• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZywyPL

Banned
Overall performance of what? Top speed on a graph? More often than not, its mostly used as surface level measurement especially marketing.

Maybe you buy cars by color, or shape, I don't know, but for majority of people HP does matter, that's how the world spins.

jose4gg

https://www.engadget.com/crysis-remastered-release-date-trailer-pc-ps4-xbox-one-152516565.html

"For the first time a Crytek game will feature ray tracing on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro powered by CRYENGINE’s proprietary software based ray tracing solution."
"The PC version will additionally support NVIDIA® DLSS technology and hardware-based ray tracing using NVIDIA’s VKRay Vulkan extension, for NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX GPU

Very interesting, I remember at the start of this generation, they had some talk about different ways to do RT without compromising performance. But I can't find the video right now :/

Neo Blaster

I would call it dualsense exclusive.
And being dualsense exclusive made it PS5 exclusive. But im pretty sure that it would run on PS4 just fine.

Its not a game. Just gimmick.
I had this exact theory at the time, that demo was named after Geoff. If it was made to show DualSense capabilities, it could very well be running on his PS4, much easier to just deliver him the controller and a code to download the demo.

ZywyPL

Banned
Still at it??? It's not the TF talk that points you as the Xbox fan... It's ALL of your defensiveness in your replies.

Yes still at it because I won't allow random kids in the internet to imply I'm an XB/MS fanboy when the only thing I have from MS is WIn10 and Office2016. Some people have no dignity and honor and let keyboard warriors trash on them, but I'm not one of those people, I do fight back. But I think were done now.

Just do me a favor and show me a game running on XSX. Show some game play
once more this stupid collective inspector Clouseau sony intelligence....
so what do you think?
xbox doesnt exist and its just lies spread over the internet?
or that its weaker than what they've shown at hot chips?

I will address you concerns, hopefully at least it will help you understand.

we 've said a thousand times that microsoft usually demo their launch games in devkit PCs,
and this is a trend of almost 20 years before the xbox games would even come to pc

xbox 360 said:
The system, along with some playable games, was shown off at E3 2005. The demos were running on "Xbox 360 Alpha Development Kits" which were Apple PowerMac G5s, chosen due to the PowerPC processor architecture that the machine shares with the Xbox 360. Microsoft claims that most of the games were running at 25–30% of full capacity because they were not running on actual systems.

in fact, xbox dev kits usually are less capable than the final release console.
it has happened on og xbox, xbox 360, we have learned that this is the case also on current xbox kits.

do some reading at least of the above links, because these claims and FUD are ridiculous. tiring bullshit, offering absolutely nothing but collective stupidity.
every console launch we have these "concerns" about how microsoft maybe pulling out leg with more powerful hardware than the console.
well guess what:
this is not sony with sadam's nuclear attack ps2 heads and motorstorm ps3 fake CGIs and cerny's secret ps5 sauces , mi amigo

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

once more this stupid collective inspector Clouseau sony intelligence....
so what do you think?
xbox doesnt exist and its just lies spread over the internet?
or that its weaker than what they've shown at hot chips?

I will address you concerns, hopefully at least it will help you understand.

we 've said a thousand times that microsoft usually demo their launch games in devkit PCs,
and this is a trend of almost 20 years before the xbox games would even come to pc

in fact, xbox dev kits usually are less capable than the final release console.
it has happened on og xbox, xbox 360, we have learned that this is the case also on current xbox kits.

do some reading at least of the above links, because these claims and FUD are ridiculous. tiring bullshit, offering absolutely nothing but collective stupidity.
this is not sony with sadam's nuclear attack ps2 heads and motorstorm ps3 fake CGIs and cerny's secret ps5 sauces , mi amigo

If you can't show game play then what are you in here running your mouth for?

Again. Show game play for any game running on the series x

https://www.engadget.com/crysis-remastered-release-date-trailer-pc-ps4-xbox-one-152516565.html

"For the first time a Crytek game will feature ray tracing on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro powered by CRYENGINE’s proprietary software based ray tracing solution."
"The PC version will additionally support NVIDIA® DLSS technology and hardware-based ray tracing using NVIDIA’s VKRay Vulkan extension, for NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX GPU
If they can pull this with software ray tracing on current gen, then this will show how the mid gen refreshes were not utilized at all. Even Sony's 1st party didn't utilize the pro.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
PS5 Ray Tracing Has Metro Exodus Very Excited

Bloch revealed that the team is fully embracing the technology moving forward, and the fact PS5 is supporting the feature is a huge thing for the team.
We are fully committed to ray tracing moving forward, and to see that available on the PS5 is probably the biggest feature we’re excited about. The faster SSD will help a lot with player experience, but adding support for ray tracing is the sort of thing that to us shows a true generational leap in the hardware.

Elsewhere, he also touched base on the PS5 DualSense controller and what it may bring to the Metro franchise.
Probably the first that comes to mind for Metro would be getting that tactile feedback of pressure as you pump up a pneumatic rifle.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

ignore list it is for you
5JIY.gif

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Not sure of that. They won't release exclusively on PC first if the game is ready for Xbox. Also, this doesn't seem to be possible on XOne. Maybe OneX but not the base model.

I won't be surprised if this doesn't release on console.

Also the complete game costs more than $120. What the fuck?
Dude, if it wasn't for Gamepass a lot of people wouldn't even touch this game at $60.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm not going to speculate on why it's only Xbox going discless... But if I had to make a guess, I'd say Ubi could be expecting more Series S to be sold than X.
Whereas the PS5 is probably 50/50...

That's a pretty logical sounding reasoning if that's what they're doing. That's pretty interesting if they are thinking that. What I mean is, for it to be 50/50 split, there might be a few things to that logic:
• Do they assume that more PS5 buyers go with the disc based system regardless of price difference?
• Do they factor in the concept of how many people they think will buy the disc based PS5 because they have a disc based library of games they want to keep?

I'm sure there could be other factors. The one thing this does do is hurt people in the United States with Data Caps by forcing them to use part of their monthly data pool to dload your game. Someone who might have bought the game on disc for XSX, might now not.

JonnyMP3

That's a pretty logical sounding reasoning if that's what they're doing. That's pretty interesting if they are thinking that. What I mean is, for it to be 50/50 split, there might be a few things to that logic:
• Do they assume that more PS5 buyers go with the disc based system regardless of price difference?
• Do they factor in the concept of how many people they think will buy the disc based PS5 because they have a disc based library of games they want to keep?

I'm sure there could be other factors. The one thing this does do is hurt people in the United States with Data Caps by forcing them to use part of their monthly data pool to dload your game. Someone who might have bought the game on disc for XSX, might now not.
As long as I have sound logical reasoning... I'm good, bro.
Everything else is just conjecture with no extra information, currently. Just got to wait and see!

ZywyPL

Banned

And guess how I exactly got it? Apparently when people on forum split in your face you have to pretend it's just rain, but I will keep standing for myself, I don't care how mods review it.

So show us how well XSX runs games, any game, take your time, no pressure.

Again, what's with that neverending MS obsession? But OK, maybe you have some reading comprehension issues with the info that is publicly available to everyone, I don;t know, but if so I'll be glad to help and put it down to you as simple as possible - it can run games up to 120FPS.

Yup just like i said marketing. High number = good.

Exactly. Kids even look at the speedometer and believe that's how fast a car can really go, I did as well xD

Last edited:
And trying to sell services without hardware?

It's why it's beneficial for them to sell alot of consoled. Most of the subscriptions will be on Xbox.
Yeah, I don't know where is he trying to sell his services.
He is also setting an expectation to his management. In Holliday 2020, hardware doesn't matter, their expectations is to see a surge in subscription that generates equivalent or higher revnue compared to playstation.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Ryan from IGN said his source from Microsoft told him that they are waiting for Sony to announce the PS5 price.

So both waiting for each other. We are less than 3 months away from launch and we are still waiting for price and pre-orders.

geordiemp

And guess how I exactly got it? Apparently when people on forum split in your face you have to pretend it's just rain, but I will keep standing for myself, I don't care how mods review it.

Again, what's with that neverending MS obsession? But OK, maybe you have some reading comprehension issues with the info that is publicly available to everyone, I don;t know, but if so I'll be glad to help and put it down to you as simple as possible - it can run games up to 120FPS.

Exactly. Kids even look at the speedometer and believe that's how fast a car can really go, I did as well xD

nWqA7Tw.jpg

yewles1

Consoles are released before Christmas for a reason. Let's speculate the impact of what happened:
  • Sales in the first year take a huge hit and those are important because the cost of launching a console is mostly visible during year 1 in financial reports. Shareholders will not be amused.
  • Early adopters (mostly hardcore) will just buy PS5 with several games to choose from.
  • The momentum of the whole brand is lost. Fewer people with the platform means less incentive for publishers to release games for it, not even to mention any platform-specific content or features. This creates a vicious circle.
  • Spencer lied that he was happy with how Halo looked. Some people will remember that and be careful with their purchases in the future.
It's a huge dumpster fire.
I'm probably gonna get banned for this opinion, but I believe XSX just became MS's PS3.

Vae_Victis

Banned
He just released a video. Grains of salt, but I timestamped on what he has heard/seen

Grain of salt about what? He said absolutely nothing.

First he reiterated the concepts from his own tweets one by one almost word for word (because I assume it was huge effort writing those, so might as well work smart), then made a few more hyper-generic, non-factual statements ("Awesome textures as far as the eye can see! Oceans of unannounced games, old franchises, new franchises, all the games were there! Things were loading so fast that I don't know if my dick will ever be non-erect again till the day I die!"), then the video ends.

He's even already covering his ass with several weird and otherwise pointless details that do nothing but throw smoke around the whole affair in case he needs a quick escape. The event was organized by a some mysterious PR company that he assumes worked for Sony (uh, what?!?); all he saw was marked as not final, not for the public, subject to change etc.; the video reel with all the games he saw might have just been for the event, it's possible it will never be shown to the public. The latter two at least make sense in abstract, but why do you feel the need to insist on these things so much after 3 straight minutes of unadulterated virtual fellatio of the PS5 lineup?

And mind you, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's simply making everything up for attention. Because if somehow he isn't, then he already breached whatever NDA he signed in at least half a dozen ways with his tweets and this video, and somebody's lawyer is about to hand his ass to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom