• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Nintendo Directs are starting to bore me. It seems like they are just regurgitating information that we already know, aside from exact release dates.

You haven't been watching very many Nintendo Directs. Almost every Nintendo-developed game that was released this year or planned to be released in the future that we know of had its initial announcement during a Nintendo Direct, especially within the last few minutes. The only exception that comes to mind is the F2P SteelDiver game.

AniHawk

okay, realistic expectations:

-bravely default 2ds announced for $130. does not come with game, but has special design.
-yoshi's new island releasing in february and comes with a download copy of yoshi's island ds, heralding ds games being added to the virtual console
-account systems are finally and fully put into place starting april
-mario golf is revealed to be mario golf vs hot shots golf as sony can make a ton of money by being a third-party to nintendo i mean the audience is there
-kirby triple deluxe announced for march in the us
-advance wars awakening announced, no details yet

-donkey kong country tf is free to play for existing wii u owners for one month
-wii uprice drop to $200, removing the gamepad. donkey kong country tf bundled with gamepad separately for $100, comes with vouchers for dkc 1-3 on virtual console with purchase
-mario kart 8 releasing in march, also bundled with gamepad for $100. introducing sonic as a special guest racer
-hd versions of games revealed, with the first games hitting in february: donkey kong country returns hd; march: super mario galaxy hd; april: super mario galaxy 2 hd; may: new super mario bros. wii hd
-super smash bros. 4 wii u announced for april. characters can be obtained in-game or through figures to be sold in store. additional characters will be made available this way through 2014.
-bayonetta 2 release in may. xbox one and ps4 versions finally announced with extra content.
-final sonic game revealed to be sonic and mario, a crossover platformer with input from ead tokyo's other team and the main people behind sonic generations
-finally, a teaser for zelda with a website counting down 7 months until e3 (just a logo and music)

Where is this gif from, I need to know

icMn6YRNdz0M4.gif

jmizzal

I'm expecting little because I would think Nintendo would want to have bigger announcements for a January Direct, after all the new Christmas owners of WiiU/3DS can be included

Who says Nintendo wants to save stuff for the Jan ND? They had the Jan ND last year because they didnt have anything announced for WiiU outside of launch window games.

And plus they use to only have ND every 2 months, now they have one every month, this could be the big ND which will show all things up until E3 which is when Spring ends.

I dont get why some people think DK and Mario Kart are the only retail games coming out until E3. I believe this is the ND to show us what we can expect to play up until that point in the year.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Lets get real now:

- Shenmue 3
- Skies of Arcadia 2
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- New Chrono Trigger by Original Team
- Zelda U
- New Dark Souls
- Nintendo buys Mega Man
- Nintendo buys Monster Hunter
- Eternal Darkness 2
- Nintendo buys EA and closes it for the lulz

- Nintendo buys Platinum and closes them so noone else gets their games
ever
- GTA VI exclusive
- Iwata resigns and Bobby Kotick becomes new CEO
- Declares in the same Nintendo Direct that all these megatons are cancelled
- Announces 10 new CODs, iOS exclusive

This was the best :)

llehuty

"A Mario Kart 8 demo with one playable circuit and online multiplayer will be available at the end of the presentation"

Believe.

JoeM86

Wish people would cut this out. It's just not happening.

Anyway, they'd be remiss to not have at least one surprise for this Direct, with the year the Wii U's had.

Of course it will. It's a worldwide Nintendo Direct. These ones always have new things

These Nintendo Directs are starting to bore me. It seems like they are just regurgitating information that we already know, aside from exact release dates.

The ones like the ones last month, sure. The worldwide ones? No

I just wonder if we'll see something like Miyamoto's new game, and hopefully it (and maybe others) will actually finally show us some compelling two-gamepad uses. They made such a point about that at E3 2012 and we never saw anything come of it. I want to see that...and EarthBound Zero and Two for VC... Also, I wonder if they moved up their big January Direct to this just because.. Christmas : )

All I really expect is a full Cranky Kong trailer and possibly a release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe. I don't we're going to see anything about stuff like X, SMTxFE or Yarn Yoshi until next year.

Yarn Yoshi is still a possibility for the summer or Fall. It's not out of the question, especially given how little we've seen of the game(and no, those 2 long ass GameXplain Youtube videos don't count)

Do you guys think they'll make any new third party game announcements?

As dire as the third party situation is on the Wii U, we have no reason to believe that Nintendo isn't doing something behind the scenes. SOMETHING is in development

73V3N

Banned
"Mario Kart 8 is actually a F2P game, everyone gets Shy Guy for free, pay 10$ for each extra character and 40$ for each cup you want"

Brofield

But can we please get the Wii Karaoke U app in time for my Christmas party on the 22nd?

I want my parents drunk friends to sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

semaanator

Neo Member
Nintendo announces that 2014 is "Year of the Cranky".

-Cranky DLC.for new DKC game
-New game on Nintendo eShop: "Cranky Crush". It's a puzzle game like Bejeweled.
-Followup to DKC: Tropical Freeze announced. It's called "Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Kong Quest". It's being worked on by Retro Studios. They cancelled the next Metroid game because they knew how much fans want more Cranky.

This post almost killed me! I can't stop laughing!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If there's no Bayonetta 2 stuff Nintendo is dead to me.

I wonder how much time is actually going to be devoted to Donkey Kong, the game we know practically everything about.

Why so much harping on Donkey Kong? Tropical Freeze has unfairly been the brunt of our wrath because it's not Metroid Dread, Zelda U, or the Pipe of Hopes, Shits, and Wishes. It's not Cranky's fault :p

You know what I really appreciate about Nintendo Directs? How soon after they are announced that we actually get them. Announcing an announcement that is still weeks or even months away is one of the cheapest marketing gimmicks out there.

Nintendo doesn't do that shit with directs.

"Please understand, we're gonna have an upcoming direct about our first quarter 2014 games

(laughs)"

Discomurf

mostly likely...

DKC TF - new level & playable character
Mario Kart 8 gameplay + release date
Smash Bros Character Reveal trailer
VC Announcements
Upcoming 3rd Party - Lego Movie, Lego Hobbit, Watch Dogs
Wii Sports Club Baseball and Golf Release date
Yoshi Epic Yarn Trailer
Bayonetta 2 Trailer

thefro

You know what I really appreciate about Nintendo Directs? How soon after they are announced that we actually get them. Announcing an announcement that is still weeks or even months away is one of the cheapest marketing gimmicks out there.

"Please understand, we're gonna have an upcoming direct about our first quarter 2014 games

(laughs)"

Probably a good thing considering how out of control the hype train gets when we have a week or two.

(laughs)"

Yeah, was thinking about that.

Even 3 days would be a bit tough to wait for us psychos but the next day???

Excellent.

honestly I'll be completely smitten and swooning at them just showing me new MK 8 footage. That game is gorgeous and I was even having a blast playing the 50cc demo stages over and over again this summer.

HYDE

Banned
Bayonetta Wii U release date and Metroid for 3DS...that is all i want.

Save Zelda U/Super Mario Universe/and Metroid Prime U for E3...oh and Grezzos Majoras Mask for 3DS.

nick380

Neo Member
New Kirby Air Ride announcement!! BELIEVE!!! Nintendo, give me a reason to buy your console this christmas...please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom