• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg9

My expectations have been incredibly reduced this year. Until Nintendo proves it can put out HD games at the same rate as before, I'm only really expecting decent announcements at E3, and even then, not a lot of them.

Nintendo has never been that fast in terms of first party game production. Just look at Wii.

2006:
- Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Excite Truck (2nd Party)
- Wii Sports (Minigames)
- Wii Play (Minigames)

2007:
- Batallion Wars 2 (2nd Party)
- Big Brain Academy
- Fire Emblem
- Link's Crossbow Training (Budget Game)
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Strikers Charged
- Metroid Prime 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Paper Mario (Gamecube Title)
- Wii Fit

There are some great titles there, but most aren't that exciting (personally) apart from Metroid, Galaxy, and Twilight Princess.

For the Wii U:
2012:
- NSMB U
- Nintendo Land (Minigames)

2013:
- Game and Wario (Minigames)
- Lego City Undercover (2nd Party)
- Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
- Zelda: Wind Waker HD

- Wonderful 101 (2nd Party)
- Wii Party U (Minigames)
- Wii Fit U

EulaCapra

Goddamnit, Wii Karaoke U better be announced for the States!

Also at the very least, a new Smash trailer with at least 2 new playable character reveals. We went over a month without a new character reveal.

Zalman

Predictions for tomorrow:

- Kirby: Triple Deluxe release date
- Layton vs. Wright release date
- Donkey Kong gameplay
- Mario Kart 8 gameplay
- Possibly Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon HD
- One surprise announcement

We might finally get that Zelda game trailer(?) that's almost been shown a few times now. If we don't, I'm sure we'll get another article about how they almost showed it here.

Just got the PR. The EU one will be presented by Iwata and Shibata.
Will the Italian subs get it right this time? (for the Louvre direct they had Iwata saying "Hello, I'm Satoru Shibata")

Please announce a new WarioWare for 3DS (as well as new Kuru Kuru Kururin and Rhythm Paradise/Heaven games).
This could work as an eShop title.

My predictions:
-2014 is year of Toad for no reason. Enjoy Super Toad 3D World...
-F2P Steel Diver will make your most hated IAP game look modest. Picnic mode Nintendo indeed
-There are some surprise eShop games. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 7...
-3DS Kirby game showed. North American boxart lacks angry Kirby, European boxart has even angrier Kirby.

Lets get real now:

- Shenmue 3
- Skies of Arcadia 2
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- New Chrono Trigger by Original Team
- Zelda U
- New Dark Souls
- Nintendo buys Mega Man
- Nintendo buys Monster Hunter
- Eternal Darkness 2
- Nintendo buys EA and closes it for the lulz
- Nintendo buys Platinum and closes them so noone else gets their games
ever
- GTA VI exclusive
- Iwata resigns and Bobby Kotick becomes new CEO
- Declares in the same Nintendo Direct that all these megatons are cancelled
- Announces 10 new CODs, iOS exclusive

Mugiwara

Neo Member
What should happen

- new starfox announced
- new metroid prime announced
- new fzero announced
- new playable Zelda
- wonderful 202
- mario galaxy hd remakes
- full 3d Kirby platformer
- wii-u kid Icarus
- luigis mansion wii-u

What will be announced

- year of the cranky kong or a new wii-u color

Even that would be too much to expect from Nintendo.
I expect rehashing information from all the known games (DKTF, MK8)

kek_lel

awwwwwww yessss
makes me kinda excited since their sales are nowhere near satisfying and they have to show what they got

right?

..RIGHT?

maybe

- Sports Club Golf (avail. after the Direct)
- Mario Kart 8 trailer
- Some VC-related announcement
- A bunch of indie titles/reel
- Minecraft U announcement

Albo

Whats the source of this?

EU 3DS louvre direct

Made some badly edited, cheesy gifs a while ago after NPD stats were released

faa7f90c-6f8e-4a6e-a097-8e2fa237d00e.gif

Semi realisiticredictions for u,

Zelda U vague tease/art/info leading up to e3 reveal
Smash mii playable character announcement
Miyamoto new IP reveal
MK8 details
DK TF details
Bayo 2 details

I find the GAF hype train is what really makes the directs fun, rather than watching the directs themselves. then watching the GAF reactions afterwards.

DoubleDash

Neo Member
My Wish:

Mario 64 ReUmastered
or N64/Gamecube on the Virtual Console.
1 new game announcement.

What will probably happen:

Release date for Super Mario Bros 3 on the Virtual Console.
Footage of games announced back in E3.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mario kart 8 is announced for the 3ds.

I don't think that would be a good idea, to be honest. It's one of the few games on the Wii U that's coming out in the future that'll actually get a decent amount of people to buy a Wii U for it. If they released that on the 3DS it would give nobody a reason to buy a Wii U for it when they could just buy the 3DS version.

Kouichi

I believe it's reasonable to get hyped for this Nintendo Direct. I mean, don't expect megaton stuff like Zelda or Metroid, but I'm sure we'll be getting plenty of trailers for games we know about and probably 3-4 new 3DS/WiiU game announcements.

Biggest thing I'm hoping for is a new Smash trailer. But I won't get hyped for that possibility until Sakurai tweets something.

Please no more donkey kong. I think we've seen enough of that. I want to see Mario Kart 8 and a release date as well. Not sure what else they have for spring for the Wii U, but I'm moderately hyped.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hoooo boy. This had better be good. At least, I really hope it is. There's almost nothing slated for the 3DS right now, and the WiiU... well, yeah.

Cosmozone

The potentially epic Direct will be early next year. This one will be Mario Kart focused. And some talk about Miiverse on 3DS. Smash trailer or Bayo early (unlikely) would be nice though. Closer look at some indie titles perhaps? Wii Sports Golf is pretty much a given, but I'd especially like to see Art Academy, the full title for Wii U.

And you know what, I don't want X to be in this Direct and even not in early next year's Direct. I want a full blowout at E3. Same for Zelda.

Regarding FE x SMT, it's almost been a year with no info at all. Could it have been cancelled? :(

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
A simultaneous worldwide broadcast does get me pretty excited for a new announcement, be it a new game, or whatever.

I really would like some European release dates for some 3DS games too. I've been waiting for Shin Megami Tensei IV and Rune Factory IV for so long now.

Oh and Mother 3 3DS remake. Do it. No? Damn...

Talamius

Mario Kart 8 demo and release date
WSC Golf
Luigi's Mansion Wii U announcement
Animal Crossing Wii U announcement
Smash release date
Lots of 3DS stuff

There is a better chance of F-Zero GX HD Online getting announced than the floodgates being opened on VC. Nintendo is way too stubborn to stop the drip feed.

Cbajd5

I dreamed about this last night.

I forget what was in it.

Also, why do they go to 9 AM after I don't have class at 11 AM anymore...

DoubleTap

The only sure thing about these directs is that there will be plenty of disappointed people. Keep your expectations low people.

The_Lump

Banned
Lets get real now:

- Shenmue 3
- Skies of Arcadia 2
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- New Chrono Trigger by Original Team
- Zelda U
- New Dark Souls
- Nintendo buys Mega Man
- Nintendo buys Monster Hunter
- Eternal Darkness 2
- Nintendo buys EA and closes it for the lulz
- Nintendo buys Platinum and closes them so noone else gets their games
ever
- GTA VI exclusive
- Iwata resigns and Bobby Kotick becomes new CEO
- Declares in the same Nintendo Direct that all these megatons are cancelled
- Announces 10 new CODs, iOS exclusive

Haha. Deserves to be quoted just for that. I properly lol'd.

Tripon

I don't know, but personally I think leaving European customers in the dark about the release date like that is a shitty and frustrating practice that only makes region-locking worse.

I'm sorry if you think it unfair of me to expect a release date for a title that has been out in the US since July.

It's shit to treat customers like that.
Is Nintendo publishing SMTIV in Europe?

"Fine. You don't like us talking about Donkey Kong. 'Oh Donkey Kong won't save the Wii U, fucking Donkey Kong, we already know about Donkey Kong,' blah blah blah. Okay, we're canceling Donkey Kong. No more Donkey Kong! Mean ol' Cranky is gone! Now what, geniuses?" *iwata crosses arms in a huff and frowns at the camera*

Musolf815

The potentially epic Direct will be early next year. This one will be Mario Kart focused. And some talk about Miiverse on 3DS. Smash trailer or Bayo early (unlikely) would be nice though. Closer look at some indie titles perhaps? Wii Sports Golf is pretty much a given, but I'd especially like to see Art Academy, the full title for Wii U.

And you know what, I don't want X to be in this Direct and even not in early next year's Direct. I want a full blowout at E3. Same for Zelda.

Regarding FE x SMT, it's almost been a year with no info at all. Could it have been cancelled? :(

I don't think it's cancelled, as someone on here pointed out to me last month, Persona 3DS was discussed years before it was actually revealed. We just have to wait for SMT x FE.

Even that would be too much to expect from Nintendo.
I expect rehashing information from all the known games (DKTF, MK8)

Rehasing what on MK8? We've had a few demos from the same gameplay and very little footage of the game. Anything they show will most likely be brand new. Via Super Mario 3D World reveal that took 3 Directs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom