• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope and Trump exchange gifts: Pope's encyclical on climate change & MLK Jr Books

Ithil

"Here are some books my aide just handed to me about MLK I have never read".
Reminds me of Clay Davis on The Wire pretending to be reading Prometheus Unbound and talking about "Prom-e-thus".

hotcyder

eF9Ht5Y.jpg

B)

Mortemis

Banned
Jesus, they look like someone died, and Trump's that one asshole relative that no one wanted to come to the funeral but still showed up, and he's laughing there.

Melania and Ivanka are dressed for it too.

Beartruck

Should tell you something when the Pope has a more progressive view about science than you do.

Anyways doesn't matter, Trump is an atheist (I still can't believe he pulled that con) so he doesn't give a shit.
Venice is just half a country away, sinking beneath the waves. Dude is probably acutely aware of the issue.

Can you please point out when Pope Francis covered up sexual Assault?

Cardinal Law is still being protected in the Vatican where he enjoys the highest honors. Francis has put on a compassionate face and has made contrite public statements about the rampant sexual abuse in the Church but he has taken no practical steps to deal with it. He has done nothing to set himself apart from his predecessors.

The only change that has happened under Francis is how they hide and protect abusers. They used to move their rapist priests around the US, now they ship them off to South American countries to better hide them.

The Australian and Minnesota cover ups happened (and continue to happen) under his watch. Priests who committed sex abuse are still pulling down healthy pensions and living comfortable retirements under Francis.

Until he actually takes tangible actions towards the crimes his Church committed and continues to commit. He will be a PR Pope. An empty frock who was cynically given the job by the Cardinals as part of an effort to improve the Church's public image.

FYI Pope Francis has been a strong advocate of punishing Church officials for sexual misconduct.

A strong advocate in word but not yet in deed.

He is in my country now (Belgium )stinking up the air.

Should we give him a sack of fries or dunk a couple of beers over his head?

Ugh, he's way too close to Germany. I feel worse already knowing he's that close.

Although I kinda want him to go to Germany, preferrably with public appearance. Bring Bannon if you want, too.

The public would roast 'em.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
He is in my country now (Belgium )stinking up the air.

Should we give him a sack of fries or dunk a couple of beers over his head?

He called Brussels a hellhole, hope that gets thrown back in his face at some point. He's only here one day but it's too much already. Luckily you get him back soon America :p

FStubbs

Should tell you something when the Pope has a more progressive view about science than you do.

Anyways doesn't matter, Trump is an atheist (I still can't believe he pulled that con) so he doesn't give a shit.

Because many evangelicals have racism as their true religion and Trump is a true believer in that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
omg

I don't know why this is as hilarious as it is, but I can't stop laughing

Cardinal Law is still being protected in the Vatican where he enjoys the highest honors. Francis has put on a compassionate face and has made contrite public statements about the rampant sexual abuse in the Church but he has taken no practical steps to deal with it. He has done nothing to set himself apart from his predecessors.

The only change that has happened under Francis is how they hide and protect abusers. They used to move their rapist priests around the US, now they ship them off to South American countries to better hide them.

The Australian and Minnesota cover ups happened (and continue to happen) under his watch. Priests who committed sex abuse are still pulling down healthy pensions and living comfortable retirements under Francis.

Until he actually takes tangible actions towards the crimes his Church committed and continues to commit. He will be a PR Pope. An empty frock who was cynically given the job by the Cardinals as part of an effort to improve the Church's public image.

A strong advocate in word but not yet in deed.

Thank you for reminding us of that. It's easy to forget how corrupt and despicable this organization truly is when it's hiding under that kindly, friendly smile.

Why is that shit so cringeworthy? I'm atheist so I have no horse in the race but why do people post such nonsense when catholic sciencetists were the first and leading ones in pretty much all modern theories from Big Bang to Evolution?

Top Bottom