• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

Can someone post that leornado decaprio GIF of him poppin and locking with the crowd of people around him... Please

This one?

maklare2.gif

in order to promote donkey kong country: tropical freeze across america, we have released twelve wily gorillas into select cities nationwide. each of them is wearing a red tie, just like donkey kong. on the back of the tie is a nintendo eshop code for donkey kong country: tropical freeze. please be on the lookout for these gorillas.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope they kill off Canky by the end of Tropical Freeze. Get him out of the DK canon already. He's been alive for way too long. He should join Wrinkly.

Gorilla's have a life expectancy of 35 to 40 years. Cranky's first appearance was in 1981. Based on his physiology we can assume he was fully developed, male gorillas reaching maturity around 11 to 13 years of age.

This would make Cranky Kong at least 44. 2014 could indeed be the Year of Cranky. The last one.

Weng

Starts with Tropical Freeze, followed by Cranky in Mario Kart, Cranky in Smash, Cranky Kong's Crash Course Nintendo Land DLC, a game called Cranky's Arcade (developed by Kamiya) and Cranky Kong Racing, a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing co-developed by Sumo Digital including riding animals as seen in the Donkey Kong Racing Trailer.

SuperSah

Banned
It's far to early to assume that the Smash audience will jump to 3DS instead of just not picking up either version.

Be honest. It's not just Smash fans buying Smash. Parents likely already have their kids 3DS' will probably buy them the 3DS game. Casuals will see the 3DS is a lot cheaper, and so forth.

Many people I know have opted for the 3DS version only as they see no reason to buy a Wii U.

Linkhero1

Gorilla's have a life expectancy of 35 to 40 years. Cranky's first appearance was in 1981. Based on his physiology we can assume we was fully developed, male gorillas reaching maturity around 11 to 13 years of age.

This would make Cranky Kong at least 44. 2014 could indeed be the Year of Cranky. The last one.

I'm hoping he suffers a mild stroke fighting a boss in Tropical Freeze and gets rushed off to the nearest vet. Then in Donkey Kong 64U he'll be a ghost. All according to keikaku of course.

-Horizon-

in order to promote donkey kong country: tropical freeze across america, we have released twelve wily gorillas into select cities nationwide. each of them is wearing a red tie, just like donkey kong. on the back of the tie is a nintendo eshop code for donkey kong country: tropical freeze. please be on the lookout for these gorillas.

Planet of the Cranky

Berordn

Be honest. It's not just Smash fans buying Smash. Parents likely already have their kids 3DS' will probably buy them the 3DS game. Casuals will see the 3DS is a lot cheaper, and so forth.

Many people I know have opted for the 3DS version only as they see no reason to buy a Wii U.

Hey, everyone I know thinks Mario 3D World is the greatest game released in the last five years.

Sure didn't do anything for sales.

during the last nintendo direct, we announced our gorilla-based promotion for donkey kong country: tropical freeze. however, it soon became apparent that the wily gorillas were more enraged than wily, due to the discomfort of the ties, and also lack of food. we apologize to all those harmed or killed by the wrath of the jungle kings. any persons affected by this, where terms apply, will receive an 80% discount on the wii u virtual console download of donkey kong for the nintendo entertainment system.

during the last nintendo direct, we announced our gorilla-based promotion for donkey kong country: tropical freeze. however, it soon became apparent that the wily gorillas were more enraged than wily, due to the discomfort of the ties, and also lack of food. we apologize to all those harmed or killed by the wrath of the jungle kings. any persons affected by this, where terms apply, will receive an 80% discount on the wii u virtual console download of donkey kong for the nintendo entertainment system.

Luckily, when wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

chadboban

All I really expect is a full Cranky Kong trailer and possibly a release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe. I don't we're going to see anything about stuff like X, SMTxFE or Yarn Yoshi until next year.

jmizzal

My WiiU expectation for this direct

More DKCTF info
Mario Kart 8 date
Wii Sports club games dated
Steel Diver Sub Wars date info
Bayo 1 port announced Jan/Feb
Bayo 2 Spring
DQX date
More VC info GBA games maybe N64
Maybe more HD remakes
Surprise Smash Bros Spring

Linkhero1

If so, I think it'll just amount to them saying "Oh by the way DK is out in February, so don't forget to pick it up" or something.

This is Nintendo so they'll have a trailer prepared with gameplay of the same levels we've seen. Oh and more Cranky.

i think the only legitimate surprise would be if smash bros. really is coming out in the earlier part of the year, signaling other big games for the holiday (or a successor to the wii u.....!)

Wish people would cut this out. It's just not happening.

Anyway, they'd be remiss to not have at least one surprise for this Direct, with the year the Wii U's had.

javac

My WiiU expectation for this direct

More DKCTF info
Mario Kart 8 date
Wii Sports club games dated
Steel Diver Sub Wars date info
Bayo 1 port announced Jan/Feb
Bayo 2 Spring
DQX date
More VC info GBA games maybe N64
Maybe more HD remakes
Surprise Smash Bros Spring

Seems legit apart from the VC stuff and Bayonetta 1 port. I think we'll have one new game as well. Maybe more on Yarn Yoshi.

Exciting!
We won't here about Smash, as it seemingly isn't out In Spring.. but hopefully they'll do another big January direct and show it.

"Did you all have a good Year of Luigi? Well, we didn't! I mean, we sorta did, but nobody really cared outside of 'oh these games are ni-' FUCK Luigi. Stupid year. ...Luigi."

j-wood

These Nintendo Directs are starting to bore me. It seems like they are just regurgitating information that we already know, aside from exact release dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom