• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope and Trump exchange gifts: Pope's encyclical on climate change & MLK Jr Books

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
NPR

"At the end of the audience, the pope gave Trump copies of his writings," NPR's Sylvia Poggioli reports from Rome, "including his encyclical on climate change — a topic on which Trump has a very different opinion."

The pair exchanged several gifts; Trump gave Francis books by Martin Luther King Jr.; the pope also gave Trump an emblem of an olive tree, representing the need to pursue peace.

npm0925

Trump wouldn't even give black people an apartment lease back when MLK was marching on Washington. And he said MLK's contemporary John Lewis was all talk. Pigfucker.

"Have you read the books of this new guy he just heard of, MLK Jr. I'm going to try and get him to write the quote at the start of my next book" - Drumpf

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did the Pope rewrite it to insert Trump's name as often as possible? He won't read it otherwise.

giphy.gif

Tagyhag

Should tell you something when the Pope has a more progressive view about science than you do.

Anyways doesn't matter, Trump is an atheist (I still can't believe he pulled that con) so he doesn't give a shit.

Those went straight to the recycling bin, next to presidump's budget proposal.

Actually he probably thinks recycling is too left-wing conspiracy invented by China.

The Pope should have had a power point presentation prepared, using tweets about the environment, and highlighting tax breaks Trump might personally benefit from by pursuing a more environmentally friendly agenda.

Not that it would work of course. Just for the lulz. Just like giving him books.

He leafed through it looking for his name.

I'm sure he at least remembers the names of the books.

I'm guessing Trump had some spare MLK stuff laying about after Obama moved out, this is his way of freeing up some more cupboard space.

Trump: "Hey, Pope, I got a bust to go with those books. Great bust, you'll love it. Yours for $10?"

Trump gave the Pope the MLK books, not the other way around. Thread title is misleading.

It is.

Damn Francis doesn't want to be there lol.
Who can blame him I mean the dude attacked the pope during his campaign(yet some Catholics defend Trump smh)

I think at another level, Trump is the embodiment of pretty much everything Francis has been outspoken against since his time in Buenos Aires.

Damn Francis doesn't want to be there lol.
Who can blame him I mean the dude attacked the pope during his campaign(yet some Catholics defend Trump smh)
Yeah but do we honestly believe that most Republican Catholics value the Pope over partisanship politics? I remember someone sharing a post a few weeks ago about republicans and it showed that their opinions on a wide range of issues were pretty much all determined based on partisanship. With that in mind, would they rather listen to the wisdom of the Pope or have a Pope who just says Republican-sounding things based on whatever the current Republican policies are. I honestly believe its the latter.

VariantX

Trump ain't gonna read shit that don't come in the form of a news ticker at the bottom of the TV screen on a 24 hour news network. Thought that counts I guess.

Top Bottom