• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

just so we're all clear, when they say 'through spring 2014' they clearly mean from Jan 1 to roughly the end of June?

that's a nice wide birth I'd say

Nintendo of Europe says "by Spring", and Nintendo of America says "through Spring". So, yeah.

By the way, I'm disappointed guys. 19+ pages, and this .JIF is still missing? :eek:

9ZVcyFV.gif

Zalman

REALISTIC expectations this time:

- Zelda U
- Star Fox by Platinum
- F-Zero by Sumo Digital
- Metroid Prime 4 by Retro
- Mega Man 11 by Capcom, exclusive partnership

BowieZ

Banned
Since Nintendo often will release something like an update on the 31st of a month if they said "by" that month, so too could "by Spring" mean 'by June 30th.'

And I have a strong feeling Smash will be out by then -- I mean, with Bandai's help, surely 2+ years is enough for Sakurai on such an iterative title? (k, maybe not... lol)

Either way, they said "focuses on" so there's always room for a tease about titles to come Spring or even Q3-4.

Just as long as it doesn't mention Pikmin 3 AGAIN I'll be happy...

qko

- Zelda U
- Star Fox by Platinum
- F-Zero by Sumo Digital

You forgot that one countdown to the new Fallout called Fallout: Retributions (a rail-shooter in the Fallout Universe) is a Wii U exclusive.

All I want.

Is to know when the fuck Mario Golf comes out.

If the Direct is just a Mario Golf trailer than I would be 100% satisfied. I'm going insaaaaaaane

All I want.

Is to know when the fuck Mario Golf comes out.

If the Direct is just a Mario Golf trailer than I would be 100% satisfied. I'm going insaaaaaaane

Actually now that I think about it, with the Wiimote+ and better HW on the U, it would be awesome to get a proper Golf game.

Okay, pretty deep inside Iwata's computer right now - found this in the trash bin

BbtMzIeCEAAYhza.png:large

Holy shit!! that find would be a Megaton, lol

Glass Joe

- Zelda U
- Star Fox by Platinum
- F-Zero by Sumo Digital

Hmm. Maybe Mega Man X9? Oh, and upgrades to MM9 & 10 to allow off-tv support would be nice too.

I doubt we'd see game announcements for stuff not intended to be released by Spring, but F-Zero by Sumo would be cool (they did a great job on Sonic All Stars) and Star Fox by Platinum would make sense too.

PBY

Banned
Hmm. Maybe Mega Man X9? Oh, and upgrades to MM9 & 10 to allow off-tv support would be nice too.

I doubt we'd see game announcements for stuff not intended to be released by Spring, but F-Zero by Sumo would be cool (they did a great job on Sonic All Stars) and Star Fox by Platinum would make sense too.
What

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Chibi Robo was rated for international release a while back, so I expect to see it here.

Also, release dates for SMT4 and Devilish Brain Training fo Europe.

fred

So do we expect something new and fantastic or is it the normal direct hype level?

I think we may see an announcement of a new title that explains why Iwata thinks Nintendo will sell 9m Wii Us and Patcher thinks Nintendo will sell 6.5m Wii Us before the end of the financial year.

There has to be some reason why their expectations are so high.

The only thing I can think of is a Pokemon Megaton. Nothing else I can think of is going to move that many systems.

Mariolee

Judging by the leaks in this thread, it looks like we have confirmation of F-Zero UX, Star Fox Infinity, and Metroid Prime 4 all to be announced tomorrow. Someone wanna make a new thread for new info?

Realistic Exceptations:
New full Zeldas for WiiU and 3DS, release this year
Shenmue 3
StarTropics 2
Super Mario Universe
F-Zero U
Banjo-Threeie

Anything else will be a disappointment.

Or, just forget it, I just can't wait until after the the Direct and just say
Fuck You, Nintendo.
There's already a StarTropics 2 for the NES.

Gimme a Little Nemo the Dream Master sequel by Wayforward!

Glass Joe

What? I was replying to a poster that I agree with his choices of studios to take handle of certain franchises. And that maybe a new Mega Man X game would make sense instead of Mega Man 11. An SNES reboot instead of NES. Especially with that MMX eShop sale.

SaviorX

Expectations:
Donkey Kong delayed til April.
Mario. Kart still have vague Spring release date
Brief recap of games already released in December with minor additional content.
New 3DS game teaser, moderately huge
Miiverse expansion
New Wii U bundle
Dragon Quest localization
Close the direct with Iwata holding a dildo.

That's right, CAPTAIN RAINBOW 2

XaosWolf

Reggie comes out in a Captain Falcon costume, Miyamoto wears Majora's Mask and Iwata is in a Power Suit. They then proceed to do the entire presentation without mentioning any of these games.

There is no presentation, and no dressing up.

They simply step up and place Majora's Mask, Cpt Falcon and Samus' helmet on a table.
Then just 35 minutes of them standing there in silence and staring unblinking into the camera.

I think we may see an announcement of a new title that explains why Iwata thinks Nintendo will sell 9m Wii Us and Patcher thinks Nintendo will sell 6.5m Wii Us before the end of the financial year.

There has to be some reason why their expectations are so high.

The only thing I can think of is a Pokemon Megaton. Nothing else I can think of is going to move that many systems.
Stop using logic. The GAF way is to pull things out of our asses. :mad:

Nibiru

Banned
I just got a wii u and am playing the hell out of it. I am hoping to hear about a game we haven't heard about honestly my expectations are very low and all I expect for Wii u is donkey kong stuff and a new smash bros reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom