• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, his twitter has a bunch of responses from his interview. Trump can't help himself...

WOW.

JUST WOW!

So like, what he said was, Bernie made "a deal with the devil". Which is a pretty common turn of phrase, so I didn't care. But this leans into the fact that he think she is, actually, the devil.

Iolo

Considering 2012 TN went 59% for Mitt, this seems still pretty telling.

Not really. Obama was only down 7 in many polls in TN (with high numbers of undecideds). Only at the end was there a massive shift towards Romney. Of course the lack of polling is not a big help.

g0JeZ6d.png

Don't get too excited just yet, but (as of this writing) Sam Wang's generic Congressional ballot model is back into Democratic control of the House. It may have been rigged by Fire Marshals

House_generic_history.jpg

I don't even dare to dream in all honesty. This year? It just doesn't seem feasible even with the trainwreck that is the GOP right now. Because... I don't know, the house has been a trainwreck for like, 6+ years and it didn't matter before.

studyguy

Whoa lmao.

Also why are Mormons so weird fam.
A friend of mine ended up with a Mormon girlfriend, dude out here telling me that he has to wear the same underwear all the fucking time, I couldn't attend his wedding either. Then he stopped talking to my group of friends all together. They swallowed my friend whole fam. Dude used to pull keg stands and vomit out third story windows when we were in college partying.

Then I have another friend online trying to escape the Mormon faith. Lives with his family, says they have a literal spreadsheet of chores for him. If he doesn't complete them, he gets stuff taken away. They threatened to take the door off his fucking room if he didn't get his oil changed. I asked if he needed cash to bounce w/ another friend living in Texas but he's like nah. They pay for my college so I'm stuck.

Mormons son, not even once.

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC 25s25 seconds ago

Trump refuses to support Paul Ryan, John McCain in upcoming Republican primaries - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...49f028-58e9-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

“I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country,” Trump said. “We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”

AHAHA same words Ryan said about Trump before endorsing.

This is petty.

Ecotic

It's an embarrassment of riches right now. I love how Trump uses Ryan's "I'm not there yet" against him.

I'd give anything to win the House too.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't even dare to dream in all honesty. This year? It just doesn't seem feasible even with the trainwreck that is the GOP right now. Because... I don't know, the house has been a trainwreck for like, 6+ years and it didn't matter before.
I believe the term you're looking for is "GOPocalypse."

Most hated enemy as President? Check.
Congress in the palm of her hand? Yep.
A judiciary that's willing to OK her deeds? Looks like it.

I am highly skeptical that these highs hold, but this kind of stuff is nightmare fuel for Republicans.

ampere

Don't get too excited just yet, but (as of this writing) Sam Wang's generic Congressional ballot model is back into Democratic control of the House. It may have been rigged by Fire Marshals

House_generic_history.jpg

I don't expect a chance at House control, but I'd totally wet myself if it happened. Still, to see a model predicting it isn't a bad thing.

I do feel bad for Paul Ryan, though. Champion of the poor. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

michaeljordanlol_1.gif

"Is that a gif of Kareem?" - Trump, probably

As someone who lives in Utah, Mormons are nice people to interact with casually, but they can definitely be very strict and exclusionary towards "outsiders."

Also, I was looking at the Wikipedia page for Jill Stein's VP, Ajamu Baraka. He sounds... Well, let's say "perfect for the job."
Speaking in 2014 on U.S. involvement in Iraq, Baraka characterized U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East over the previous 20 years as "disastrous" and said that "what has occurred in Iraq was predictable." He has asserted that the United States has intentionally supported ISIL, saying "It's very clear that ISIS could not have developed in Syria without the direct and indirect support from the U.S. and its allies in the region, and that ISIS was in fact carrying out, and still carrying out to a large extent, the agendas of those powers."

In July 2014, Baraka stated that the shootdown of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine was a "false flag" that the West is blaming on Russia.

In June 2014, Baraka rejected the notion that the regime of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad is a brutal dictatorship that maintains its power through the use of force. He stated that this is a "carefully cultivated [narrative] by Western state propagandists and dutifully disseminated by their auxiliaries in the corporate media". He has referred to the atrocities of the Syrian Civil War as being "fomented by a demented and dying U.S. empire, with the assistance of the royalist monarchies of the Middle East and the gangster states of NATO." He has referred to the Syrian presidential election of 2014 as proof of public support for the Assad regime. However, holding the election under the circumstances of an ongoing civil war were criticized by UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon, and it was widely reported that the elections lacked independent election monitoring.
There's other interesting stuff on there too, but this stood out to me.

Right, it also takes away any contrast between the two of them. Clinton NEEDS to corner him or at least look above his nonsense. Letting third parties in legitimizes them and gives trump cover.

As someone who desires the rise of a good third party, I personally really want to see third parties be allowed on the presidential debate stage, and think the threshold should be something more reasonable like 1-2%, so hey, I'd be all for it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I hate this nth dimension chess discussion, but

Nah, he said what he said knowing this would be the result. Like, they should disavow Trump and rescind their support (it's the right thing to do) but Obama had to know if he said it there's no way they'd do it.

As someone who desires the rise of a good third party, I personally really want to see third parties be allowed on the presidential debate stage, and think the threshold should be something more reasonable like 1-2%, so hey, I'd be all for it.

If a third-party can actually get like 10 seats in Congress, with at least one being a senator, I will be all for them being allowed on the big stage. Until they're able to do that these third-party runs are all vanity exercises.

Lest we get lost in khantroversy and various other brushfires, let me just take a moment to point out how irresponsible Eric Trump's comments were with regards to sexual harassment.

He may have said it in a good way, that my sister is a strong lady and no one can dare screw with her. But it just came off so terribly misogynist and demeaning to women. He's saying no dude can harass Ivanka because she's strong. Well, the question women who have been victims of workplace abuse are asking themselves is, are they weak? Think about it. I hate using the term "victim-blaming" because its used so frequently for just about anything thereby saturating it's meaning, but Eric Trump is (inadvertently) victim blaming women who have been sexually harassed.

The ride never ends:

Paul Steinhauser ‏@steinhauserNH1
THIS JUST IN @Al_Baldasaro to @NH1News "Mr. Khan, you disgraced your son, who died as a hero. You used him as a political pawn." #nhpolitics

Rep Al Baldasaro
@Al_Baldasaro
Trump 2016 Veteran Advisor

Emarv

I was away from the computer for a few hours and thought "well, he'll have to sit in the dumpster fire. no way he makes even more mistakes".

IT'S STILL ONLY TUESDAY!

The ride never ends:

Paul Steinhauser ‏@steinhauserNH1
THIS JUST IN @Al_Baldasaro to @NH1News "Mr. Khan, you disgraced your son, who died as a hero. You used him as a political pawn." #nhpolitics

Rep Al Baldasaro
@Al_Baldasaro

same guy who said Hillary should be shot and executed, soooo...this is actually a step up.

Just heard on the local news that Art Halvorson, who is a tea party Republican, is running as a Democrat to challenge Rep. Bill Shuster here in PA this fall. He lost a close primary race back in April. Rather pathetic and shameless to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom