• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

It's quite amazing that we've heard ten times more about Tim Kaine than about Mike Pence. The latter has just seemed to retreat into the shadows.

Why do people not get that running for President is more than just

I'M HERE, I'M QUEER GET USED TO IT! YASSSS

It's work. And infrastructure. And shit like that.

#teamnofloor

#howlowcanhego

I agree. I'm starting to think that he'll end up at like 39%.

!

Andrei Cherny ‏@AndreiCherny 5h5 hours ago
NEW AZ POLL: Clinton 45%, Trump 42%, Johnson 4%, Stein 1%.
http://email.connectstrategic.com/t/j-34549BEAED04456D

Drools.

Ali response to this tweet.

Ali VitaliVerified account
‏@alivitali Ali Vitali Retweeted John Harwood
A Trump campaign source, in reax to this, tells me "it's all true" and "way worse than people realize."

Yeah, that's because everyone on this campaign is going to have to spend the rest of their careers hoping that the background check from future employers won't find out they worked on this thing. It's death to any CV.

God, he's just so damned inept! The guy legit cannot get any of this right. This election is seriously going to show how valuable your staff is; they are an extension of yourself as a candidate, and if you can't get good people, then you open up shit like this.

You think if Clinton was replaced with any Dem right now they couldn't beat Trump given how flawed he is? Now imagine our flawed candidate going against a guy with either a blank slate or high favorable ratings like Kasich.

You think if Clinton was replaced with any Dem right now they couldn't beat Trump given how flawed he is? Now imagine our flawed candidate going against a guy with either a blank slate or high favorable ratings like Kasich.

I mean, I don't think Trump is a good barometer of what can or would happen. If Hillary gets arrested tomorrow, and Biden has to parachute in (or...IDK.....Harambe..) I don't think it's an easy path for that person. It promotes the narrative of disarray. Now, because HIllary has a functional campaign...sure the Dem would be in a better position than maybe Trump is right now.

But campaigns don't just fall from the sky! The idea that someone parachuting in right now is a bigger threat than Trump rings hollow to me. I mean, this is something that's never happened in our history. I don't think we can say, definitively, how it would play out.

I also don't think Hillary is a flawed candidate. Not in the sense that you mean it, at least.

Piecake

People put a lot more stock in the magical power of ideas than they should. The magical power of ideas tingles their lizard brain and gives them a boost of a pleasing emotion.

Taking into consideration whether a candidate has the administrative, managerial, work ethic and leadership skills to be an effective president doesn't tingle their emotional prostate. Its a lot more fun to care about things that give you an emotional high than things that don't

LOLOLOL

BEST DAY

Reuters Politics
@ReutersPolitics
BREAKING: Judge denies Trump bid for summary judgement in Trump University lawsuit: ruling
Ao1f57S.gif

Pretty sure thats Madeleine Albright with the pistol.

I think a lot of Clinton's problems aren't necessarily her fault (the trumped up scandals), but her poor relationship with the media doesn't help matters because it means she's never given the benefit of the doubt. I would say that's her problem as a candidate in the 21st century, and it projects a sense that she feels she's above it all and doesn't need to justify her actions. (Not that I think this, just - sigh - optics)

She also has a habit of sticking her foot in her mouth on sensitive issues sometimes, which isn't a big deal for someone like Biden who has a good relationship with the media and a great public face - with Clinton it just reinforces negative perceptions.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This week is becoming too good to be true.

Hate to be the downer, but I'm waiting for this bubble to burst.

I think a lot of Clinton's problems aren't necessarily her fault (the trumped up scandals), but her poor relationship with the media doesn't help matters because it means she's never given the benefit of the doubt. I would say that's her problem as a candidate in the 21st century, and it projects a sense that she feels she's above it all and doesn't need to justify her actions. (Not that I think this, just - sigh - optics)

She also has a habit of sticking her foot in her mouth on sensitive issues sometimes, which isn't a big deal for someone like Biden who has a good relationship with the media and a great public face - with Clinton it just reinforces negative perceptions.

She still comes off as very sterile. Everything is carefully planned and prepared for, and it shows. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you look at Obama, Biden, even Kaine, and there's a natural genuineness to them.

People put a lot more stock in the magical power of ideas than they should. The magical power of ideas tingles their lizard brain and gives them a boost of a pleasing emotion.

Taking into consideration whether a candidate has the administrative, managerial, work ethic and leadership skills to be an effective president doesn't tingle their emotional prostate. Its a lot more fun to care about things that give you an emotional high than things that don't

Given that most people have amygdalas (like you unless you happen to be one of probably 5 people who doesn't have one and still is alive), pandering to emotional prostates is incredibly important because all the logic/higher reasoning have to sit on top of the lizard emotional prostate and are heavily subject to whims of the emotional prostate (and the pleasure prostate).

Republicans now say Mr. Trump’s obstinacy in addressing perhaps the gravest crisis of his campaign may trigger drastic defections within the party, and Republican lawmakers and strategists have begun to entertain abandoning him en masse.
Liesl Hickey, a Republican strategist who led the party’s defense of its majority in the House of Representatives in 2014, said lawmakers should feel liberated to split with Mr. Trump if their survival depended on it.

Ms. Hickey has quietly circulated a battle plan to Republican leaders and vulnerable members of Congress, calling for a sharpened focus on winning over wavering Republicans, moderates and women — even if that means withdrawing support from Mr. Trump.

“Even if you were with Trump before, it doesn’t mean that now you necessarily need to stay with him,” she said.

Ms. Hickey, who has worked extensively with Republicans in swing districts, said the urgent imperative for many of them was “getting away from the national message.” She added, “Everybody who hasn’t fully kicked off their campaigns yet should be encouraged to do this.”
It's happening.

I was going to bump one of the threads to be an ass, but they are both locked, so I'll just post here.

Two days ago, 538 had the race as a dead heat tie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yea.

This is it.

Today was the start of everything falling apart, this is going to unravel at an incredibly fast rate.

The only thing that makes me think this is the new republicans openly speaking out against him. That could snowball soon.

Grief.exe

To sum up today

FEC numbers show Trump behind in donations and TV buys in swing states, yet far and away above Hillary in the key $/donor category.
Telling women if they're sexually harassed in the workplace that they should look for a new job.
Said the capital of PA looked like a warzone.
Trump continues to stick his foot in his mouth over the Khans
Continues to call the elections rigged
Berated a mother at a campaign rally for a crying child.
Obama had scathing remarks during a press conference for any GOP member that continued to supported someone unfit for the office.
Hopes the economy crashes to help him in the campaign.
Does not support Paul Ryan or John Mccain in their elections
Had multiple high profile republican Representatives and Donors openly come out in support of Hillary
Internal rumblings from sources close to Manafort claim the campaign is falling apart.

What else am I missing?

I was going to bump one of the threads to be an ass, but they are both locked, so I'll just post here.

Two days ago, 538 had the race as a dead heat tie.

That was due to polling delay still being effected by RNC bump and email fallout.

I agree with this. It comes from, I think, her not being a great politician although she's better than what people are giving her credit for. She knows how to do stuff. She knows how to govern...but getting there is not her cup of tea.

Plus, she's guarded with the press because....look at what she's dealt with for 30 years. It's sad and understandable...but it's something her team should have had a better answer for. Even if we're giving puff piece interviews with the Today Show, Good Morning America, Wake Up Dayton...whatever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yea.

This is it.

Today was the start of everything falling apart, this is going to unravel at an incredibly fast rate.

If this really is the beginning of the end, it started last week with the DNC, and hit the afterburners when Trump commented on the Khans.

To sum up today

Had multiple high profile republican Representatives and Donors openly come out in support of Hillary
Internal rumblings from sources close to Manafort come out that the campaign is falling apart.

What else am I missing?

Don't forget telling women if they're sexually harassed in the workplace that they should look for a new job.

Piecake

Given that most people have amygdalas (like you unless you happen to be one of probably 5 people who doesn't have one and still is alive), pandering to emotional prostates is incredibly important because all the logic/higher reasoning have to sit on top of the lizard emotional prostate and are heavily subject to whims of the emotional prostate (and the pleasure prostate).

Oh, it definitely is. That is why Trump and Bernie were a lot more successful than people imagined they could be, and that is why Obama is a better politician than Clinton. Clinton kinda sucks at getting that emotional rise out of people.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To sum up today

Internal rumblings from sources close to Manafort come out that the campaign is falling apart.

What else am I missing?

That was due to polling delay still being effected by RNC bump and email fallout.

Bashed PA, a crucial swing state.

Piecake

To sum up today

FEC numbers show Trump behind in donations and TV buys in swing states, yet far and away above Hillary in the key $/donor category.
Telling women if they're sexually harassed in the workplace that they should look for a new job.

What else am I missing?

We might have proof that he is using his charitable foundation to fund his campaign.

To sum up today

What else am I missing?

He also said he hopes the economy crashes soon so it will help him win and he can blame it on Obama.

The only thing that makes me think this is the new republicans openly speaking out against him. That could snowball soon.

It's going to happen.

Major GOP members will be openly un-endorsing him in the coming days. He isn't backing down, he is singlehandedly throwing 55 gallon barrels of oil on a fire anytime someone points out the fire burning down his house.

If the "bubble bursting" is the Trump campaign miraculously getting its shit together lightning quick, Trump learning to take direction and messaging, repairing relationships with the GOP, magically drumming up the massive funding gap vs. Clinton, suddenly becoming competitive in the states they need to be competitive in, stop losing ground in states they shouldn't need to defend, then yeah.

Easy-peazy.

Iolo

There are still three months left; there's plenty of time for things to narrow again, especially with unexpected domestic or world events. Plus, the media likes to tear down whoever's currently winning. We will assuredly have a chance to Diablos again. But, this does feel qualitatively different than all the other times Trump screwed up and came back.

He kicked a crying baby out of his rally!!!!

Ah so you've reached number four of the ten crazy Trump things today (and counting?)

This thread is moving too fast now, I can't follow the trains of thought anymore!

Nafai1123

Banned
I love how Obama isn't letting the GOP distance themselves without also hurting themselves. Fucking brilliant. Chances are they were going to distance themselves anyways, better to make them ALSO admit he's right in the process.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He also said he hopes the economy crashes soon so it will help him win and he can blame it on Obama.

It's happened. It's finally happened.

My first reaction is no longer "He did not..."

I know just know it's true immediately. I can see the matrix....

Oh, it definitely is. That is why Trump and Bernie were a lot more successful than people imagined they could be, and that is why Obama is a better politician than Clinton. Clinton kinda sucks at getting that emotional rise out of people.

I'd like to think Bernie had a bit more logic and less emotion (there goes my emotional prostate trying to save face) but yea emotional intelligence is incredibly important/useful in politics (one could argue its probably Trump's only strength in his ability to inflame the passions in a part of the population).

To sum up today

Berated a mother at a campaign rally for a crying child.
Obama had scathing remarks during a press conference for any GOP member that continued to supported someone unfit for the office.
Hopes the economy crashes to help him in the campaign.

What else am I missing?

Called Clinton the devil

If this really is the beginning of the end, it started last week with the DNC, and hit the afterburners when Trump commented on the Khans.

Na, he could have weathered the DNC and the RNC. He could have easily backed down after the initial attack on the Khan's.

It's Tuesday and he is continuing to cause this media firestorm to continue on, and Mr. Khan is on Anderson Cooper doing a 20 minute interview from something that started almost a week ago.

That's not even mentioning the handful of other things that could have (and is) dominating the news cycle in parallel to this main story.

Today major members of the DNC resigned, and that was on the CNN front page for like 25 minutes and had near zero prime time coverage tonight.

Vahagn

As for McCain -- a former naval aviator who was shot down and tortured during the Vietnam War -- Trump said he has "never been there with John McCain because I've always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets."

Jaw meet floor

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The fucking count down to the Libertarian Town Hall is giving me life.

CNN is trying so damn hard to make Johnson a thing.
Johnson's going to be huge. I know it's hard to swallow, but believe it. He might be down now, but he'll be on top soon. His steady hand will guid our limp economy straight again.

Penis.

Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 3h3 hours ago

The last couple of days show that "He's better than Hillary" is complete garbage.

LOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom