• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
i think the only legitimate surprise would be if smash bros. really is coming out in the earlier part of the year, signaling other big games for the holiday (or a successor to the wii u.....!)

Even without SSB, they must have other 1-2 games for spring (March to June) besides Mario Kart 8.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
cranky7qrkm.png

Terra

Hoping for Borderlands 2 and Skyrim - Legendary edition with gamepad functionality.
Then I am yooours Nintendo!

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I'm expecting little because I would think Nintendo would want to have bigger announcements for a January Direct, after all the new Christmas owners of WiiU/3DS can be included

-Horizon-

I'm not worried because we only got any extra information about Mario Kart and X due to the E3 presentation, so, it's not like Nintendo has been completely open about all their 2014 games while silent about SMT x FE. It still appeared in their release lists too, although never with any date assigned to it. Only Smash has gotten new information aside from E3 videos, and it has been much more low profile than Brawl's pre-release campaign.

I think its still alive and aiming for a (late) 2014 release.

Timeaisis

I'm going to assume we're getting:
- Mario Kart 8 release date
- Some other Wii U release date (Yoshi/Bayo/etc)
- One new Wii U title
- Two new 3DS titles
- Possibly a new Smash reveal

Realistic possibilities
Wii U
DK
MK
Golf in WSC
Maybe:
Bayo 2
SSB info
another HD remake
Miyamoto´s secret IP: no scratch this, forgot it is for casuals

3DS
Kirby
Yoshi´s Island

Frolow

Banned
Awesome news to wake up to.

I'm guessing:
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Yoshi's Epic Yarn
Steel Diver: Sub Wars
GBA/N64 Virtual Console Announcements
Smash Character Reveal

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Golf 3DS
Yoshi's New Island
Bravely Default
Professor Layton 6
Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright

Fantastic.

Hello.

Banned
might b cool. even if no new titles are announced, "spring" gives me hope they'll show more Smash and MK8 footage.

As always, low expectations for myself so I don't get too wrapped up in my would-be disappointment.

JB2448

I'm glad they decided to do it this week and not on Christmas. That would have gotten weird. I'd like a North American release date for Kirby: Triple Deluxe
with some Super Deluxe fries and a DeDeDe shake and Mother 3 on the GBA Wii U Virtual Console kthxbye

*camera jostles into Iwata's office, Iwata is busy*

"One moment please. I- huh? Is... is something going on?"

"It's time for the Nintendo Direct Mr. Iwata."

"I... don't recall scheduling one for today. If it's alright, I think I need to make a phone ca-"

*click* "Tell us about Metroid."

"Wwwwwwwe're not making a Me-" *click* "IT'LL BE SUPER GOOD"

Updated predictions (Nintendoomed edition!)

- Iwata resigns
- Wii U cancelled
- All previously announced Wii U games are condensed into one final mini-game centric title
- 3DS and 2DS production stopped
- Nintendo 1DS revealed. One screen, runs at one frame per second, priced at $11.99
- Shigeru Miyamoto utters a humbling prayer of sorrow to his ancestors, before committing seppuku with a modded Wii remote
- Bill Trinen torches the treehouse office, while his coworkers look on with tear-streaked faces
- Last shot of the direct pans to Reggie, naked and alone in the remnants of his office. He's caked in feces and muttering incoherently. Yamauchi's ghost begins cursing him from beyond the grave. Reggie curls up into the fetal position with his purple Pikmin plushie, and waits for sweet oblivion to take him home.

The final official six seconds of footage ever released by Nintendo

Now none of us can be disappointed! No matter what happens, it won't be this bad.

Linkhero1

I hope they kill off Canky by the end of Tropical Freeze. Get him out of the DK canon already. He's been alive for way too long. He should join Wrinkly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom