• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld has the highest concurrent player count of any paid game in the history of Steam

GHG

Guys..

Go play Valheim.

This is better, so no.

Valheim is far too much busy work in comparison, especially if you play solo.

Needlecrash

I'm really interested in this game now. It's breaking quite a few records, generating a lot of hate and salt and seems very enjoyable to play by many.

The Steam player count is UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE. This game should be a total wake up call to other studios with overinflated budgets and marketing pushes. Just create a great game, no bullshit. And the rest will follow.

Seeing the salt Palworldiis creating is absolutely delicious. 😎

BlackTron

Honestly, all the "controversy" aside, I don't get it - the game looks like total garbage. I don't understand the appeal, but maybe I'm showing my old man status.

It looks repetitive and amateurish, like something that'd make a small splash then fade away, not get mammoth numbers.

This is kinda why I resisted at first but now I have friends coming out of the woodwork saying I should get it so I could play with them. Like, grown ass men. Exactly 12 hours after the sale ended on Steam.

Like god dammit come on.

I think it will reach 2.5m or something, but probably won't surpass PUBG.

Gonna depend on the frequency and substance of updates. With the windfall they just got from this launch they have no reason not to keep the content coming.
Yeah, devs either need to strike iron while it hot or it will just decline. We saw that with Valheim where it had like 500k CCU but then fell down. They need real development pipeline as such games live and die by support.

Granted it was not a GaaS game so technically they earned money to start developing other games. But the potential of this one is big.

Honestly, all the "controversy" aside, I don't get it - the game looks like total garbage. I don't understand the appeal, but maybe I'm showing my old man status.

It looks repetitive and amateurish, like something that'd make a small splash then fade away, not get mammoth numbers.
The game meets the minimum standards of quality. That's all there is to it. The fact that AAA games don't even REACH that bare minimum for years, is on the developers.

Palworld is an old school game with oldschool sensibilities. Trying to make money by selling a good experience for a fixed price. it shouldn't be remarkable, but it IS, because AAA gaming has failed us.

Palworld succeeded because it wasn't greedy. Because it is actually earning far less money than it could have, if it HAD micro-transactions. Palworld left money on the table to make players happy.

Fake

I wish it would, everyone should be able to play it as I know people only on Playstation with no PC or Xbox who would love this game.

What’s more, is that PlayStation’s Shuhei Yoshida was asked about helping get the game onto PS5.

His response was as straightforward as they come, saying “Yes” while tagging PlayStation’s Jingwen Zhu who works for the company’s Partner Development.

With the popularity of Palworld, it’s clear that PlayStation has taken notice.

Yes, you would have to be retarded to enjoy SM2
Your take is entirely retarded because you’re trying to compare two unlike things and failing badly. It’s ok to have a preference for what you enjoy but you’re attempting to pass your opinion off as a fact. Like I said, these are the retarded takes that give me a chuckle here on gaf.

Mortisfacio

Your take is entirely retarded because you’re trying to compare two unlike things and failing badly. It’s ok to have a preference for what you enjoy but you’re attempting to pass your opinion off as a fact. Like I said, these are the retarded takes that give me a chuckle here on gaf.

Your first reply was to laugh off the idea that SM2 sucks. Now you want to preach I'm the one passing off opinion as fact. Keep projecting, bud.

Diddy X

They added in aspects from the most popular games and made one crazy mix, sometimes making a succesful game is that simple, most players just want to have fun not some over elaborate game that tries too hard to be good.

fersnake

32hr in!!! i think they got me xD the only problem im having is the server we rented keeps restarting it between 20 to 40 mins that's the only main issue i have with the game. pretty fun and finally a game i can play and grind with my friends.

avin

It seems we're going to learn whether a blockbuster game can make any difference to Xbox's fortunes.

avin

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Going from beating the first syndicate tower to the second is such a climb. Finally made my way to the next one (Lilly or whatever) but got my teeth kicked in pretty badly (Level 23).

Starting to get some pretty good guys, finally got a couple Anubis and a Grizzbolt. I really want to get rid of my Foxsparks but I'm still too dependent on Huggy Fire.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
The undeniable truth is this:

People are revenge buying this game in a futile attempt to make Nintendo notice the absurd sales numbers as a way to indirectly convince them to bring Pokemon to Steam

But in reality, the people buying this don't even like the game.

It's all about Nintendo and Pokemon in the end.
Once they realize how embarassing this is, they will just stop playing this, ask for refunds and buy Pokemon instead.

Guilty_AI

People are revenge buying this game in a futile attempt to make Nintendo notice the absurd sales numbers as a way to indirectly convince them to bring Pokemon to Steam

Once they realize how embarassing this is, they will just stop playing this, ask for refunds and buy Pokemon instead.
What a retarded take, its obvious this is being bought by gamepass haters as a form of retaliation against microsoft.

Holammer

ee4.png

I have no idea if this is 4D trolling or a genuine opinion.

simpatico

The year is 2049

Nintendo is the largest seller of PalWorld skins in the world. Microsoft has just ported Office to PalOS. Gaming outside the PalVerse no longest exists economically or socially. An in game promotion is used to roll out the one world currency, PalCoin.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

If that was true, the concurrent player numbers would not be as high as they are. You'd see a disproportionate amount of players buying but not playing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Honestly I hope this is a wake up call for TPC and Pokémon to step up their game and actually do a better job with their games.

sigmaZ

😅
I’m still at that first phase, basically the tutorial. And tbh right now I’m just thankful I didn’t have to pay for it. But I guess I should try it some more, it’s a slow-starter perhaps.
What’s the pull for you? Base building?
Social media and hype..dur I mean... the Pals.

Top Bottom