• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
any game made by ubisoft in the last 8 years or so,
ubisoft is the pkace where you go to when you want to die as a graphical designer

fart town usa

Gold Member
ps1_martian_gothic_unification_p_tzzy2i.jpg

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Dragon Quest XI: The repetitive music, cinematics, and battles just put me to sleep. I want to live the game but damn…

Gears of War V: Most boring game I’ve played as of late. Guns don’t feel punchy, and enemies react like WWE Shawn Michaels selling moves. You shoot and then you walk around, then you shoot, and then you walk around. There’s nothing else to the game. Get on a skiff and go to more shooting segments. Zzzzzzzzzz

Thomas Was Alone: I dunno. I’m shaped and I jump annnnnd…uninstall.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Persona 5
Hollow Knight
And much to my disappointment, Nier Automata.
Probably try Nier again at some point.

I wasn’t feeling Nier Automata and tossed it on the back burner for a couple years. Recently went back to it, and I’m suddenly having fun.
I don’t get it. I think sometimes it’s just a good idea to set a game aside and return to it later.

Dr. Suchong

I wasn’t feeling Nier Automata and tossed it on the back burner for a couple years. Recently went back to it, and I’m suddenly having fun.
I don’t get it. I think sometimes it’s just a good idea to set a game aside and return to it later.
Yeah I agree.
Genre fatigue happens too.
Main offenders for me are games that don't respect your time and totally befuddle you if you go back to them after a short break.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Breath of the Wild. I don't know why i loved it back when i first played it, revisiting it now and booting my save file up on my switch just made me realize how absolutely fucking slow and boring that game was. It was really honestly such a chore to play in every sense of the word, and i hated the combat too
Like a Dragon i was kind of hyped for since it was yakuza, then i played it and honestly just did not vibe with it at all. The turn based combat was such a downgrade from the freeform flowing beatemup style the previous games essentially perfected. And everything besides that felt really off, like not yakuza in the slightest. It's been a while since i played it and i really hope my perspective changes since i like yakuza but if this is the future of the franchise, safe to say i'm out
Also, last of us. it really should have been a movie instead of a game

finally every single pokemon game ever made in existence. look, i like JRPGs, and when turn based combat is done well it can be engaging and fun as fuck. Pokemon is neither engaging nor fun as fuck. it is the most basic, shallow, boring turn based RPG system i have ever seen and the stories are nothing to write home about either. This shit makes dragon quest look like Mario & Luigi. If you like the cool pokemon for their designs, that's fine. but don't go in here telling me the games are anything interesting, because in terms of gameplay i can find 3 other jrpgs with a similar concept but more interesting gameplay.

Last edited:

Roberts

I really had to think for the right answer. For me boring doesn't equal bad - I have immensely enjoyed objectively bad games and have been bored to death by games that majority of gamers love with passion. Also, if a game feels boring to me, I feel like I need to give it another chance so I just drop it until I feel like playing it again (that happened with RDR2 which I found painfully dull on first try and a year later I gobbled it up like nobody's business).

At first I wanted to answer Uncharted 4, but I actually completed it despite not enjoying it all. Was it boring? Maybe, especially in those flashbacks, but not enough to drop it. My issues with it lied elsewhere.

I find all driving sims boring. I have4 absolutely not interest in tuning cars, learn tracks and succumb to driving realism, so I check them for graphics and drop them. F1, FM5 and others of that ilk. Boooooring.

As much as admire Mirror's Edge visuals and overall presentation, I keep deleting it 20-30 minutes in. I think I have re-installed it at least 6 times and it never clicks for me. Just boring.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I dozed off playing As Dusk Falls the other night. I like the game but when I came to I needed to make a decision. It was an untimed one so I know how long I was out.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I can’t think of a worst one than Hellblade. I started it after dinner, OK, but I was already falling asleep during that unskippable ASMR opening credits sequence. And the next hour was all about whispering voices, climbing ladders, fighting samey enemies with samey combos, and solving offensively braindead puzzles. If there’s a game that perfectly encapsulates the angst towards cinematic games, it’s this. Great production values, but even game devs from the 70s would laugh at the gameplay. Just any Game and Watch is infinitely more engaging than this.

Spaceman292

Banned
People think your joking or trolling but I'm just going to throw in that I agree with this although I didn't take the break I just moved on.

In the end I started to actively hate Aloy, and no longer felt any reason to continue her journey, and I needer a reason to get past the Ubisoft style paint by numbers open world game in terms of activities.
I didn't think it was boring but I did hate Aloy. I remember kind of liking her in the first one, but she's so obnoxious in FW.

SnapShot

TimeShift - game screams generic mid 2000s sci-fi shooter, utterly unmemorable I could only finish it by playing it in short bursts every now and then, the shooting is solid and the gameplay is fun for the most part, but nothing about it made me feel even the slightest bit of attachement to it.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Uncharted 1+2, last of us 1, and control.

Really didn’t understand the praise for these games. Poor third person gunplay and constant talking.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Dvinity Original Sin II. I do get why people love it but holy shit was it a snoozefest for me and my friends.

Tiny Tina assault on dragon's keep was pretty terrible recently in coop.
I've tried like 5 times to get into Divinity Original Sin II. I just get SOOO BOOOOOOORED.

They really fucked up with the stupid mystery you have to solve in the first main area. I just could not give a shit.

-MD-

Yeah I agree.
Genre fatigue happens too.
Main offenders for me are games that don't respect your time and totally befuddle you if you go back to them after a short break.

This is why I dropped Automata, you're supposed to go back and finish it like 2 or 3 times to get the full story.

I finished it once, thought it was meh and was done. I'm not gonna sit through multiple playthroughs of a boring game just to get a little more story out of it.

Vaelka

Some games you need to be in the right mindset for.
I had a hard time getting into FFXIV the first time in ARR, I tried really hard to like it but kinda got bored.

Then I went back after a break and it has become probably my favorite game of all time.
But I think if you're not in the right mindset for it then it might not grab you.
I was very burned out with WoW at the time and it was around when I quit the game, I approached it as a WoW game too which didn't work very well ( just rushed and skipped everything ).

jufonuk

not tag worthy
From the recent years definitely BOTW, it's almost insulting how boring it is.
Sorry Cbs GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

120 hours into it and it is a really great game, I get it’s not for everyone.

I really love it.

Game for me I didn’t like was snake eater.
Too long to get anywhere cut scene and slow and oh have to eat things and manage everything too much for me.

Last edited:

Shifty

The Pathless

It has fantastic movement mechanics, but devolves into a soul-eroding open world needle-in-a-haystick hunt on account of having no map to track which macguffins you've found.

I can see it being good if you rush down the boss of each zone and skip trying to unlock stuff via the side content, but I'm not about that.

Your favorite game. It's boring AF. It's only popular because of conspiracy theory.
cn13fOD.png

Last edited:

Krathoon

Watchdog Legion is like waving a magic wand and causing accidents to happen.
I suspect you can auto drive places somehow.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Spiderman Remastered
Final Fantasy 7 remake ( I actually managed to finish this)
Hellblade
Xenoblade 2
Zelda Skyward Sword
Deathloop
The Ascent
Transistor
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 13

Those are the first games on my mind when thinking of (quite) new games I was very much looking forward to, which all quickly bored me half to death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom