• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

-PXG- said:
Spreaking of sp00ky, they better let him do the Evo stream. Seriously.
It will probably be Level|Up due to the history with Evo.
Not that Spooky doesn't deserve it. Hell, isn't he streaming more Evo qualifier series majors than anyone else (Final Round, CEO, etc.)?

Snowman

infinityBCRT said:
Theres some guy on twitter who claims to have a bunch of spoilers. Seems like hes already gained some notoriety from some people who are well connected as well. Not gonna link him because an asshole like him doesn't really deserve the attention, plus I believe hes posting spoilers from the leaked text files on his twitter as well (stopped reading when I started to see a bunch of random quotes that looked like they could be bios or endings from MK).

But out of the small amount of tweets I saw plus the tweets from someone else who had a conversation with him who also claimed to be in the know...

- Xbox 360 exclusive WB character is someone from Sucker Punch or Harry Potter

Take it with a grain of salt but mildly interesting to chew on...

Heh, just saw an ad on youtube for Sucker Punch that had a very simple 2D fighter game that you could play. Maybe this is more likely than I originally thought.

Dai Kaiju

I hate leaks. Half because I like to be surpised and half because I lack the self control required to not click on threads like these. I kinda feel bad for generally cool devs like Boon who want to surprise people but can't due to people having no respect for confidentiality. All that aside, I used to wonder back in '95 what it would be like if sub-zero hadn't escaped the lin-kuei and he became a cyborg like the rest of them. I think it's pretty sweet that they addressed that :)

Khezu

cyrax.png

Human cyrax
shang.png

Shangs fatality.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wow

Creepiest Fatality ever

And I had a feeling there would be Human versions of the Robots. Surprised it was kept under wraps this long. Wonder how differently they'll play.

fernoca

Yeah, Human Sektor was kinda expected, though he looks like Shang Tsung there. First time I also notice that the portraits change based on their alt costume.

fernoca said:
Yeah, Human Sektor was kinda expected, though he looks like Shang Tsung there. First time I also notice that the portraits change based on their alt costume.
Good catch. I wonder if they went so far as to create full upper-body renders for the alts.

GrayFoxPL

The Lamonster said:
I think those human forms look kinda stupid :\

...but I love the idea of alt costumes so I'm not complaining

The designs are strait up Darrius alley. So bad it's funny.

Human Sektor/Smoke look pretty dumb in my opinion...I've always seen them as the cyborgs and that won't change.

Luckily they're only alt costumes.

Irish

Yeah, saw the flame thrower, just wasn't sure if those were bombs or bells on his hip.

I wonder if Shang's fatality is all about unleashing someone's greatest fears on them.

I know this dude right here would be terrified to death:

321px-Nathan_Drake_Uncharted.jpg

I had no idea who "Darrius" was until a Google search, but I've seen worse MK characters.

He even looks kinda cool. (Alternate is kinda goofy)

shinobi602 said:
Human Sektor/Smoke look pretty dumb in my opinion...I've always seen them as the cyborgs and that won't change.

Luckily they're only alt costumes.

You might also fight them like this as part of the story, pre-MK3.

fernoca

The designs are fine and better than the Cyrax human form in Deadly Alliance.
I'm actually glad they put some effort into giving them a distinct look, when they could've been easily just palette swapped Sub-Zeros with a few changes. :p

TreIII

Irish said:
Are those mini-bombs on Cyrax's hip?

Yep. After all, those moves still gotta come from some where! :lol

Any way, I'm liking this. Always nice to have more options. I just want to see what Reptile's other outfit (besides the Retro) will look like.

Khezu

Since they have battle damage it looks like they are in fact there alts and not just story specific characters, which is awesome, I really like human cyrax.

Flipyap said:
What what? A well designed costume for a female character? Get that shit out of my Mortal Kombat!

(I really like this costume, but Mileena is the one character who actually should be wearing those ridiculous stripper half-outfits)

Khans alt is badass

Gravijah

Dead said:
Human Sektor was actually revealed last month lol

http://i.imgur.com/x1JcZ.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62eIwcV838[/url][/QUOTE]

Which means that HAS to be a Noob alt.

TreIII

S1kkZ said:
nevermind, smoke is also in the picture. the dark/black ninja has to be some generic lin-kuei dude.

That's not Smoke, actually. It may be his colors, but that's not him. You do
fight "Generic Lin Kuei" warriors at points in the story.

Gravijah

S1kkZ said:
nevermind, smoke is also in the picture. the dark/black ninja has to be some generic lin-kuei dude.

Wait, I didn't even notice "Smoke" there. Hahaha. I still hope it's one of Noob's alts. Would be lazy not to have it!

fernoca

Gravijah said:
It's definitely his outfit though. If they aren't alts, I will cry. In the OT.
I'll better include some Kleenex in the OT then. :p
Those are the same "generic ninjas" that appeared in Johnny Cage's 'Fight Dirty' video.

Smoke is introduced later so he's not part or even is at the "first" tournament.

Top Bottom