• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 – unique, unannounced features teased by Sony Interactive Entertainment president

Gamernyc78

Banned
Smh lol Sony isn't this cocky western company tht has to boast about how big its penis is. Like we've been through this many many times. Even with this gen and ps4:being stronger notjing was said until reveal day. Why do some of you keep wuth this narrative if tht hasnt been theur style 🤔

ZywyPL

Banned
Never seen Sony boast about their performance this gen. They prefer to play things cool, just wait and watch!

They did, Pro was marketed to death as the fastest/most powerful console in the world up until X1X showed up. The power/performance was basically Pro's sole marketing tool.

Dabaus

Banned
What we want: Full blown backwards compatibility with all preveious PS home consoles.

What we'll get: A pay to use service that lets you take your PS5 game with you to stream to PC Via PS Now.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
What we want: Full blown backwards compatibility with all preveious PS home consoles.

What we'll get: A pay to use service that lets you take your PS5 game with you to stream to PC Via PS Now.

I don’t think many people want or even care for that matter of backwards compatibility with PSOne or PS3. PS4 obviously, the rest is a non-factor.

ZywyPL

Banned
I don’t think many people want or even care for that matter of backwards compatibility with PSOne or PS3. PS4 obviously, the rest is a non-factor.

Exactly. It's hard to imagine people buying 500-600 consoles capable of 4K or even 8K, to play 15-25yo games with 5k poly models and 16x16 textures, it just doesn't make any sense at all. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug I know, but any of you addicts out there sooner or later needs to stop living in the past and move on. BC will be an amazing feature for the transition period, especially for those who want to immediately jump onto new generation but still have some backlog to catch on, but other than that the whole vast majority of average Joes doesn't give a crap about playing old games, especially THAT old. They want new - new CoD, new Fifa, new GTA, and so on.

Dlacy13g

Exactly. It's hard to imagine people buying 500-600 consoles capable of 4K or even 8K, to play 15-25yo games with 5k poly models and 16x16 textures, it just doesn't make any sense at all. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug I know, but any of you addicts out there sooner or later needs to stop living in the past and move on. BC will be an amazing feature for the transition period, especially for those who want to immediately jump onto new generation but still have some backlog to catch on, but other than that the whole vast majority of average Joes doesn't give a crap about playing old games, especially THAT old. They want new - new CoD, new Fifa, new GTA, and so on.

Its a selling point, regardless of how much it gets used... people like to know what they previously bought will follow with them. You may never play a BC game ever but if you had two options in front of you at the same price and one said you could play your old collection along with new games I think most consumers are going to look favorably at BC options.

Unless you just started gaming on playstation this gen I dont see how any one who has been through the ps1,ps2,ps3,psp, and ps vita not want BC because on ps3,psp and ps vita there are games on there that never got ported to the ps4 there are tons of psn arcade games that never got ported there are ps1 and ps2 games that never got ported. Unless your ok with your previous purchased digital games being lost to the absent of time BC is important. I would say ps4 games are the least important in terms of BC all ps4 exclusive games will get ported like theirs no tomorrow next gen.

"Exactly. It's hard to imagine people buying 500-600 consoles capable of 4K or even 8K, to play 15-25yo games with 5k poly models and 16x16 textures "
- I play games not graphics just played a bunch of ps1 and ps2 last year and this year at the start of this year played RE3 and AC5 I care what more about fun and originality in games then arbitrary things like 4k and realistic graphics that will age like a fart.

"it just doesn't make any sense at all. "
Of course it doesnt you only care about the hear and now and the hear and now is about as shallow as its ever been for gaming.

"Nostalgia is one hell of a drug I know, but any of you addicts out there sooner or later needs to stop living in the past and move on. "
-ill move on when we get games like burnout,ridge racer, time crisis, jak and daxter, Ratchet and clank, power stone, white knight chronicles, DDR Revolution, Syphon filter, Time splinters, Legend of Dragoon, Shin megami Tensei Nocturne, Motorstorm 1 and 2. But I doubt that what we get now is dude bro shooters and 30 fps walkie talkie games with HBO storylines.

"BC will be an amazing feature for the transition period, especially for those who want to immediately jump onto new generation but still have some backlog to catch on, "
-BC is important for game preservation sony is extremely bad with cherishing there old ips.

"but other than that the whole vast majority of average Joes doesn't give a crap about playing old games "
-yea because these people play nothing but cod,madden and fortnight 24/7 and when there not playing that they think playing something like TLOU makes them "intellectually deep". Your about 2 sentences away from saying that DLC,loot boxes and season passes are A okay.

"They want new - new CoD, new Fifa, new GTA, and so on. "
What a great way to push the western gaming industry forward.

Top Bottom