• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officer Yanez Found Not Guilty On All Counts In Castile’s Death

None, NONE.

When we accept chain and the fact that two thirds of the country doesn't give a fuck or actively wishes we were dead or "went back to Africa".

Correct. And this includes "leftists", too. People who claim to be liberal don't care. If they did, they'd put significantly larger pressure on politicians and police unions.

If this was an epidemic that was actually troubling to the majority population, this country would stop in it's fucking tracks overnight. They don't care, and they don't care collectively, regardless of political leaning.

celljean89

Neo Member
Not even shock, and I'm not even sad. This is expected if you're black in America; lady justice is blind for a reason. The system is not meant for us, and cops can do anything. I see cops like a gang, that's happens to be sponsor by the government. It's like cops could shit in white people food; and white people will smile and accept it. The verdict is bullshit, but I'm not shock. There is no justice for black people in America.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
How come the US has the shittiest weak-ass cops who, when anything ever happens at all, automatically fear for their life?

Racism for one.

We also have a large portion of the public who think police officers can do no wrong and will back them no matter what happens. Especially if the victim is a black male. Why do you think people joke about someone being "no angel"? They find anything negative they can stick on the victim to justify, in their minds, the killing.

Funny thing is, these are probably the same people who think the government should be scared of it's people, and yet don't hold the same accountability for police officers who enforce whatever laws the government they hate so much pass.

Slayven

Correct. And this includes "leftists", too. People who claim to be liberal don't care. If they did, they'd put significantly larger pressure on politicians and police unions.

If this was an epidemic that was actually troubling to the majority population, this country would stop in it's fucking tracks overnight. They don't care, and they don't care collectively, regardless of political leaning.

Hell Liberals blamed speaking on it on why Trump got elected

Burn the motherfucker down. The one case that I was sure the officer would see jail time was fucking let go? And just handwaving away shooting into a car with a kid in the backseat, not to mention the man wasn't threatening in anyway?

Fuck that. Burn it down.

So they had proof that the guy was high on marijuana? Or did they just detect thc in his system, which doesn't prove if someone is currently high?

I can't fucking wait for new testing methods to come out but it would take legislation to enforce them. As it stands current testing methods are nearly useless.

Another day in America another injustice.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
and this is why when i hear people criticize minorities for rioting i just shake my head.
Yea of course rioting is wrong. But when you constantly hear "wait for the system" "trust the system" and time and time and time and time again we see no justice. What do you expect people to do? You can only oppress people so much before they fight back.

Profound bullshit. I remember going to a public discussion of sorts after Castile' s death and the sorrow in the room was palpable. It seems that police are just inches shy of straight up having a license to kill.

The Castile family can open a civil case. I don't know if it would be against Yanez, or the Falcon Heights / Roseville Police Department.

All of the above and the family will win the case its how it always goes. No one can be found guilty of anything criminal but they can always assign a number to a persons life like here take this 6 or 7 million dollars it will make everything ok.

Hell Liberals blamed speaking on it on why Trump got elected

Also correct.

Liberals are the worst. Leftists are the worst. They claim to be on your side until you're a convenient scapegoat. They're not exempt from the bullshit programming of America just because they talk fluffy words and vote for democrats.

I'm sick and tired of this entire fucking farce.

FyreWulff

How come the US has the shittiest weak-ass cops who, when anything ever happens at all, automatically fear for their life?

because they know to yell "STOP RESISTING" and to say "i feared for my life" over and over while executing someone because they know useful idiots will lap it up

in some states the cops even get a month to prepare their statements and be interviewed for discharging a weapon, so they literally get time to coordinate all their stories

Slayven

All of the above and the family will win the case its how it always goes. No one can be found guilty of anything criminal but they can always assign a number to a persons life like here take this 6 or 7 million dollars it will make everything ok.

Cost of doing business

It just doesn't fucking matter anymore. In certain parts of the country, a cop could probably approach a guy and blow him away from behind, claiming he saw him reaching for something, and get away with it. Especially if the victim is brown.

But hey, let's think this through. Maybe the cop had an economic anxiety attack?

I hope nothing but bad things happen to the people involved in defending this incompetent asshole, including people on the jury who found him not guilty.

In closing arguments Monday, prosecutors argued that Yanez never saw Castile's gun and should not have shot him even if he had.

The defense, on the other hand, maintained that Yanez acted in self-defense and argued that the shooting wouldn't have happened if Castile wasn't high on marijuana.

Fucking HOW?

I want to know just what the hell was going on in those deliberations. This makes less than zero sense.

aeolist

Banned
cops 👏 exist 👏 to 👏 enforce 👏 property 👏 rights 👏 not 👏 to 👏 protect 👏 people 👏

RinsFury

Not even shock, and I'm not even sad. This is expected if you're black in America; lady justice is blind for a reason. The system is not meant for us, and cops can do anything. I see cops like a gang, that's happens to be sponsor by the government. It's like cops could shit in white people food; and white people will smile and accept it. The verdict is bullshit, but I'm not shock. There is no justice for black people in America.

This is what the police are. An extremely violent, well equipped, and organized cartel. Look at the billions of dollars seized without cause over the years, in addition to the wanton murder and destruction wrought against minorities and the disenfranchised. Nearly every encounter with law enforcement is terrifying when you know it could easily be your last.

There were 2 black people in the jury too. What was their thought process? I just don't understand this decision at all, and the article linked doesn't explain shit.

Apharmd

Didn't Castile tell the officer that he is a licensed carrier just to set him at ease?

And he got shot the fuck up anyway?

Deepwater

http://m.startribune.com/the-yanez-jurors-a-snapshot/428447093/

Juror 2: An older white female who manages a White Bear Lake gas station that has a contract with police. She said she had never heard of the Castile case. The judge denied an attempt by prosecutors to strike her after it was revealed that she had pro-police posts on her Facebook page. One of those posts was heavily critical of NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began kneeling during national anthems last year to protest police shootings. She said she had forgotten about the posts.

Juror 4: A middle-aged white male who had very little knowledge of the case. He said he owns a gun and called the criminal justice system “a very fair process.”

Juror 5: A middle-aged white female who works at an assisted-living center and is highly active in church volunteer work. She said she had heard about the shooting at the time it happened, but knew little else. Her husband was carjacked at gunpoint 18 years ago. She said she had a high regard for police.

Juror 9: A middle-aged computer support worker, she was not familiar with the Yanez case, and said “I’m thankful we have police officers.” She believes in the right to own a firearm but added “I’m trying to stay away from them right now.”

Juror 10: A middle-aged white male who is retired from preprinting work, he said he followed news about the case off and on. He said he had seen Reynolds’ Facebook video. “She seemed overly calm” he said on his juror questionnaire. He owns a handgun and hunts.

Juror 11: A middle-aged white male who owns several shotguns and long rifles to hunt pheasants. A former business manager who now works in construction and remodeling, he said in his questionnaire that the criminal justice system has problems but is “the best in the world.”

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
listen, just protest like MLK did.

Funny thing is, people hated MLK protesting because he was protesting for something that a good chunk of the country didn't want to see realized.

MLK could descend from the heavens and protest peacefully all he wants to, the fact that he would be protesting against police brutality, which a good chunk of this country doesn't think exists, would put our hypothetical angel MLK in the same light as anyone who blocked traffic or broke a window because you're just the same to all of these people.

Fox News would say that a literal angel MLK was no angel.

Fucking HOW?

I want to know just what the hell was going on in those deliberations. This makes less than zero sense.

He's black.

Top Bottom