• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope and Trump exchange gifts: Pope's encyclical on climate change & MLK Jr Books

Permanently A

Melania looks thrilled to be there too...also, is she and Ivanka turning into Sith?

DAmHbUJW0AA2em1.jpg

I'm fuckin dead

Amalthea

Banned
At least Trumpy won't be happy with those gifts as they are things he don't likes; books in general, books with lots of text, books about climate change, books written by a smart and accomplished black man, and emblem of peace, and propably even worse the emblem has veggies on it!

Lunar15

While I love all the dunking that's going on, I'm getting slightly annoyed at the whole "interpreting events through facial expressions in a picture" thing.

Kinyou

Melania looks thrilled to be there too...also, is she and Ivanka turning into Sith?

DAmHbUJW0AA2em1.jpg
Apparently are women required to cover their hair and wear mourning clothes when having a private meeting with the pope.
Only in private hearings with the pope are women required to cover their heads and wear mourning clothes. In hearings with the Holy Father, women are required to wear a dress with a sober cut and color, which should preferably be black.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/701025/unlike-saudi-arabia-melania-trump-covered-hair-vatican

Harmen

I am not very fond of the pope, but I gotta love his lack of subtleness towards Trump. Not smiling, no reaction, handing out books about major issues Trump willfully ignores. That is cool.

Tovarisc

While I love all the dunking that's going on, I'm getting slightly annoyed at the whole "interpreting events through facial expressions in a picture" thing.

Body language is big part of human communication so it matters. Argument can be made that being photographed is awkward moment even for those used to it and can result in some... not so flattering looks, but your body language does still matter. Especially between figures like President of USA and Pope.

haveheart

Banned
Francis is Argentinian, he's very concernced with the poor, it's even his agenda that the church is poor and stands for the poor.

He must despise Trump.

Forearms

The fake news media must not be publishing all those pictures of the two hamming it up like friends! Obama must have paid the Pope to pretend to be happy in all of the photos they've had together. Or was it Soros that paid the Pope to look morose in the pics with Trump? I guess we'll never know!

Mahonay

Banned
Pope not happy having to host the biggest asshole on the planet.

Good on him for attempting to convince them on climate change.

Thorgal

He is in my country now (Belgium )stinking up the air.

Should we give him a sack of fries or dunk a couple of beers over his head?

DeviantBoi

Pope knows Trump is an evil man. Just dead stares, no smiles. It just emanates from that man.
The man is from Argentina - a Latino.

He doesn't mess around, either. He dismissed the Vatican Ambassador to the US after the whole Kim Davis debacle.

He knows how it would look to Catholics in Mexico and other Latin American countries - those who are affected by Trump's policies and hate speech - if he had a big smile on his face when meeting Trump.

Top Bottom