• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
insult.png

The type of mods messages I get: "Put him on ignore", "You are a known console warrior. You want people to give you respect? Earn it back."

Again, I never insulted anybody, that was never the reason I was banned.
22:22:22 22:22:22 is the homie. In this case, I do agree that ignore is the solution. English isn't his native language so I assume there's probably just some misunderstanding driving the dialog. Also, go fuck yourself can be a term of endearment.

You seem stressed out. It might be best to avoid console threads for a while, man. Detox that shit out of your system. Check out the Pics That Make You Laugh thread.

22:22:22 22:22:22 is the homie. In this case, I do agree that ignore is the solution. English isn't his native language so I assume there's probably just some misunderstanding driving the dialog. Also, go fuck yourself can be a term of endearment.

You seem stressed out. It might be best to avoid console threads for a while, man. Detox that shit out of your system. Check out the Pics That Make You Laugh thread.
English ain't my native language either, it never stopped mods from banning me.

I'm not stressed out at all, I just think it's ultra lame that I have to watch out for everything I say while other users get a way with insulting other members out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
English ain't my native language either, it never stopped mods from banning me.

I'm not stressed out at all, I just think it's ultra lame that I have to watch out for everything I say while other users get a way with insulting other members out of nowhere.
There's an intensity to your posts that maybe aren't so clear from your perspective. I would recommend having someone proof read your writing from time to time to help dial it back. I have this problem as well, so no judgement here. I did some education on Emotional Intelligence to help me craft my writing in a more digestible manner. Sometimes just taking a few hours between writing and sending helps as well, especially if I am heated in the moment.

There's an intensity to your posts that maybe aren't so clear from your perspective. I would recommend having someone proof read your writing from time to time to help dial it back. I have this problem as well, so no judgement here. I did some education on Emotional Intelligence to help me craft my writing in a more digestible manner. Sometimes just taking a few hours between writing and sending helps as well, especially if I am heated in the moment.
I'll have to disagree there. Do you have an example of me doing that? I don't hold back when I talk about games, why should I? Who cares? That's very different from insulting people out of nowhere and then doubling down on it.

I don't mind the insults themselves the only thing that bothers me is knowing that if I did the same I would be instantly banned.

Now, if we can all agree that's fair games to insult people over PM or even insult people openly then I have some messages to write to my dear friend Adamsapple.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'll have to disagree there. Do you have an example of me doing that? I don't hold back when I talk about games, why should I? Who cares? That's very different from insulting people out of nowhere and then doubling down on it.
Everything you've posted in the last page is my example.

Why should you hold back? Well so you don't get banned. Who cares? Everyone that uses the site.

If toning it down is not an option, then I suspect you will get a perm ban eventually. You strike me as the type that would create a bunch of fake accounts with usernames that insult the mods & staff. U-ban-bcoz-ur-cock-is-tin and the like.

Everything you've posted in the last page is my example.

Why should you hold back? Well so you don't get banned. Who cares? Everyone that uses the site.

If toning it down is not an option, then I suspect you will get a perm ban eventually. You strike me as the type that would create a bunch of fake accounts with usernames that insult the mods & staff. U-ban-bcoz-ur-cock-is-tin and the like.
Again, tone down what? How am I intense for being unsatisfied with the double standard displayed by mods?

People get always with trolling way more than I get always with being "intense". I could be disingenuous too, say things I don't mean or write the opposite of what I think like so many users seem to do.

Insulting people should be considered a lot worse than being overly critical of something game related. You can be overly critical of EA or TLoU on the forum but if you do the same thing about Phil Spencer or the Series S you get banned. How does that make any sense?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Again, tone down what? How am I intense for being unsatisfied with the double standard displayed by mods?

People get always with trolling way more than I get always with being "intense". I could be disingenuous too, say things I don't mean or write the opposite of what I think like so many users seem to do.

Insulting people should be considered a lot worse than being overly critical of something game related. You can be overly critical of EA or TLoU on the forum but if you do the same thing about Phil Spencer or the Series S you get banned.
I agree that the vitriol around TLoU around here is over the top, but it’s also (usually) focused on the content/quality of the game itself and not extrapolated into digs against something like PlayStation studios in general or Jim Ryan or whatever. That’s basically the line that you’re crossing by going after Spencer or the console itself; people are being hyper critical about a game vs trying to dunk on a platform. The latter is really getting into console warrior territory and no adult has time for that shit.

Last edited:
I agree that the vitriol around TLoU around here is over the top, but it’s also (usually) focused on the content/quality of the game itself and not extrapolated into digs against something like PlayStation studios in general or Jim Ryan or whatever. That’s basically the line that you’re crossing by going after Spencer or the console itself; people are being hyper critical about a game vs trying to dunk on a platform. The latter is really getting into console warrior territory and no adult has time for that shit.
You easily get away with criticizing the hardware of the Switch, good luck doing the same with the Series S here. Same thing with Jim Ryan, Tim Sweeney or whoever, it's open season on them but I once got banned for stating a fact about Phil Spencer (in this case simply how long ago he was made the head of MS Studios).

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You easily get away with criticizing the hardware of the Switch, good luck doing the same with the Series S here. Same thing with Jim Ryan, Tim Sweeney or whoever, it's open season on them but I once got banned for stating a fact about Phil Spencer (in this case simply how long ago he was made the head of MS Studios).
I highly doubt you’ll get actioned against for having a reasoned criticism of the Series S hardware where it makes sense to bring it up. Where you’ll probably run into trouble is if you’re bringing it up out of nowhere in a topic that has little if anything to do with it, or if that’s like the only thing you’re contributing to multiple threads. I’m guessing you’re lumping things together which aren’t actually the same and thinking there’s more inconsistency than there is. And even still, some inconsistencies are unavoidable, mods are human and sometimes judgment calls are made and you just gotta roll with it man.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

All right, here we go. Bolding will be my own for emphasis. Underlining is me pointing out the absolutism
So, explain this to me. If people messaging me telling me to go fuck my self (after apparently getting post deleted where dude was calling me a prick for no reason) isn't worth a ban or a warning, does it mean if I start doing that I'll get away with it?

I just get a feeling that if I did that I would get banned again. I never insult anyone and I keep getting banned, I hardly even troll anyone at this point.
Where did someone call you a prick for no reason. Link to the post.
If someone crosses a line with you, gets reported, but no ban occurs, I would assume there is more to the story.
'Hardly even troll anyone'... interesting choice of words. Perhaps this is why people respond to you with this perceived hostility?

That's not the point. Is that sort of behavior considered acceptable? I get banned for mentioning how long Phil Spencer has been the head of Xbox or for making some harmless joke yet people get always with insulting people out of nowhere then sending PMs with even more insults?
Yeah, I doubt you got banned for stating Spencer's tenure at MS. Banned for a harmless joke? Please share the post, I would love to see it.
Please also link the posts directly that insulted you prior to the PM you received.
"People always"... saying people always is exaggeration and undercuts the rest of your claims. It makes you come across as someone who has hyperbolic & absolutism thinking. It makes you appear more childish than you are intending to be percieved.

I just don't understand the double standard, if it was me doing this I would be banned. I never did anything as bad as this yet people get always with doing it makes no sense to me.

Going out of your way to insult people going as far as sending PMs to insult people to me seems like a much worse behavior than anything I ever done.

edit: just noticed that everybody doing it is a gold member... that explains it. Ridiculous, mods don't even try to hide how biased they are. When I report people for insulting me, mods use the opportunity to insult me. What the worse thing I ever done? Some joke about 8 Teraflops... that somehow makes it ok for mods and people protected by the mods to blatantly insult me out of nowhere.
People who think "If it was me, I would face consequences", often do not understand the mechanics behind what is happening. In your case, you seem to view everything in black or white and cannot work within the grey. You come across as a logical person but have a hard time understanding emotion and emotional response. That's fine in many isolated circumstances but will fail you in social settings, like on a discussion forum.

You sound like someone who views themselves as the highest standard a person can achieve. This makes you come across as way too serious, especially when considering the topic at hand is video games.

Everyone doing it has gold status... I doubt this.

Mod bias. Gaf is constatly claimed to have moderation bias against MS, Nintendo, Xbox, etc. You favor one console, so it appears to you as the reason for your bans. In reality, it's your writing and the absolutism and intensity that is causing the bans, from what it appears to me.

Please send screen caps of mods insulting you.

Please link to the joke that got you banned.

Some weird guy incapable of properly understanding what was being discussed got offended by something I never even said, then started calling me names, send me MPs telling me to go fuck myself. What else is there to even explain?

Mods answer is that I should ear the respect back or some other nonsense like that. Yet if I'm too mean to Xbox or Phil Spencer I get banned, happened countless times already.
"Some weird guy incapable of understanding" You never ever insult anyone, huh? Also, you shouldn't put the claim of being offended on someone else. It makes you look childish.

Too mean to xbox & Phil Spencer? Again, what exact post got you banned? I would love to read it. If it happened countless times, I would imagine you'd be permanently banned by now. How many times exactly have you been banned?

insult.png

The guy got this mad because I said that the lack of expectation for a price cut in the future is an incentive for people to buy a product now instead of waiting. I was answering to some other guy that was saying that the expectation of a future price cut is an incentive for people to buy the product on release, something that doesn't make any sense. This 22.22 user couldn't understand what was being discussed and got mad.

The type of mods messages I get: "Put him on ignore", "You are a known console warrior. You want people to give you respect? Earn it back."

Again, I never insulted anybody, that was never one the reasons I was banned.

My bands as far as I remember were an initial completely absurd one just because I was being to down on Phil Spencer then the last one for bringing up old stuff that Xbox fans used to say to make fun of it. How isn't insulting other users directly not worse than that?
You just insulted someone in the post above dude.

Making fun of one console or its users is console warring. You are openly admitting that you broke site rules. Of course people are going to be hostile to you in return. You might not be directly insulting anyone but if you make blanket insults across an entire user base, yeah, people are going to insult you back.

I don't mind the insults themselves the only thing that bothers me is knowing that if I did the same I would be instantly banned.

Now, if we can all agree that's fair games to insult people over PM or even insult people openly then I have some messages to write to my dear friend Adamsapple.
You don't mind the insults? You should read your own posts.

Last edited:
Well mods deleted the post but it was pretty much that, this 22.22 guy out of nowhere got really mad and started calling me names, specifically a prick. Happened in the PSVR2 thread from yesterday.

If someone crosses a line with you, gets reported, but no ban occurs, I would assume there is more to the story.

He then started to send me PM so I explained to him how he was getting mad over something he didn't even understood properly. Then he is turned into the screenshot I already showed, he apparently gets mad again because I didn't answer him.

'Hardly even troll anyone'... interesting choice of words. Perhaps this is why people respond to you with this perceived hostility?
Insults are very different than being hostile I never reported anyone for being hostile.

"People always"... saying people always is exaggeration and undercuts the rest of your claims. It makes you come across as someone who has hyperbolic & absolutism thinking. It makes you appear more childish than you are intending to be percieved.
"Get away", "get always" doesn't make sense and was just a mistype.

"Some weird guy incapable of understanding" You never ever insult anyone, huh? Also, you shouldn't put the claim of being offended on someone else. It makes you look childish.
Literally what happened, even another user tried to explain it and the dude apparently never was able to figure out what was being discussed. Not my fault he doesn't get it and instead gets mad and start insulting people.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well mods deleted the post but it was pretty much that, this 22.22 guy out of nowhere got really mad and started me calling me name, specifically a prick. Happened in the PSVR2 thread from yesterday.
You poor thing. I don't know how you make it through each day with that level of oppression.

You poor thing. I don't know how you make it through each day with that level of oppression.

So that's it? That's why you asked that question... congratulations I guess.

I was going to answer your other post point by point but I just realized what your deal is. Typical, apparently you never had any intention of making a fair assessment, just trying to find an angle to say that I was completely in the wrong. No point in wasting our time anymore.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Ridiculous, mods don't even try to hide how biased they are. When I report people for insulting me, mods use the opportunity to insult me. What the worse thing I ever done? Some joke about 8 Teraflops... that somehow makes it ok for mods and people protected by the mods to blatantly insult me out of nowhere.
That's not how NeoGAF Gold works. Sure, we get invited to fancy meals, and often are lucky enough to receive a cheeky reach around, but it doesn't grant us immunity or invincibility. Plenty of gold members have been banned in the past for breaking rules. Get your head out your ass, quit being a little bitch, and realise that this is just a goddamn internet forum about motherfucking videogames.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That's not how NeoGAF Gold works. Sure, we get invited to fancy meals, and often are lucky enough to receive a cheeky reach around, but it doesn't grant us immunity or invincibility. Plenty of gold members have been banned in the past for breaking rules. Get your head out your ass, quit being a little bitch, and realise that this is just a goddamn internet forum about motherfucking videogames.
I don't see that username anywhere on the ban list since their join date. I'm fairly certain they are a teenager with an overly active imagination and a persecution complex.

Star-Lord

I don't see that username anywhere on the ban list since their join date. I'm fairly certain they are a teenager with an overly active imagination and a persecution complex.
They strike me as the kind of person who would bitch and whinge about every little thing that didn't go their way. Wanting to go out for lunch but, oh no, it's raining? God must be working against me! If it was anyone else wanting to go for lunch, it would be sunshine and rainbow dust, but because it's ME, God just throws the rain at me! IT'S NOT FAIR!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why are these idiots, who are too stupid to comprehend my intelligence, insulting me? And why won't the biased mods elevate me to the hero status I deserve for making fun of the console I don't like?

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

indexr1igl.jpg

The name gets removed from the ban page once you finish your ban time, only permanent names are there full time.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Some dumbass at work signed a 10-year agreement with the city that directly contradicts our 3-year plan for the location. I predict he will quietly announce his retirement in the next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom