• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Sleepwalker

Digimon Cybersleuth holy fuck that intro was terrible
Gran Turismo 7 ZzZzZzZ
Pokemon Diamond and pearl (and the remakes) The movement speed is soo slow lol
Pokemon Sun and moon// Ultra sun and moon
Pokemon Sword and Shield

Why do I keep playing Pokemon games? lol (arceus was ok)

Ghost Recon Breakpoint, in coop its fun, you play this alone you'll die of boredom.
Deathloop

TexMex

Far Cry 6
BOTW
Skyrim

BOTW/Skyrim I tried to like desperately. I've started them countless times. Just can't do it.

tommib

Hellblade, Plague Tale, Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn/Forbidden West.

Marvellous sleeping pills.

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
Control: Nothing made any sense at all.

AC Odissey: What an absolute disaster, and a downgrade from Origins, which was spectacular. I didn't even bother with Valhalla as i assume is more or less the same thing and even worse. I find the whole sailing stuff extremely boring and tiresome.

Prey 2017: Snoozefest, some cool visual effects, but that's all.

Saints Row IV: The last SR game and the one that made my mind about this franchise being ruined and done.

I loved Death Stranding, it came out on PC during a particular time in our lives, at the start of the pandemic and lockdowns. So it made my experience much much more immersive and unique.
One of the greatest games i have ever played.

Last edited:

tommib

Control: Nothing made any sense at all.

AC Odissey: What an absolute disaster, and a downgrade from Origins, which was spectacular. I didn't even bother with Valhalla as i assume is more or less the same thing and even worse. I find the whole sailing stuff extremely boring and tiresome.

Prey 2017: Snoozefest, some cool visual effects, but that's all.

Saints Row IV: The last SR game and the one that made my mind about this franchise being ruined and done.
Forgot about Prey 2017. Total snooze fest after the first 30 minutes and early twist. The original Prey is my jam.

elbourreau

LQhxJIg.jpg

Aure

Banned

Not gonna lie, my girl friend and i, both almost fell asleep playing this game.
I mean, it's a beautiful looking game with an incredible atmosphere,it has cats, and i love cats so damn much.
I don't know, i guess i expected a bit more, but it's a good game an a solid 8 for me. I hope they make a sequel.

The original Prey is my jam.
It was so good. I miss that era of FPS game.
Such a soulful way to introduce you to the game.

Last edited:

Certinty

I’m glad a few people have mentioned Stray. I tried it for 30 mins yesterday and even though it was good, I struggled to want to continue. Looks and plays well but there’s just no substance to hold it altogether, at least not so far…

cireza

I wanted to love Grandia so much. Now that the English translation is available on Saturn, I thought I was going to give it a try. But this game is so slow... Every single battle takes ages.

Touch an enemy
Screen transition
Background appears
Wait some more
Enemy and characters appear
Fight
Action is interrupted to enter each command
Spell Animation (takes way too long)
Another spell
Anotherone.gif
Battle eventually ends
Victory animation because of course
Screen with items and gold
Short Loading
Screen with XP
Please hit the buttons 3 time to move on
Fucking loading
Back to the map

I can't stand this. You have to use spells to gain exp.
Game looks exactly my type in terms of story, characters. Game Arts were really great at creating touching characters and story, and Grandia is no exception. But this game needs some major enhancements to be shortened in any way possible. Skip spells, skip victory screens, instant loadings for fights etc...

Last edited:

Goalus

I recently played Ashura's Wrath for the first time, since it was on sale and I remember it being somewhat praised in gaming forums.

The first "stage" is really something. The whole time I wasn't sure whether I was watching a cut scene or supposed to perform some QTE action, then after a few button presses the next video sequence takes over, throwing a lot of story bits at me that I couldn't manage to care about at that moment because it was too much at once. The "gameplay" sections consisted of navigating my character through an uninteresting space-like environment dodging and shooting at fiery rocks.

After a few minutes I was praying for this to be over and had to exit the game after the stage was complete. In fact, I was shocked that I had completed a stage with that session. Is the entire game like that?

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Lately i just cant get into gta5, tried about 5 times at this point, never finished a gta game in my life but 5 for me is so boring, red dead redemption 2 would have been the same if it wasnt for interesting characters but definitely had to take a year break half way through the game.

Also mad max, first 12 hours are great then you realise the whole gane is the first 12 hours x20

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Hellblade and fuck it in just going to say it;

Monster Hunter Generations, World and Rise. Bought them all, gave up on them all.

ddzev

Neo Member
Prey (2017), still don't understand where and when the game was supposed to be fun. Hit a random enemy thirty times to kill it at the begining of the game is the worst thing I have ever seen in a video game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Not gonna lie, my girl friend and i, both almost fell asleep playing this game.
I mean, it's a beautiful looking game with an incredible atmosphere,it has cats, and i love cats so damn much.
I don't know, i guess i expected a bit more, but it's a good game an a solid 8 for me. I hope they make a sequel.

It was so good. I miss that era of FPS game.
Such a soulful way to introduce you to the game.

Prey was my first xbox 360 game. What a way to start a generation.

Fuck the prey reboot.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Fuck the prey reboot.

There was a Prey reboot? The new one has nothing to do with the old one. They were struggling to find a good name for 2017 game and Bethesda suggested it as they didn't do anything with the IP. That's it. There's no connection.

Arcadialane

resident evil games. Sorry but running back and forth trying to find a key to a locked area where you have you'll have to run around trying to find a key to the next area repeat for 10 hours isn't my thing, I never got those games.

Last edited:

Ellery

Horizon Zero Dawn, The Order 1886, Monster Hunter, Hellblade.

Usually it is the motivation to start a game and once I am in the flow I like quite a lot of games, but for some games it doesn't help and I get bored.
Monster Hunter is the most interesting for me since I love those gigantic weapons and the combat looks fun and queueing those moves to make a big hit sounds awesome, but it just isn't working for me.
Horizon Zero Dawn I finished, but I rushed the main story since the side quests were way too boring, but at the end of the game I came to the conclusion that the entire game is bland and boring.
Hellblade I probably played too late and it didn't age well. Still excited for the Hellblade 2.
The Order 1886 I paid 7 bucks for it and finished it in 6 hours. I was bored and disappointed for 6 hours straight and somehow they made those 6 hours feel like 15 hours.

Fredrik

resident evil games. Sorry but running back and forth trying to find a key to a locked area where you have you'll have to run around trying to find a key to the next area repeat for 10 hours isn't my thing
That’s how most games are, but instead of keys you might have to collect something else, or parts of something, or flick a switch or kill a specific enemy or boss.
It is what it is, classic progression blocker so we can’t explore the whole map at once.

dave_d

Captain Spirit. A boring game about a kid being bored on a Saturday afternoon. Could only take it for 20 minutes before I deleted it off my XBox. (Wasn't worth the price and it was free.)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Horizon: Forbidden West

It was so boring and such a drag, it made me quit gaming for the first time since I was kid for over a month and I still haven’t fully recovered my love for gaming.

People think your joking or trolling but I'm just going to throw in that I agree with this although I didn't take the break I just moved on.

In the end I started to actively hate Aloy, and no longer felt any reason to continue her journey, and I needer a reason to get past the Ubisoft style paint by numbers open world game in terms of activities.

Top Bottom