• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

This direct will determine my wii u fate, I bought it really for MH3 and I been done with that game, I don't touch my wii u and don't want to pay $50-60 for wii u games anymore since I rather spend that on other systems. If this direct is a joke like Reggie's latest announcement, I'm a just list the whole thing ong eBay.

No offense, but don't wait. Do it now...today. If you refuse to even bother with games that are already out, then there's no point. Sheesh. I never understand this kind of thinking. Just do everyone, including yourself, a favor and stick it up on eBay.

• 2 new Wii-U games announced. This is a must, unless they're totally abandoning the system.
  • 1 new 3DS game announced.
  • More info on X, Yarn Yoshi, Yoshi and Kirby 3DS, Mario Kart, Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney.
  • Two new Smash characters announced + 1 returning veteran.
  • Aknowledging the existence of Fire Emblem x SMT and Mario Golf 3DS.
  • Something totally unexpected that will make people go crazy: positive or negative.

Expectations like this are why you guys are always disappointed in the directs.

Announcements like at E3 or in the January Direct are a rarity.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sometime I felt this gif can be great representative for some people here.

ibdS2ci8nfaxBA.gif

Tehalemi

"Fine. You don't like us talking about Donkey Kong. 'Oh Donkey Kong won't save the Wii U, fucking Donkey Kong, we already know about Donkey Kong,' blah blah blah. Okay, we're canceling Donkey Kong. No more Donkey Kong! Mean ol' Cranky is gone! Now what, geniuses?" *iwata crosses arms in a huff and frowns at the camera*

ppffffffffhahahahahha! xD

Had a mental visual of it the whole time reading this. Good god man.

Prediction. Wii u production will cease completely. All current wii u owners can trade in their system to Nintendo to receive a free zelda t shirt. Limited time offer.

Yes you have to pay for shipping both ways.

I know this is a joke (I hope), but Nintendo NEVER charges shipping (at least not for the US). What they would do for a situation like this is send you a box that they pay the shipping for for you to put your WiiU into, then they pay for the shipping back to them as well as the shipping on the shirt.

deleted

Wow, I didn't expect another direct this year.

If I get a release date for MK8, I'll be happy.
If I get a release date for Smash I'll go crazy.
If there will be anything about the N64 VC I'll be satisfied.

Everything else is already a huge bonus. New games or new material for Yoshi, SMTxFE, Smash, X etc. will already be much more than expected.

Goldeneye 008 by Retro confirmed.

I know you're joking, but this is something I've dreamt about ever since Activision gave up the rights to James Bond video games. I would love for Nintendo to acquire those rights and hand it over to Retro. I know everyone wants Metroid next, but I would definitely take a new Bond game over Metroid.

DaBoss

The list of games that have already been announced that I expect would be there:
Kirby Triple Deluxe (JP: Jan 11)
Bravely Default (NA: Feb 11)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (NA: Feb 21)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (NA: Feb 28)
Mario Kart 8 (Spring 2014)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Early 2014 for EU while it is just 2014 for NA according to Wikipedia)
Yoshi's New Island (2014)
Yoshi Yarn (?)

They may also talk about 3DS Miiverse now that it is out.

Maybe one new game announcement? I doubt it. If there is one, I imagine it being that F2P Steel Diver game.

MADGAME

To be frank, if you aren't interested in any of the games which have already been announced for it, then you probably aren't going to be interested in anything else they might announce. Cut your losses and sell it now before the value depreciates any further.

Let someone who actually can get some enjoyment out of the system use it.

Because selling it tomorrow as opposed to today will really rack up a depreciation loss?

XaosWolf

Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 and Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
New character for Smash revealed. More talk about 3DS MiiVerse.

X released shortly after the presentation.

The list of games that have already been announced that I expect would be there:
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Early 2014 for EU while it is just 2014 for NA according to Wikipedia)
Yoshi Yarn (?)

This is my prediction too. These games seem the most likely to be talked about.

This would make for a good direct too.

sd28821

If what you already know is coming isn't doing it for you, you should probably sell it and get it over with.

I know everyone here wants every direct to be full of megatons, but they are mostly there to pump up whatever they having coming out next and give info on those. This will really only talk about stuff we know is coming in the spring, nothing more, nothing less.

If we get any 'OMG Crazy news!' Directs, it'll be in January, just like earlier this year. Sometimes you guys need to be realistic and reasonable with your expectations of the Directs.

yep all i know is that there will be moaning and bitching about it not being what some people wanted

Even if it is no new titles, that means we will be getting Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, X, Bayo 2 and stuff like that in the spring, which wont be a bad thing.

Certainly not, especially when all titles are announced to feature Cranky.

I also hope that someone else is wearing an innocuous Metroid accessory.

MADGAME

Even if it is no new titles, that means we will be getting Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, X, Bayo 2 and stuff like that in the spring, which wont be a bad thing.

Yes, not necessarily a bad thing if those titles are included.

On the flip side, mildly disappointing for me as I am (im)patiently awaiting Zelda, Metroid, X, and SMTxFE announcements among others.

SuperSah

Banned
To be frank, if you aren't interested in any of the games which have already been announced for it, then you probably aren't going to be interested in anything else they might announce. Cut your losses and sell it now before the value depreciates any further.

Let someone who actually can get some enjoyment out of the system use it.

Wait, people actually WANT Wii U's?!?!?!

:p

methodman

Banned
Seriously though, I think they should release the WiiU version of smash and then the 3ds version a little later. Feel like the 3ds version will cannibalize any sales the WiiU might gain from the game. (I'll personally be buying both regardless)

"I think that Direct went well, Reggie."

"Mr. Iwata, the Internet is upset at you because of your F-Zero pin."

"My wha- who keeps putting these things on our jackets!?"

Tusk

Yoshi Yarn (?)

They may also talk about 3DS Miiverse now that it is out.

Maybe one new game announcement? I doubt it. If there is one, I imagine it being that F2P Steel Diver game.

This is for spring. Feb. isn't spring, it's winter. Though, they might show a little bit of that stuff anyway.

Inotti

Hey Nintendo! Let's make a deal: You give me Majora's Mask 3D and Dragon Quest VII and I give you my money. *puppy eyes*

I'm trying not to get hyped because I'm 90% sure they will not talk about anything new that will excite me. What kills me is that I know they are working on games they have not spoke about yet. Why can't they just say, 'Hi, yes we are making Metroid, look here's a quick screenshot. It's real!'

Linkhero1

Not expecting much. Probably going to go over Smash, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country. Also announce an expansion for their expansion of the year.

Growlie19

Any more room on the hype train? It seems kind of packed. Never mind, found an open space.

Not expecting too much in this Direct, but I'm watching it anyways. You never know what surprises are in store whenever these happen. More on Mario Kart 8 would be great, and a returning Smash fighter would be awesome, too. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

AniHawk

i think the only legitimate surprise would be if smash bros. really is coming out in the earlier part of the year, signaling other big games for the holiday (or a successor to the wii u.....!)

NeonZ

Regarding FE x SMT, it's almost been a year with no info at all. Could it have been cancelled? :(

I'm not worried because we only got any extra information about Mario Kart and X due to the E3 presentation (and one year before they didn't even intend to announce Awakening's localization at E3), so, it's not like Nintendo has been completely open about all their 2014 games while silent about SMT x FE. It still appeared in their release lists too, although never with any date assigned to it.

Only Smash has gotten new information aside from E3 videos, and it has been much more low profile than Brawl's pre-release campaign.

I'm guessing they are releasing a major title on 3DS or Wii U once a week for the months of February and March culminating with Mario Kart on Wii U. Unannounced games will be released in this timeframe.

Seriously though, I think they should release the WiiU version of smash and then the 3ds version a little later. Feel like the 3ds version will cannibalize any sales the WiiU might gain from the game. (I'll personally be buying both regardless)

I agree, Wii U version should be a Summer release and 3DS version in the holidays, or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom