• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Any chance of footage from FAST Racing Neo?

Also, I'd like to see some news on N64 VC games or if they'll do any HD remasters for N64 games.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Cranky Quest XI
Crankby 3DS
Cranky Hunter 4 for the west
Cranky Kart 8
Shin Crankanmi IV (EU only)
Crankonetta 2
Super Crank Bros (Wii U + 3DS)
Cranky Kong Country TF

ASIS

No Zelda til E3, I'm guessing.
Well yeah. But Nintendo is an illogical company so there's a very slim chance it will show up, it's an almost zero chance yeah, but why not expect it? It's not going to be the end of the world if it isn't revealed tomorrow anyway.

In recent years, many of our North American fans have been clamoring for an new entry in one of our classic series: F-Zero. Today, I am happy to announce a new title in the F-Zero series, coming to Wii U this spring. Please, take a look.

*trailer starts*

*it's a 2D sidescrolling racing game*

So realistically, we're expecting:

DKCR Tropical Freeze
Wii U Sports stuff
Bravely Default
Yarn Yoshi
Kirby 3DS
Pokemon Bank?

Now, to put some good vibes out into the universe:
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest VII
X Info

kthxbye

Poyunch

In recent years, many of our North American fans have been clamoring for an new entry in one of our classic series: F-Zero. Today, I am happy to announce a new title in the F-Zero series, coming to Wii U this spring. Please, take a look.

*trailer starts*

*it's a 2D sidescrolling racing game*

Starring fucking Cranky Kong.

Son Of D

Well yeah. But Nintendo is an illogical company so there's a very slim chance it will show up, it's an almost zero chance yeah, but why not expect it? It's not going to be the end of the world if it isn't revealed tomorrow anyway.

Well according to the experts of Internet Hyperbole, yes it is. Although Zelda will just be mentioned in passing at most ("We will show you the new entry in the Legend of Zelda series at E3 next year").

Tony91

As long as they'll announce one or more of these, it'll be ok to me:

1. New Zelda
2. GC VC
3. New Metroid
4. New Action Game
5. Release date in spring for Super Smash Bros U
6. Mario Kart 8 new features
7. A New IP
8. X Footage + Release windows
9. Anything Starfox related
10. A new HD game that's been wanted forever (Majora's Mask? Eternal Darkness?)

It'll be a fail if there is going to be only things about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

The game's itself is great, but we need to hear about something NEW!!!

I'm hoping for an announcement of a Pokemon console game. Realistically, we're never going to get something like the handheld games on the console. And we're also realistically never getting an open world pokemon.

However, my fellow Pokemon fans should take note that there's an NPC in XY that specifically mentions he's not from any of the 6 handheld regions. That leaves Orre or perhaps a new region which would be perfect for a new Colosseum or XD Gale of Darkness sequel. (not to mention there's that one item that states its from a faraway land)

So, since Bank is coming out, there's nothing right now on the horizon for Pokemon fans. Just a tipoff of something new would be great.

This will be interesting. I'm not expecting any groundbreaking announcement, but any Wii U news is more than welcome to me. Looking forward to it!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Hopefully we get more news on that Seaman 3D game.
And IronFall.
And Renegade Kid.
And (better) VC on 3DS next year.

Oh and that Wii U thing with Smash Bros

Neiteio

Here are my minimalist and super-conservative predictions:

- Dedicated account systems for WiiU and 3DS to track purchases
- Influx of new titles for both Virtual Consoles
- Permanent price reduction for all VC titles
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (WiiU), compiling HD remakes of SM64DS, SMS, SMG and SMG2
- WiiU bundle with Super Mario 3D All-Stars and Super Mario 3D World
- Kid Icarus: Uprising HD (WiiU)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (WiiU)
- MPT now includes Hunters and Pinball, revamped in HD
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Saga (HD PoR/RD compilation for WiiU)
- The Xenoblade Chronicles & Baiten Kaitos Collection HD (WiiU)
- Monolith Soft's X -- English name, date, details
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate worldwide release, for 3DS and WiiU
- Steel Diver free-to-play online multiplayer title
- Mother 3 English localization coming to WiiU eShop
- Bayonetta: Collector's Edition -- definitive edition of first title, available on WiiU eShop
- Bayonetta CE includes digital copies of anime film, "Eyes of Bayonetta," demo of Bayonetta 2
- All-new MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED for WiiU, from Next Level Games
- All-new STAR FOX for WiiU, from Hideki Kamiya and PlatinumGames
- All-new F-ZERO and WAVE RACE titles for WiiU
- All-new METROID titles, for both 3DS and WiiU
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess DX (WiiU, remake in style of tech demo)
- First look at The Legend of Zelda for WiiU (tentative title)
- Six Smash Bros. newcomers, revealed piecemeal: Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, Palutena, Ridley, Pac-Man
- Takamaru reveal includes localization of Mysterious Murasame Castle, special Iwata Asks
- Six Smash Bros. veterans also confirmed: Wario, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Ness, Captain Falcon, Solid Snake

The one bit that might be a bit out there is Yoshi coming back in Smash. I mean, it just doesn't seem likely. Oh well.

Man, people are gonna be disappointed with all this insane hype.

I'll be happy if they announce new Streetpass puzzles for ALBW and 3D World. :p

dani_dc

If they finally announce an Euro date for SMT IV I'll be happy.

Everything else will be bonuses.

...Here's hoping for some tasty christmas bonuses.

Haines

Banned
I am thinking there will be some kind of DLC announced. Maybe for Super Mario 3D World.

What makes you think that? Nintendo has said they dont have any DLC in the works for World, and I dont see what other game they could add anything to.

I want to see Kart/Smash/Yoshi. That would make me happy. They will probably promote the hell out of DKC which is fine, but I hate being spoiled on a game im just about to play.
That really sucked when they had a top 10 spoiler list for world just before it hit. i should not have watched that shit and learned my lesson

Oh and just tell me Majora's is coming for 3ds. for the love of god.

ffdgh

- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (WiiU), compiling HD remakes of SM64DS, SMS, SMG and SMG2
- Bayonetta: Collector's Edition -- definitive edition of first title, available on WiiU eShop
- Bayonetta CE includes digital copies of anime film, "Eyes of Bayonetta," demo of Bayonetta 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess DX (WiiU, remake in style of tech demo)
- Six Smash Bros. newcomers, revealed piecemeal: Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, Palutena, Ridley, Pac-Man
- Takamaru reveal includes localization of Mysterious Murasame Castle, special Iwata Asks
- Six Smash Bros. veterans also confirmed: Wario, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Ness, Captain Falcon, Solid Snake

The one bit that might be a bit out there is Yoshi coming back in Smash. I mean, it just doesn't seem likely. Oh well.

" minimalist " Alright Neiteio lol.

zyf56ff.jpg

My bingo is ready.

my handwriting is not

EktorPR

Color me
cautiously
excited.

So, what happened with that Wii U Ambassador Program rumor? Would that make it to tomorrow's ND?

L Thammy

What a silly list. You don't even have the most obvious thing; Nintendo buying Capcom.
EDIT: DAMN IT NEITEIO

afoni

Banned

you should go to a doctor about that, it's not safe if you've had it like that for more than 5 hours

Oddduck

Color me
cautiously
excited.

So, what happened with that Wii U Ambassador Program rumor? Would that make it to tomorrow's ND?

People need to give up this idea that Wii U is getting an ambassador program. We're already one year into Wii U's life.

Calamari41

41 > 38

A bit conservative. I'm expecting this at the very least.

Some Nobody

And Nintendo still couldn't save itself with this. /GAFcynicism

Anyway I think I'm going to skip this one. I've been watching these things (All Access, VGX) only for nothing to come of them so even though logic says they should have some stuff in store, I'm going to assume they don't and sleep through it.

If they announce some stuff, the news sites will be packed with it. If they announce nothing, I'll have at least gotten some good sleep?

Guys, I was able to watch an advanced copy of the Direct before tomorrow's broadcast time. Here are the highlights:

Zelda: Retribution revealed with an October, 2014 release date. Takes place in Hyrule in a bleak, post-apocalyptic near future overrun by Gibdos. Link uses the sword for melee combat and sword beam as a default weapon. Additional weapons (i.e. Fire Rod and Cane of Somaria) can be purchased via microtransaction in the online Malo Mart shop. Zelda can also be purchased as a playable character in Malo Mart; controls just like Link but has realistic jiggle physics. 5 hour single player campaign in an open sandbox Hyrule, split into missions and checklists, with frequent waypoints and regenerating health to ensure that all players can enjoy the story regardless of skill level. Zelda Online features 5 maps with more to come via DLC. $60.

Mario Kart 8. Mario, Koopa Troopa, and Shy Guy unlocked automatically. Additional characters and karts can be earned by winning races in Grand Prix mode, on average about 150 wins for the next unlock. Or, new characters and karts can be purchased via microstransaction for $20 per character/kart. Get the best deals by pre-ordering kart packs. According to Miyamoto, this new upgrade structure was implemented due to fan feedback and the desire to make sure that the best characters/karts feel rare and valuable. Nintendo does not anticipate any problems with online at launch and has not purchased any extra servers. $60.

The next Nintendo console, Nintendo Power Box, announced for Christmas 2014. Does not support GamePad, Wii Remote, or any input other than the Pro Controller. No backwards compatibility. Hardware specs on par with XBox One. Will feature mostly 3rd party multiplatform releases and HD remasters of classic Nintendo games, ported by Grezzo. Zelda: Retribution and Mario Kart 8 "definitive editions" for Nintendo Power Box available at launch for $60 each. $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom