• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of advice to any Nintendo fans... first watch the Direct on your own, giving your full attention to it. That's the only way to fully enjoy it. If you're on sites like this reading people's reactions, you'll think it's all garbage. Everyone is so cynical and angry about everything and you'll catch the virus. Just stay in your own private place until it's over, then come onto the board. You'll have a much better time for it and you'll probably be hyped for upcoming Nintendo goodness.

matthwq

Banned
Totally not getting my hopes up you guys but OMFG XENOBLADE 2 IN MARCH WOULD BE AWESOME AND TOTALLY POSSIBLE

I wish :(((((((((

Zalman

BbsZNs6CMAA13r-.png:large
hahahahahaha

Tagg9

Predictions

• News on GBA Virtual Console on Wii U
  • Notice about Miiverse on 3DS
  • Short talk about the different ways to buy Wii Fit U
  • Pikmin 3 DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 trailer as end surprise

I think Mario Kart 8 is a given - we're talking about "spring" here. They'll probably show new characters from the game (Miis are back lol).

Burai

shitonmychest57
A word of advice to any Nintendo fans... first watch the Direct on your own, giving your full attention to it. That's the only way to fully enjoy it. If you're on sites like this reading people's reactions, you'll think it's all garbage. Everyone is so cynical and angry about everything and you'll catch the virus. Just stay in your own private place until it's over, then come onto the board. You'll have a much better time for it and you'll probably be hyped for upcoming Nintendo goodness.

Operate in a vacuum for that full Nintendo experience!

You are completely right, I've done this for the last few Directs. Even Cranky's reveal was much better without reading the dumb reactions.

zruben

Banned

this man speaks the truth. Nintendo is catering to a niche market right now, and a mainstream audience will always react with anger to nintendo announcements.

upandaway

Come on guys, I realise the scepticism, but the worldwide Nintendo Directs have always revealed something. It's not like the NA and EU only ones last month.
My expectations have been incredibly reduced this year. Until Nintendo proves it can put out HD games at the same rate as before, I'm only really expecting decent announcements at E3, and even then, not a lot of them.

hunnies28

Cranky Kong for Mario Kart, followed by the announcement that 2014 is the year of Cranky Kong.

-DLC for NSMBU with Cranky as a playable character. Pogo jump to be patched in at a later date.
-Cranky to be included in Smash. Replaces Megaman.
-X cancelled, Monolith to focus on new open world game, featuring Cranky Kong.

Ok, I'm done, sorry guys.

What should happen

- new starfox announced
- new metroid prime announced
- new fzero announced
- new playable Zelda
- wonderful 202
- mario galaxy hd remakes
- full 3d Kirby platformer
- wii-u kid Icarus
- luigis mansion wii-u

What will be announced

- year of the cranky kong or a new wii-u color

Silky

Banned
What should happen

- new starfox announced
- new metroid prime announced
- new fzero announced
- new playable Zelda
- wonderful 202
- mario galaxy hd remakes
- full 3d Kirby platformer
- wii-u kid Icarus
- luigis mansion wii-u

Look at all of these games that won't sell for shit.

Tuck

DKC, probably reiterate Cranky Kong.
Kirby 3DS
Mario kart 8

Yarn Yoshi?

Hopefully some solid surprises besides that...

DrZeus

Nothing like fresh glass of ND with my disappointment in the morning! No, i'm actually hyped for this as I am for every Direct. I know Ninty takes these more seriously than any of their other info distribution channels, so I can't not be hyped by default. Just got to hope for the best
and expect the worse lol

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
Cross buy in eShop.

Gamepad can now serve as Classic Controller in Wii mode.

Nintendo's NES, GB, GBA, DS, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii library coming to VC during 2014. (option to render in original mode or "enhanced" mode, 60 fps + upscaled 720p/1080p)

Option to uncouple NNID from Console(reset to factory settings, system clear)

DCTF
MK8

Not all Nintendo Directs are let-downs. Remember the one from January that was epic? X reveal, SMTxFE announcement, Wind Waker HD, maybe something else I forget.

It's been almost a year since then. Time for another epic Direct, >:D

Gabe3208

Banned
I hope they can at least SAY something, not necessarily a release date, regarding X, SMTxFE, Zelda Wii U, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a new 3D Mario game being worked on in the likes of Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine!!!

No more NEW Super Mario, Galaxy, 3DLand/World series entries!!!

DaBoss

DKC, probably reiterate Cranky Kong.
Kirby 3DS
Mario kart 8

Yarn Yoshi?

Hopefully some solid surprises besides that...
As usual, Yoshi's New Island is forgotten.

Not blaming you.

Bravely Default for North Americans.

Hermii

I hope they can at least SAY something, not necessarily a release date, regarding X, SMTxFE, Zelda Wii U, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a new 3D Mario game being worked on in the likes of Super Mario 64/ Super Mario Sunshine!!!

No more NEW Super Mario, Galaxy, 3DLand/World series entries!!!

Forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom