• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Castile car

The Kree

Banned
Yep and I have yet to receive an actual answer on why we need to watch these videos. There's actual mental issues that can result from watching them but yeah, push for them to be played more. It seems a lot of users ITT don't understand why desensitization is a bad thing.

Also, are you out in the streets advocating for police reform or is this just a go-to response? Go ahead and tell the rest of the people who posted in a four page thread about a video to do the same.

because she was black and knew what would havr happened if she didn't stay calm.

I gave you an answer and it wasnt sufficient. Others did the same. That's your problem, not mine. I'm not desensitized by these videos. This video ruined my week and I'm sure the next one will do the same. If anyone is complacent to these issues, that's not because they saw too many videos. It's because they just don't give a shit about black people. If these videos make people go nuts, good, we should be going nuts over this shit. And if we don't wanna see black death on the news every night, we should go out and do something about it. The issue is not the abundance of videos and why people need to watch them, the issue is that America still does nothing about the content of said videos. Whatever mental anguish people might go through as a result of these kinds of stories was already in effect anyway. Whatever complacency was already in place isn't going to go away if these videos don't immediately light a fire under your ass.

Consider directing your line of questioning at white America and ask THEM why they keep shrugging this off. You're not gonna like their answers either.

Measley

Any word yet from the NRA about the assassination of a gun-owning citizen legally exercising his 2nd amendment rights?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Any word yet from the NRA about the assassination of a gun-owning citizen legally exercising his 2nd amendment rights?

mv73_f-maxage-0f2sc8.gif

They just need to do away with jury trials for killings committed by cops. Honestly, they should probably just completely do away with trials. You just can't trust people to make the right choices, especially when it concerns black people and minorities as victims. This cop is really just completely evil.

I think it's beyond fair at this point to disregard being a police officer as an actual profession, since 'profession' implies there's an internal code of ethics and self-policing.

It's just a McJob at this point. It's unacceptable that cops simultaneously argue they are too incompetent to ever be held responsible, but competent enough to be put in charge of one of the most important government institutions.

edit: Also, more evidence the NRA is merely a cultural special interest group. The second amendment only applies to you if you're white it seems. Cowards.

ColdPizza

Banned
They just need to do away with jury trials for killings committed by cops. Honestly, they should probably just completely do away with trials. You just can't trust people to make the right choices, especially when it concerns black people and minorities as victims. This cop is really just completely evil.

What do you suggest they replace them with, a judge? They'll be even more pro-cop than a jury.

I don't think the cop is evil, but he certainly was woefully out of his depth and inadequate as an officer.

hwalker84

I just saw this and I cried. I'm a grown ass man and I couldn't stop it. I know that as black man this could easily be me if I just happened to "fit the description". Now he's being demonized for smoking weed. A drug that is now legal is several states in the Union. I'm pissed and it almost makes not want to have children. Who wants to have their child scarred by seeing something like that.

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/877722236244774912

Footage of the daughter and girlfriend in police car.

Jesus

What a stupid-ass, motherfucking cop. This is disgusting. Cops are supposed to be fearless and trusting. How are people not supposed to be afraid of cops when shit like this happens. I know #notallcops and stuff, but they are the ones in power in these situations.

Top Bottom