• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC or Xbox - Where will you play Starfield?

Where will you play Starfield?

• Total voters

twilo99

I have Game Pass Ultimate. But a game like this I will typically play for years. I'd rather own it outright. Plus, I want that mod support.

Wait, no mods for the gamepass version? That would suck.

I would also wait and see what the price of the game is on GP, they have some nice discounts sometimes, but maybe not for a brand new game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You should definitely see what the 1060 could do tho, I’d be curious to know.

Well, the minimum is a 1070Ti, so even if it runs on a 1060 in the first place, it's probably gonna beed 720p FSR with everything on low.

Topher

Gold Member
Same here and 100% buying the ultimate edition for the early access :)

Yep. I'll be there five days early. It'll be glorious....

SardonicOilyJoey-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

hinch7

This

The Bethesda games have incredible support from mod community on PC.
Yeah the mods can change a games dynamic so much. Then you have quality of life and bug fixes that can enhance the experience. Plus community made skins, models and visual overhauls.

Crazy how to this day, people are still modding for Morrowind. And Skyrim mods are actively being worked on.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Wait, no mods for the gamepass version? That would suck.

I would also wait and see what the price of the game is on GP, they have some nice discounts sometimes, but maybe not for a brand new game.
There will be mods, but often mods depend on script engine extensions which usually don't work on GamePass games even if they are Win32.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If you buy it on Xbox you can play on both with the same save. 👍

Last edited:
PC. I decided pretty early on to pass this console generation and decdided to spend that money on upgrading my 1060 to a 3070ti. No regrets.

Fredrik

All the party games are play anywhere starting early on xbox one.
Not Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, going by some quick gooling. And Starfield doesn’t have that listed in the info on the Microsoft Store like other Play Anywhere titles.
Maybe they’re doing something specific with the save info keeping track of all the object positions etc?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Not Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, going by some quick gooling. And Starfield doesn’t have that listed in the info on the Microsoft Store like other Play Anywhere titles.
Maybe they’re doing something specific with the save info keeping track of all the object positions etc?
Those were not first party game on release. 😵‍💫

oji-san

Banned
Series X, My PC is too old to handle it. Already planning what to play the next 2 months with no too big games so September is all clear for Starfield.

Del_X

I have a Series S that is just collecting dust but I bought it for $150 from verizon. Maybe I'll get a little portable screen to play it when I travel for work since I don't have a gaming laptop.

Otherwise, it's gonna be on a 12900KS + 4090 PC.

Spyxos

I'm not completely sold on the game yet, but if I'm going to play it it's going to be on both platforms.

Fredrik

Those were not first party game on release. 😵‍💫
Fair enough but it still seems uncertain for Starfield:

No, Starfield does not appear to have cross-save support at this moment in time.

Neither Bethesda, nor Microsoft has announced the feature, and the game’s store page doesn’t feature the ‘Play Anywhere’ or ‘Xbox Cloud Saves’ tags.”

“Well with how much modding happens on Bethesda Games especially PC I would be surprised if they took the time to work on cross saving as it could probably corrupt your saves,” Reddit user YahwehPaysuggests.”

I’ve seen the Xbox Cloud Save feature on Microsoft Store though so maybe the store page just isn’t properly updated.

Fredrik

I'm already thinking that it won't be better than No-Man's Sky
I’m 500+ hours into NMS. I’m thinking Starfield will in short be AAA No Man’s Sky RPG. It’ll obviously be deeper in role playing and also likely have better exploration and more AAA shooting and spaceship combat. And it’ll be lighter in crafting and harvesting and base and fleet and settlement duties.
It’ll be nice. Hopefully a little less like doing chores, NMS can be quite exhausting at times.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
PC. I recently built a new one largely in part to play Starfield. Not playing this game at an unstable 30fps.

Mods will be a bonus. I can also see myself buying it again years later on console once they have a GotY edition or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom