• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you saying?

What if i have both?

2018-07-02B-380x480.gif

AeneaGames AeneaGames

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No thanks. I could buy both the PS5 and XSX with 1 year of PS+ and Gamepass with that price.
yes, but this is likely their 30 tflops card. so 3x more powerful. you should be able to run every game at 2x more framerate or resolution with room left for better rt effects.

Zoro7

Banned
LOL

Pretty funny how he said that your punctuation indicated that you had issues.

First I've heard of that being an indicator of mental health issues.
It was actually a joke....which seemed to have gone right over your head. Keep laughing though, need some positivity in this thread.

FeiRR

Banned
Could some of you two do a summary? :messenger_beaming:
Paul went deep into technical details. If you're interested in things like:
- XSX has split L3 cache
- confirmed 64 ROPS
- RDNA2 is very efficient due to parallel architecture (two shader arrays, for example)
- it's a very efficient console but RT won't be that good

It's just a first part. He's going to cover audio, VRS and other things in the second part. Informative, technical, no bullshit.

1. Buy 3090 fo 1400$
2. Buy rest of PC for another 1400$
3. You cant play Sony excluisves
4. Cry a little
5. Buy PS5
6. Be happy
But it also doubles as electrical heating for your house!

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

- it's a very efficient console but RT won't be that good

How much software has he seen to come to this conclusion? I was a bit surprised to hear about RT or Shader opps being one or the other, as that directly counters what was presented in the presentation. It was noted that there were some bandwidth intensive workloads that could not overlap with RT opps, but most operations can coexist in parallel.

FeiRR

Banned
How much software has he seen to come to this conclusion? I was a bit surprised to hear about RT or Shader opps being one or the other, as that directly counters what was presented in the presentation. It was noted that there were some bandwidth intensive workloads that could not overlap with RT opps, but most operations can coexist in parallel.
He did say that RT can be done simultaneously but as there aren't separate cores for that purpose, there are limitations like bandwidth. It was a direct comparison to Nvidia, not PS5.

One more thing I recall, ML is part of RDNA2.0 confirmed, not MS specific design. But both companies have implemented customisations in the APU.

sircaw

Banned
Sometimes its hard to stay on these forums.

first, I get told I am a child
second, I am asked if I am alright in the head
third, my spelling is bad so I am basically retarded.
fourth, I can't play any more fucking music
fifth, 2 tflops is better than having any good games and that's what really matters in the next generation of consoles.
sixth, a guy tells me he has dry British humor, at the same time saying i am basically an idiot, does he know I'm British too?.

fuck my life, i am getting an xbox now.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I mean how much later than november you can get? December ?

I am starting to think it could possibly slip in to December, unless we hear a date soon. I thought it was a bit strange it now says late 2020. Lets see if MS nails down a specific date for November soon. This is getting tedious now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom