the situation right for you?

What would make the situation right for you?
I just don't understand the double standard, if it was me doing this I would be banned. I never did anything as bad as this yet people get always with doing it makes no sense to me.

Going out of your way to insult people going as far as sending PMs to insult people to me seems like a much worse behavior than anything I ever done.

edit: just noticed that everybody doing it is a gold member... that explains it. Ridiculous, mods don't even try to hide how biased they are. When I report people for insulting me, mods use the opportunity to insult me. What the worse thing I ever done? Some joke about 8 Teraflops... that somehow makes it ok for mods and people protected by the mods to blatantly insult me out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I just don't understand the double standard, if it was me doing this I would be banned. I never did anything as bad as this yet people get always with doing it makes no sense to me.

Going out of your way to insult people going as far as sending PMs to insult people to me seems like a much worse behavior than anything I ever done.

edit: just noticed that everybody doing it is a gold member... that explains it.
It's impossible to weigh in when you are not giving concert posts to compare. People interpret things differently and I would venture to guess that's the root of it.

I don't think being a gold member grants any immunity, especially when there is a potential of the gold being gifted.

It's impossible to weigh in when you are not giving concert posts to compare. People interpret things differently and I would venture to guess that's the root of it.

I don't think being a gold member grants any immunity, especially when there is a potential of the gold being gifted.
Some weird guy incapable of properly understanding what was being discussed got offended by something I never even said, then started calling me names, send me MPs telling me to go fuck myself. What else is there to even explain?

Mods answer is that I should ear the respect back or some other nonsense like that. Yet if I'm too mean to Xbox or Phil Spencer I get banned, happened countless times already.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ridiculous, mods don't even try to hide how biased they are. When I report people for insulting me, mods use the opportunity to insult me. What the worse thing I ever done? Some joke about 8 Teraflops... that somehow makes it ok for mods and people protected by the mods to blatantly insult me out of nowhere.
Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Some weird guy incapable of properly understanding what was being discussed got offended by something I never even said, then started calling me names, send me MPs telling me to go fuck myself. What else is there to even explain?

Mods answer is that I should ear the respect back or some other nonsense like that. Yet if I'm too mean to Xbox I get banned, happened countless times already.
Can you link and screenshot what you are talking about?

Can you link and screenshot what you are talking about?
insult.png

The guy got this mad because I said that the lack of expectation for a price cut in the future is an incentive for people to buy a product now instead of waiting. I was answering to some other guy that was saying that the expectation of a future price cut is an incentive for people to buy the product on release, something that doesn't make any sense. This 22.22 user couldn't understand what was being discussed and got mad.

The type of mods messages I get: "Put him on ignore", "You are a known console warrior. You want people to give you respect? Earn it back."

Again, I never insulted anybody, that was never one of the reasons I was banned.

My bans as far as I remember were an initial completely absurd one just because I was being to down on Phil Spencer then the last one for bringing up old stuff that Xbox fans used to say to make fun of it. How isn't insulting other users directly not worse than that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom