• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wish we could have this play in the background in every Trump thread.
The issue with that is, at the DNC, we (and Hillary and Obama) have smartly decided that the race is not Trump vs. Hillary. It's Trump vs America. That's a gamble we took, and I think it's the right one. The only person who really tried to tie Trump to the GOP was Reid. I feel like the level Trump has taken it to makes it hard for us to tie every Republican to him. Trump's at another level entirely.

I don't. Trump represents everything the Republican voters want. And I think it needs to continue to be hammered that the only difference between Trump and other Republicans is Trump brought an air horn to a dog whistle party.

I'm gonna assume the part about taking a stand against Trump was before Obama spoke today.

Also it's gonna be really interesting to see how long this goes. Trump is incapable of giving a sincere apology in the first place and the Khans are the same kind of brown people (Muslim/immigrants) he's told his supporters to fear and blame since the start of his campaign.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At this rate, she should just go on vacation, let Trump self-destruct, and let the campaign machinery continue to hum along.

42-604x270.jpg

What do you think the bus tour is? She's hanging out with our new dad for a few weeks to rest up.

At this rate, she should just go on vacation, let Trump self-destruct, and let the campaign machinery continue to hum along.

it's like that one 270soft game, president infinity, where a possible weekly "story" is "candidate not on campaign trail" except in this case that story would just keep getting outweighed by multiple "Trump Scandal!!!" stories literally every 24 hours

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
it's like that one 270soft game, president infinity, where a possible weekly "story" is "candidate not on campaign trail" except in this case that story would just keep getting outweighed by "Trump Scandal!!!" literally every 24 hours

In a way it's too bad all this happened at once.

For example, the Trump on Sexual Harassment comments will get buried under everything else.

Klocker

Cnn should be ashamed of themselves having Lewandowski on their shows... if I didn't know any better I'd say he's a secret white supremacist ... i don't know, you tell me. ;)

sangreal

The issue with that is, at the DNC, we (and Hillary and Obama) have smartly decided that the race is not Trump vs. Hillary. It's Trump vs America. That's a gamble we took, and I think it's the right one. The only person who really tried to tie Trump to the GOP was Reid. I feel like the level Trump has taken it to makes it hard for us to tie every Republican to him. Trump's at another level entirely.

Yeah, and that strategy is clearly paying dividends already with the Republican defections but it would be nice to have our cake and eat it too

We don't know what impact it's having on much of anything yet, even the Presidential race.

I wasn't just referring to the most recent wave of scandals

shem935

Banned
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/election/article88993642.html

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Retired college president unseats Kansas Senate majority leader in tough Republican primary race.

Kansas Senate Majority leader unseated by retired Hutchinson Community College President, Ed Burger. Berger was openly critical of Brownback and his fiscal mismanagement of the state. Chickens coming home to roost.

I am really looking forward to a Buzzfeed article 5 years from now that is a "Where are they now?" with all these awful fucking Trump surrogates.

Iolo

@katyturnbc said:
Top republican: @Reince is 'apoplectic' over Trump's refusal to back Ryan. He called several Trump staffers to express his displeasure.

More from same source: The next 24 to 72 hours are crucial. There is serious talk about key Republicans coming out hard against Trump.

Suck it, Subeirp.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/election/article88993642.html

Kansas Senate Majority leader unseated by retired Hutchinson Community College President, Ed Burger. Burger was openly critical of Brownback and his fiscal mismanagement of the state. Chickens coming home to roost.

Finally. FINALLY. Took you long enough, Kansas.

How that guy has been allowed to screw over that state for so long is mind-boggling.

Edit: Berger also openly supported expanding Medicaid.

itschris

Katy Tur
‏@KatyTurNBC

Top republican: @Reince is 'apoplectic' over Trump's refusal to back Ryan. He called several Trump staffers to express his displeasure.

More from same source: The next 24 to 72 hours are crucial. There is serious talk about key Republicans coming out hard against Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Katy Tur
‏@KatyTurNBC

No way it can get worse than today.

Finally. FINALLY. Took you long enough, Kansas.

How that guy has been allowed to screw over that state for so long is mind-boggling.

Edit: Berger also openly supported expanding Medicaid.

My grandmother is from Topeka (or Lawerence, can't remember) and is still very interested in Kansas politics. She hates Sam Brownback, and he has actually contributed to her switching from voting mostly Republican (she's pretty Religious) to openly supporting Democrats. According to her (a of a month or so ago) the people of Kansas are really pissed at Brownback, and surprisingly all Republicans on the State level. I think Kansas over the next few years is going to flip in a big way from one of the deepest red states back to a somewhat healthy mixture.

kess

Lookso like a bunch of Brownback supporters lost against more moderate Republicans in Kansas state races. I wonder what this means for November.

This was an amazing day and I'm going to note that it happened on a day Trump had a rally 10 minutes from where I'm sitting right now. Sad!

This is the gift that keeps on giving. Somewhere Mark Halperin and John Heilemann are feverishly masterbating over all the money their next book is going to make

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My grandmother is from Topeka (or Lawerence, can't remember) and is still very interested in Kansas politics. She hates Sam Brownback, and he has actually contributed to her switching from voting mostly Republican (she's pretty Religious) to openly supporting Democrats. According to her (a of a month or so ago) the people of Kansas are really pissed at Brownback, and surprisingly all Republicans on the State level. I think Kansas over the next few years is going to flip in a big way from one of the deepest red states back to a somewhat healthy mixture.

The GOP really poisoned the well over there. When you get the kind of power they have in that state you have to be sure not to fuck it up.

Washington Post released Transcript of the Trump interview they had with them.

It's pretty fucking terrible: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e9fa68-58eb-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

RUCKER: Do you think someone can vote multiple times?

TRUMP: Multiple times. How about like 10 times. Why not? If you don’t have voter ID, you can just keep voting and voting and voting.

RUCKER: Is there anything else that you think could be going on?

TRUMP: Look, you never know. It started with me in Louisiana when I won Louisiana and I got fewer delegates than Ted Cruz.

RUCKER: I remember that.

TRUMP: I said, “Whoa! Whoa! What happens here?” And then I polled well in Colorado. and instead of voting, the bosses picked it. I said, “What’s going on here?” It took me a little while to get accustomed to the world of politics and then once I did we started running them off. But, who would’ve thought that was going to happen? I win a state, I get fewer votes. Then, I poll great in Colorado and all of a sudden . . . the voters aren’t going to choose. The bosses are going to choose. Anything is possible.

On Khan:

RUCKER: Do you understand why some people would say that you lack some sort of common decency?

TRUMP: I think frankly a lot of people agree with what I’m saying. I was viciously attacked on the stage. All I did was respond to it. Pure and simple. It should’ve been a one-hour story and they make it a longer story.

RUCKER: It’s a four-day story.

TRUMP: I mean fine. So, I have no further thing to say other than I have a right to answer back.

RUCKER: What’s your plan then if you don’t engage with the media that you think are biased against you? How do you get your message out and communicate to people?

TRUMP: What I did today.

RUCKER: Just social media? Rallies?

TRUMP: Social media, where I’m head and shoulders above everybody else. I’ve read now 22 million people on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. More than 22 million people. Nobody else is even close.

TRUMP: To Ryan. To Paul.

RUCKER: Do you want to work with him? Do you think you can work with him if elected?

TRUMP: Oh, I think so.

RUCKER: Even though on a couple of these instances he’s shone some daylight with you, like over the Khan —

[crosstalk]

TRUMP: [Trump watches himself on TV] Lot of energy. We got a lot of energy. She certainly doesn’t look presidential to me, Hillary. I don’t think you get to look less presidential actually than Hillary.

lol. He has ADD I think.

RUCKER: Has he asked for your support?

TRUMP: Everybody wants my support. You know why? Cause I had more than 14 million people that voted for me. And nobody gives us credit. There were 17 people in the race. I got more votes than anybody in the history of Republican politics. By millions. Don’t forget. How about if I had two people in the race? The number would’ve been twice as good. In other words, people with 2 million people. Because the Republican party increased. [Trump looks at the TV.] That statement’s gotten a lot of play. I love that statement we wrote. So I’m just not quite there yet.

TRUMP: Well, I’d rather not say. Because why should I highlight it? But we have some states that I think are very competitive in that no Republican has ever been competitive in. But I’d rather not say what they are. Don’t you agree with that? I’d rather not say what they are.

RUCKER: So you’ll win with the secret state strategy?

TRUMP: No, not the secret state, no. But I have states, and you know this, I have states that no other Republican would do well in that I think I’m gonna win. But I don’t want to name those states.

TRUMP: And I am gonna do a couple PACs, at the right time.

RUCKER: What do you mean?

TRUMP: I’m gonna do two or three $10 million PACs at the right time.

RUCKER: What does that mean, though, a PAC?

TRUMP: Anti-certain candidate PACs.

RUCKER: You mean Clinton, or elsewhere?

TRUMP: I’m not saying against her, but I’m gonna do anti-, I’ll be active in politics through PACs at a later date.

RUCKER: Like during this election year, or?

TRUMP: No.

RUCKER: Or in the future?

TRUMP: For future elections.

RUCKER: Oh. So if there’s a candidate you don’t like who’s running, you would fund a PAC to hurt them?

TRUMP: Republican or Democrat.

RUCKER: Really?

TRUMP: Yeah. That I’ll do.

RUCKER: Would you do that against Cruz, if he runs again?

TRUMP: Maybe.

RUCKER: He seems to want to run again.

TRUMP: Maybe against Kasich.

RUCKER: They both want to run.

What a clown.

TopDreg

Katy Tur
‏@KatyTurNBC

NO! I can't keep taking this! I'm going to run out the door now, before Slaanesh consumes me!

TRUMP: To Ryan. To Paul.

RUCKER: Do you want to work with him? Do you think you can work with him if elected?

TRUMP: Oh, I think so.

RUCKER: Even though on a couple of these instances he’s shone some daylight with you, like over the Khan —

[crosstalk]

TRUMP: [Trump watches himself on TV] Lot of energy. We got a lot of energy. She certainly doesn’t look presidential to me, Hillary. I don’t think you get to look less presidential actually than Hillary.

This literally reads like a weird twitter tweet.

@dril could have written this

Someone explain the electoral college to him. I'd love to hear his comentary

He doesn't even understand how voting works. Has he ever voted? He thinks without an ID you can just vote and vote and vote.

We are close to electing a man for President who has clearly never voted in any election before this Primary to vote for himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom