• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimmie dat MK 8 release date! at least that's one of the things I think I'm safe in expecting.

In my dreams? Six new Art Style games (3 for 3DS, 3 for WiiU). Coming Q1. If there's any team that can produce some brilliant and elegant dual screen (in WiiU's case), or 3D + dual screen (in 3DS's case) usage it is Skip Ltd. THAT STUDIO IS AMAZING AND NO ONE CARES

bronson

85MCtl4.gif

LoveCake

I hope there will be some new games & features announced because recently the Directs have just been about 'stuff' that we have already known about.

Rehasing what on MK8? We've had a few demos from the same gameplay and very little footage of the game. Anything they show will most likely be brand new. Via Super Mario 3D World reveal that took 3 Directs :p

Mario Kart 8 may become the new fucking Donkey Kong here even though it was one of the best looking games at E3.

Korezo

This direct will determine my wii u fate, I bought it really for MH3 and I been done with that game, I don't touch my wii u and don't want to pay $50-60 for wii u games anymore since I rather spend that on other systems. If this direct is a joke like Reggie's latest announcement, I'm a just list the whole thing ong eBay.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Please no more donkey kong. I think we've seen enough of that.

Come on, you really expect them not to show their next big release in the Nintendo Direct? That's crazy. Plus, Cranky rulz!

They need to have one surprise. We know DKCTF is coming and we will see some footage. We will get (hopefully) a release date and new footage for MK8. But there must be something more. SSB 4 in spring. Or Bayo 1 port. Or Steel Diver for Wii U.

sörine

Banned
I'm not expecting many surprises. Smash in Q2 will be the big one.

I really hope the Bayonetta port rumor turns out to be true. N64/GBA Virtual Console is overdue too.

Unless they get a new developer, there won't be one. Sakurai doesn't want a sequel.

I think the only Kid Icarus we could see on Wii U would be an HD port of Uprising. That and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD on Wii U could be released just to fill a few gaps in the release schedule while providing awesome games to more people.

i8Uid6GSn2ZiA.gif

Expectations set. Can't be disappointed now.

There's nothing wrong with setting expectatiobs low, but some people here make it sound as if Nintendo Directs always disappoint. If this was another one of those "haven" things by Sony, it would be more understandable since they have disappointed us twice in a row, and there have only been two of these.

So, anyone else think MK 8 and Smash will release together in spring like the rumor suggested? Also, wasn't there a Metroid site taken down or something? This will have both systems, so there's bound to be something for everyone.

Codeblue

Acknowledge that Fire Emblem X SMT still exists, please. I don't need anything else, just a nod that it is still in production.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, anyone else think MK 8 and Smash will release together in spring like the rumor suggested? Also, wasn't there a Metroid site taken down or something? This will have both systems, so there's bound to be something for everyone.
Donno about Smash but MK8 has been slated for a Spring release since its reveal.

On the subject of people predicting nothing new, keep in mind that this is one of those simultaneous global Directs; typically the Directs that gave little new information were ones that were only broadcast in the US and EU, not Japan.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This direct will determine my wii u fate, I bought it really for MH3 and I been done with that game, I don't touch my wii u and don't want to pay $50-60 for wii u games anymore since I rather spend that on other systems. If this direct is a joke like Reggie's latest announcement, I'm a just list the whole thing ong eBay.

You should do that already, it will be better for everyone.

onipex

I'm expecting indie games, retail games we already know about getting a release date, Wii Fit U retail release news, more stuff we already know about, Wii Sport golf , and at least one surprise. My more unrealistic expectation is that they are doing another Wii U price drop and other promotions.

A word of advice to any Nintendo fans... first watch the Direct on your own, giving your full attention to it. That's the only way to fully enjoy it. If you're on sites like this reading people's reactions, you'll think it's all garbage. Everyone is so cynical and angry about everything and you'll catch the virus. Just stay in your own private place until it's over, then come onto the board. You'll have a much better time for it and you'll probably be hyped for upcoming Nintendo goodness.

This is good advice for all fans. Same reason I don't pay to much attention to TV , movie, and games reviews on gaf or anywhere else.

Codeblue

There's nothing wrong with setting expectatiobs low, but some people here make it sound as if Nintendo Directs always disappoint. If this was another one of those "haven" things by Sony, it would be more understandable since they have disappointed us twice in a row, and there have only been two of these.

We'll be lucky if Smash hits in late 2014.

I'm calling March 2015.

Axass

• 2 new Wii-U games announced. This is a must, unless they're totally abandoning the system.
  • 1 new 3DS game announced.
  • More info on X, Yarn Yoshi, Yoshi and Kirby 3DS, Mario Kart, Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney.
  • Two new Smash characters announced + 1 returning veteran.
  • Aknowledging the existence of Fire Emblem x SMT and Mario Golf 3DS.
  • Something totally unexpected that will make people go crazy: positive or negative.

Fandangox

On the subject of people predicting nothing new, keep in mind that this is one of those simultaneous global Directs; typically the Directs that gave little new information were ones that were only broadcast in the US and EU, not Japan.

The directs usually always have something new, even if very minor stuff.

Terra

Always nice with a Ninty Direct! One can hope for some nice third party news. But then again...I have absolutely no expectations

Donkey Kong rhythm dancing game. I can't figure out a name for it, though.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Boogie

And if this is an update for spring titles, I don't think any new titles will be announced. Hopefully we get our Fall 2014 direct in February like last year with a barrage of new titles down the pipeline.

The directs usually always have something new, even if very minor stuff.

Indeed, but the global ones in particular tend to be the ones where Iwata gives us the biggest surprises. Additionally, given that I'm so looking forward to Steel Diver F2P, I question if it's even humanly possible for this direct not to deliver for me.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Looks like those low November sales are getting to Nintendo. Hopefully they finally drop some bombs.

Probably not gonna happen tomorrow, but I really really want more info on the 3DS version of Smash.

All we know is different stages and same characters. But I wanna know what makes them so different. Why make two versions? Is it worth getting both? New trophies? Different single-player mode?

zroid

Banned

To be frank, if you aren't interested in any of the games which have already been announced for it, then you probably aren't going to be interested in anything else they might announce. Cut your losses and sell it now before the value depreciates any further.

Let someone who actually can get some enjoyment out of the system use it.

If what you already know is coming isn't doing it for you, you should probably sell it and get it over with.

I know everyone here wants every direct to be full of megatons, but they are mostly there to pump up whatever they having coming out next and give info on those. This will really only talk about stuff we know is coming in the spring, nothing more, nothing less.

If we get any 'OMG Crazy news!' Directs, it'll be in January, just like earlier this year. Sometimes you guys need to be realistic and reasonable with your expectations of the Directs.

AGITΩ

Too used to being burned, will keep expectations low...until like an hour before the direct when I start getting overhyped...

jmizzal

Its happening Smash Bros to be announced for Spring lol, Nintendo is known for saying things are not true then they end of being true anyways

methodman

Banned
Prediction. Wii u production will cease completely. All current wii u owners can trade in their system to Nintendo to receive a free zelda t shirt. Limited time offer.

Yes you have to pay for shipping both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom